View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: App: Cachina - Neverwinter (0/3)

Hi there.

3 good games - at least by reputation as I havent played any of them!

How long do you tend to stay in the places you travel to? I can see the attraction of moving a few times but eventually I think i would feel rootless; maybe that's my age talking. I am certainly hoping to travel a lot more once the pesky kids are out of the way.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Great question - I would go see the hotel in Lapland where you can lie on reindeer fur and look up through glass ceiling at the northern light.
    And if I could go anywhere with any skill, I would go to the dungeons of the Vatikan and be able to read anything down there.

- and of course, I'd love to go to space - see the earth from above - or out there =D

What about you? And where is the wildest/craziest place you have been?

Hey Arkle

To me, home is where my heart is - inside my body. I will make any place my home in 3 months if I like it from the beginning
    And as I am 51, I don't think it is an age issue - yes, I am more lazy now, but I am also more efficient, because I have experience, so settling down is not in the near future for me ;-)

I have never been to Medillin in Colombia, but from what I hear, that is one of the places where I can see myself staying for more than 2 weeks. But lets see when I get there

Where do you want to go first when the halflings are out of the house?

oh mon,,

My travel wishes are somewhat plebian compared to your accomplishments already.

Would like to see a number places in the American West, mainly because of the numerous Louis L'Amour books I read growing up..

* ride the Durango to Silverton narrow gage rail train.
    * go to the Medicine Wheel in Wyoming. It was allegedly laid down at the same time as Stonehenge.
    * visit the grave of Bose Ikard, the scout on whom the character Deets is based, from the mini-series Lonesome Dove.
    * visit the one place where the Lewis and Clark expedition chiseled their name sinto the rock on the trail ( it may have been Clark only who did this).
    * Visit the actual site of the Adobe Walls battle, where settlers and Native Americans had two battles appx 10 yrs apart.
    * Visit the site of the Battle Of Greasy Grass, also know as Custer's Lat Stand.
    * Spend some Vacation time in the Wind River mountains. One of the last great wild places in the Lower 48.

Every once in a while in the course of Engineering, you just have to hoist the Black Flag, climb over the desk, and start slitting throats !!!

Well, the States has so much to offer! The 2 first things you mention sounds incredible. There's also a sacred mountain in California that I would like to visit. Maybe I should head up from Colombia in a few years and see some of the native american stuff. Oh yeah - Blue Mountain Rock (I think it's called) - the Hopi's most sacred place - is on my to-do list as well

By the way - on my way to Colombia, I am stopping over in Rome and then Florida - I have an old gaming friend from EQ, that I have never met but we've been friends for almost 20 years - not I get to meet him, for he and his wife lives in Florida. So cool! =D

i don't care to fly so my travel ambitions are limited. At some point i will drive around the country and visit some of the national parks i have not been too i would also like to go to spend some time in florida and see the everglades
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!

Hey doyler - thanks for reaching out and helping today. I know I am not much of a help when I am 6900 only, but I'll get up fairly fast I think, so I can be of assistance to the guild and the alliance

The Ravenloft expansion made it fairly easy to catch up with gear, but your enchants and campaign boons are still going to be a bit of a grind. Some campaigns are easier than others to tackle. I would suggest buying out any campaigns you can with genie gifts, as it will allow you to focus on the more difficult and time consuming campaigns.

I really envy your world travel and independent nature. I started my family young (mid 20s) and travel wasn't very enjoyable with small children. Perhaps now that my daughter is moving out, I'll have an opportunity down the road. It sure would have been nicer to do though while I was still young. Have you ever been in a situation during your travels where you didn't feel safe?
    I'm a mom, but I'm not your mom.

Hey Gwynn

Genie gifts? I have no clue to what that is - will google it right away

Well, you have your lovely kids to show for - being a parent is a sort of heroism in my world! I am so happy I didn't get any children, but I am sure I would have been crappy at it if I had =P

Yes, many times. Usually it's easy to move away from the situation and just go other places, do other stuff, see other people. One time I was driving to Flores in Guatemala, it was dark and I was the only passenger in the bus. The busdriver looked at me in a way that no woman ever likes being looked at.

When we arrived in Flores, he did not open the doors but called me up to him and starting asking me if I had a place to stay for the night. Luckíly there were some total strangers right outside the bus, so I acting like I knew them, knocked on the window and smiled and waved while answering him politely. When he saw that "I had people waiting for me outside" he opened the doors and I just said to the people "I did not feel safe, thanks for being here" and hugged them and they immediately caught it hugged me back and walked me to a nice hostel

I am lucky like that

In Colombia people wear guns in the street to feel safe and they have "Devil's Breath" plants https://www.drugs.com/illicit/devils-breath.html - so I have been advised to never accept flyers in the street, because they coat them with it.
    They also dance salsa in the streets every night in most cities and the country has mountains and nature that takes your breath away.
    Colombia is gonna be the most dangerous, beautiful and fun place ever - and if not now, then when?!

I am going to vlog about it on my English facebookpage all the way
    And I hope the internet is good enough to get me online and play some now and then.

What would be on the top of your travel list?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast