View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: DarkMagic - Neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    DarkMagic

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I was sleeping in the middle of a college lecture, then for some random reason I woke up screaming and everyone was looking at me like I was crazy.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I haven't had a job yet.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Wow, because i spent a lot of money, don't want to waste it.
    League of Legends because my friends play it often.
    Neverwinter I just enjoy playing it.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I don't really like to talk ill of others.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I'm as boring as they come.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    No reason specific, I just read what your guild was about and thought it would fit me.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    When can I join?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    An Air archon Compagnion, because this way I won't be alone plus they are so cool.

Darkmagic's been hooked up with a guild invite.

Darkmagic, welcome to the application process. The first date, so to speak, where we get to know you and you get to know us. Our community is large, and our members have very diverse interests. Not all of them play Neverwinter. So it's important to remain active here in your forum application, even if you are active in game. If you check out the rejected application section of the forums, you'll find that a majority of the applications that we reject, we reject for inactivity (although there are some epic meltdowns as well). This process is one of the few things we take seriously here (the others can be found in the rules. It's a very short list). Once accepted, there are NO activity requirements in game or on the forums. It takes 4 yes votes to get accepted, only three to be rejected. The only votes that count towards your vote total are votes from leadership members with golden, green or purple names.

Surely, there must be something cool about yourself that you can share with us, such as a hobby, or anything like that. We don't have that question on the application to judge you and, chances are, nobody here is going to say "that's not cool, man," unless you put that you're into serial killing or something of that nature. We just want to get a sense of who you are and what you're all about. You're free to ask us questions as well. It may be helpful to check out some of the accepted applications to see how others answered. I will readily admit that I did that before applying and I found it helpful.

On a different note, you joined our neverwinter guild last night at a point where the in game chatter was pretty active for awhile. Any impressions so far?

The application is one of the few things we take seriously around here. We like to ensure that we only recruit people that fit us and that we fit. I'll be honest, your application is kinda lackluster at the moment, you might want to take a gander at the accepted and rejected apps to get an idea of what others have done. Also, you don't want to edit your first post, it tends to bug out and lose everything. Just post replies.
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

No due to inactivity.

Drivious-Byus.
    No.
    Last edited by Death_Rictus; 12-18-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    No, for inactivity here.

Sorry, about the inactivity I didn't know how the application worked. My application was a bit rush (my bad), wanted to get back to the game. I'll pay more attention to the forum so any questions you guys have to shoot them my way. I'm not gonna say I have a lot of cool stories but there are few events that I'm fond of. The coolest thing I ever did was a school fight back in high school. Until today I have no idea how it started, all I knew was a friend of mine got into trouble and it was up to the rest of us to stand by him. Did we win, well, no we got beat, but hey we all laughed about how bad we were.

"On a different note, you joined our Neverwinter guild last night at a point where the in-game chatter was pretty active for a while. Any impressions so far?"

I found the guild using the guild search tool, when I got in people said welcome, so I found that pretty welcoming. So far I've been flying under the radar, but still, I enjoy reading the chat from time to time. Plus when I have a question it's nice to know I have people I can ask.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    OK, will retract my NO, looking forward to seeing this progress :-)

Our application process is front loaded because one of our primary tenets is that once you are in the U, you are in the U. I can count the number of times we've had to boot someone on one hand in the 9 years I've been hanging around.

---edit---

Heh just realized I wasn't one of the NO votes...but I am sure one of those guys will be willing.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

hey thx for the vote for the vote of confidence, appreciate it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast