View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Gunnerb52 - Neverwinter Ravenloft (4/1)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter Ravenloft

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Samm Trickfoot

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I parked at the store and when I came out I did not realize that a can that looked exactly like mine had parked one spot closer. I have electronic locks so I unlock the car and get in. Then I notice that someone was in the passenger side and that the car did not have my dash connector for my phone. Look at the person sitting in passenger seat and their freaked out look. I hop out walk to the next spot and as I am getting in I wave and point at my car to show they are identical. They still weren't smiling

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Coolest was B-52 Gunner in Air Force (I don't think I have to say why it was the coolest because where else do you get to shoot a 20MM Vulcan canno that fires 4000 rounds a minute). Worst was tech support for all the McDonald's in the country (Should be easy to figure out why it was worst but if not then it was because they had the dumbest people working for them. I can't tell you how many times the fix was turn power on)

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Fallout, Might and Magic, WoW

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    A guy I worked with and he was always late, always confused, would not take responsibility for anything and yet somehow everything that he did wrong he blamed on me. Even though I was not in his section. He was also a habitual liar and even when he was caught he wouldn't own up to it but try and lie his way out of it.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I was in Air Force for 23 years. I started as a Gunner on the b-52 shooting 20MM Vulcan cannon. I have been with my wife for 20+ years and I have 4 boys and 1 girl. Boys are 29,20,19,14 and our surprise little girl is 6. She is daddy's girl through and through. I was medically retired from the military a month before she was born so I am the one that raised her. I was with her all the time. She would get up from sitting next to her mom to find me to ask me to get her something. I am also the only one that supposedly knows how to play dolls according to her.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Because it said they were casual adult guild. I am a very casual player and not really into the hassle of raiding.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Are you guys OK with noobs? I am only working on 2nd day in this game. I didn't even know it existed until I stumbled on it by Humble Humble having a give away for some items for the Star Trek game and then I saw Ravenloft. I used to play D&D after I joined the military. I never did it before. You would be surprised how many military people play D&D. Most never did it as kids or teens but picked it up like I did in their 20s.

Raiding or other things are not mandatory are they?

Is there a discord or some other chat program?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A summon Chuck Norris for 30 minutes button with over 9000 uses

Welcome to the process, Gunnerb52!

For Uey's reading this - Gunnerb52 is still new to NW. New enough that they haven't unlocked chat yet - so if you see them chatting in /g, that's why.

Anywas, Gunnerb52 - it's really simple - you submit your app, we sit around, discuss things, get to know each other, and eventually votes will start to roll in from guild officers (those with yellow, green, & purple names). If you get 4 YES votes, you're in. 3 NO votes, and we part ways. That's it. Mainly, we want to get to know you, and see how well you'd fit in with this bunch of pantsless hooligans.

Ok, that's out of the way... on to questions and answers!

To answer your question - we're very fine with new players. And no, I wouldn't be surprised by how many military people are into D&D (or Warhammer... ;-) We also don't have mandatory anything - play how you like, when you like, and what you like - within guild rules. Other than that, have fun.

So - what got you into D&D? Old school pen-and-paper player? Or did you get in during your time in the military, too? What drove you out of Azeroth? Do you know the secret of howTF they get a B-52 into the air, and keep it there? Because after watching one take off, I'm convinced there is sorcery involved....
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Ueys like pictures. Get yourself an avatar.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    n00b?!? wtf? GTFO!!!!

Clearly I am kidding.

So being tech support for chain like that I have a bit of insight. My wife works for a major truck stop/convenience store chain in their pricebook dept. Basically making sure certain barcodes scan right, promotions show up correctly, etc. Did you have to remote into any of their POS terminals to fix something? I'm really curious about some stories here, they have gotta be entertaining.
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Inactivity and no avatar. My no trigger finger is getting itchy. Gunner's been in game though and doing pretty well, so I'll give it a little bit. Gunner, if you're around, post something.

Yeah, I've definitely seen GunnerB in-game. If someone sees them, mention to him that he should wander back here....

learned - this is like the 5th time today i agree with you. Could you please do something wrong?

aka Gunnarb52 - please post something, come back to us...
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

no inactivity in the application
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!

If somebody see's him in game remind him to come back to the app.

Also No, been a while now

NO
    Last edited by arkle; 09-18-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast