Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cute little movie on Netflix called Bright...

Tucson AZ

Looks like its getting a sequel. Unlike the author of the above article, I enjoyed the movie and am looking forward to revisiting the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by KreepyKritter View Post
    Wow... this thread seriously took a turn on us. Like, as far as thread derailment goes, this is pretty much a chart-topping clusterf**k of epic proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    Katus is indeed our Zombie Apocalypse Survival Overlord. ZASO for short.

Fort Myers, FL
    It was alright, but parts had me cringing at how ignorant of our times it was.
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulminan3 View Post
    I enjoyed it quite a lot to be honest.... It's a strange mix, but somehow, it manages to make something ridiculous (lord of the rings + our society) into something interesting
    I love how most of the story was implicit and you get to play with theories and whatnot.
    Completely agree. When I first started watching it, I was expecting it to be pretty lame, but it turned out to be both interesting and entertaining.
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

I came across Bright the day it was released, watched like 5 minutes, then got out of the bedroom, went around the house gathering folks and put it on the big screen in the living room (for those that do not know I have a large household).

We LOVED it!

Then I started to see the ratings...

Wow, I am fairly certain we can now seperate the people doing ratings into 2 groups.

1) People who think Citizen Kane was the greatest film ever and if it is after colour was a normal process for films they all sucked.

2) the rare few who understand Fantasy.

I think the people who don't like it miss out on a few key points.

a) Aliens are Alien. Just because they look a *LOT* like humans, these are other specie. They are going to think and act VERY different. Hell we have 2 other specie we share the planet with that apparently have a language and we have no friggin idea what they are saying. (dolphins and whales)

b) Alternate dimension theory. I sat through a series of video lectures from a string theory physicist... First off, I got about oh.. 5% of the math talked about and about 20% of the physics. However the divergent path theorums made sense to me. I could easily see where current science would see the alternate universe of Bright make sense.

c) If fantasy/sci fi had to make sense you could just call it fiction. I have been a long time lover of those genre's and the first thing ya gots to do.. Turn off the switch in your brain that mandates that you fully understand everything that happens. I know that if you were to take a group of folks from the 70's and show them a modern household they would lose their collective shit.

I loved it, I look forward to the 2nd one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2