View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: App: madparade7 - Neverwinter for now, turn me on to some other (4/0)

Quote Originally Posted by Learnedhand View Post
    What does "El Cochino de LeVerga" actually mean, if anything?
    It's actually Mexican slang for "dirty old man", something to that effect. I have spent over half my life in kitchens, so Spanish slang is like a 2nd language for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentgurl View Post
    Hi Mad! How are you? and Welcome the App Process. I see you are applying with Neverwinter..nice!, I also play it from time to time, I have a level 14 Pally on there...I also game hop alot as well lol haha..my main mmo is DDO, if you want to check it out, feel free to and it's also free to play as well unless you decide to Sub in the future, we have a guild branch in there as well....What class do you play in Neverwinter? and if you need any help at all or have any questions for us, please ask and we will be happy to help you...Good luck with your App!
    I game hop about a bit as well. I have been playing a Hunter Ranger on PS4, but I am making the jump to PC, its way prettier and runs wayyyy better. I play a Trickster now, I tend to lean more towards rogue type stuff. I have played DDO a bit, I enjoyed it but didn't get too involved. I have been a huge D&D fan since I started playing in 1977. I still throw dice at my local game shop occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Thirty years cooking? Dang son! In all that time a few things have surely arisen such as:
    1) what was the most jaw dropping thing you learned? Either a technique or a food is actually a food
    2) What have you discovered that you like and didn't think you would?
    3) Whats your go-to for a quick and impressive meal?
    Hmm..

Jaw dropping stuff? Smoked crickets taste a lot like bbq Corn-nuts, the tip of your finger will grow back (sort of) and that I have cold hands. This means chocolate doesn't melt in my hand, a great trait for pastry Chefin'. I discovered that I really don't care for seafood, but for some reason I can consume a dozen oysters no problem. For a meal go to? Either Bolognese or Chilaquiles, both easily thrown together with what you have in the cupboard. Sometimes I cook for 12 hours in a day, so when I get home, I like to make quick stuff so I can game! I ran a cooking advice column in my old guild's forums for several years, I may be talked into doing it again.
    Last edited by madparade7; 08-05-2018 at 08:41 AM.

I live in Texas, but I'm adopted from Bangladesh"
    Quote Originally Posted by madparade7 View Post
    I game hop about a bit as well. I have been playing a Hunter Ranger on PS4, but I am making the jump to PC, its way prettier and runs wayyyy better. I play a Trickster now, I tend to lean more towards rogue type stuff. I have played DDO a bit, I enjoyed it but didn't get too involved. I have been a huge D&D fan since I started playing in 1977. I still throw dice at my local game shop occasionally.
    oh nice! and glad im not the only game hopper..there are few of them in the Uey Community =p
    "Siggy-Courtesy of the One and Only, Pfloyd"

Have you joined us in Neverwinter yet? If not, you can do so whi.e your app is pending by joining our custom chat channel ingame, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting an invite. To join the channel, type /channel_join uey in the chat line. Once in guild, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page. Hit G, click roster tab and find member comments in the rightmost column.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnedhand View Post
    Have you joined us in Neverwinter yet? If not, you can do so whi.e your app is pending by joining our custom chat channel ingame, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting an invite. To join the channel, type /channel_join uey in the chat line. Once in guild, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page. Hit G, click roster tab and find member comments in the rightmost column.
    Awesome! I have been invited, already met some cool people. Thanks!

MadParade has been popping up in both chat and Discord on a regular basis, and been fitting in pretty well.

How's your experience been so far? And what was your first MMO?
    <--- Motorboating - fun for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron-tonian View Post
    MadParade has been popping up in both chat and Discord on a regular basis, and been fitting in pretty well.

How's your experience been so far? And what was your first MMO?
    So far so good. I have met e few cool peeps, even done a few group things.. Tiamat and skirmish stuff. No one has cussed at me or kicked me from group so I think it's going great! My first MMO was EQ, then EQ2 for many many years. I have been in the same EQ2 guild for close to 12 years, those people became my real life friends. I still socialize with them, even though I don't raid with them anymore.

OK. Or not OK. That is the question and the rub.
    Would you like someone to cuss at you? I can do that. Badly, but I can do it!

I can understand wanting quick stuff at home rather than going all extravagant. I suspect its along the lines of working in IT and having family ask for help after hours or having to fix your own shit when something bluescreens.

Having cold hands must be nice. Since you mention modeling chocolatatas what kinda stuff have you made?
    I was big in Japan, I was king of ping pong. Yea I was bad a tuba and I'm sure you'd like me to bounce.
    https://youtu.be/k9tgLnI0fFc?t=3m28s

Quote Originally Posted by battlebovine View Post
    Would you like someone to cuss at you? I can do that. Badly, but I can do it!

I can understand wanting quick stuff at home rather than going all extravagant. I suspect its along the lines of working in IT and having family ask for help after hours or having to fix your own shit when something bluescreens.

Having cold hands must be nice. Since you mention modeling chocolatatas what kinda stuff have you made?
    I used to do wedding cakes out of my house. Fondant, gum paste, chocolate stuff. I once made a sculpture of my hand out of modeling chocolate. It's kind of like soft Tootsie roll. I got as detailed as using my own fingerprints on the fingers, it looked pretty cool. I also made a scale model of Stonehenge and a Sphinx out of gingerbread way back when.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast