Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino directing and writing next Star Trek movie?!?!?!

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/...movie-together

So this may or may not happen and honestly I've rarely been so overjoyed and saddened by the same thing, but if this happens there is one thing for sure...I am at that movie on opening day to either see something glorious or disastrous, but I am taking that ride.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Blog Entries
    You know, I feel JJ Abrams is a good match for the style of the Trek Movies, but I would love to see a grittier Trek, which Tarantino could probably pull off fairly well if he's working alongside somebody that can keep the Sci-Fi theme a priority.

However, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT give that sonofabitch another goddamn guitar, or anything remotely valuable or historical to use as a prop.
    TMcMahon.5014 - GW2
    CooteKT#1743 - BNet
    @TMc51 - STO

They say that life's a carousel spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
    The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
    And they'll tell you black is really white, that the moon is just the sun at night
    And when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls
    It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!

Eh...Tarantino is a bit of a hack in my opinion...Star Trek? Dear god I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Woohoo! I'm a special person now as well! Look out guysl... my penis is gonna be HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Meh. My hair looks dumb and I can't find sheep.

Blog Entries
    I don't think Ry could stomach a Pulp Fiction version of Star Trek. She'd probably walk away from the series until he was replaced. Besides, I don't know that Roddenberry would approve.

Considering Star Citizen? CLICK HERE to use my referral code & get bonus UEC!

Yaknow what, fine. Like, I could definitely be mad about this, but they've done so many weird things with the franchise that I'm in "sure, why the hell not" mode at this point.

Well Tarantino is a HUGE Star Trek fan, so likely he would be respectful of Roddenberry's vision and the article outlines that this is in conjunction with Abrams as Producer.

I just thought it was an odd matching, but I would love to see it, disaster or delight.

I don't love everything Tarantino does, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Bastards...I loved those, Hateful Eight was on the fence for me, was not a big fan of Kill Bill 1 or 2. Death Proof was a miss for me, enjoyed Planet Terror immensely but that was Robert Rodriguez (Dusk til Dawn) in the director's chair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huntgod View Post
    I don't love everything Tarantino does, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Bastards...I loved those, Hateful Eight was on the fence for me, was not a big fan of Kill Bill 1 or 2. Death Proof was a miss for me, enjoyed Planet Terror immensely but that was Robert Rodriguez (Dusk til Dawn) in the director's chair.
    I could seriously see him being able to pull off a movie about Harcourt Fenton Mudd or something. Not main Trek, but the shadiest character the series ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Tefached View Post
    I could seriously see him being able to pull off a movie about Harcourt Fenton Mudd or something. Not main Trek, but the shadiest character the series ever had.
    On that note, Rainn Wilson is a fantastic Mudd...just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by huntgod View Post
    On that note, Rainn Wilson is a fantastic Mudd...just perfect.
    Agreeeeeeed. He is so made for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylatron View Post
    Yaknow what, fine. Like, I could definitely be mad about this, but they've done so many weird things with the franchise that I'm in "sure, why the hell not" mode at this point.
    Yup, that's about where I'm at with it all.
    I like the new movies but don't like this alternate timeline crap.
    I would condemn the apathetic but I really don't care.
    Best sig ever, if I could make it fit. http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...l=1#post696841

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast