View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Noobynut - Neverwinter (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Noobynut

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    None

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Friend asked me to come over and drink. Being 14 we drank. Next morning I had a wonderful conversation with his parents about how I sat on grandma last night while she was sleeping. Good thing at least it was her Birthday.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Bouncer at a Cougar Bar. Oh yah. Horny Cougars.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Everquest, League of Legends, Binding Of Isaac.

I don't know why....

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Gwynne. She talks alot! :0P

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Was on a dance show before. Much Music Dance. Kinda like your MTV Dance show that played videos in a bar scenery and people danced.

I can show a pic but you have to ask.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Gwynne couldn't stop bugging me!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    How do I get an invite to the Meetups?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A Stick. So I can beat his ass and send Him Down the Goddam Dangerous Cave! Cuz I'm not going!

This is me. Trying to make this work.

Last edited by Gwynn; 11-07-2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added the photo for him, since he was having issues

Man, you are really having no luck with this thing eh?

So I chatted with Nooby a bit earlier (I'm the person he'd contacted in the guild about membership) and I'm afraid I did a pretty crap job. I've been sick (not sleeping) for like a week, and wasn't caffeinated at the time, so cut me some slack eh?

Anyway, I've let him know he's going to need to flesh this application out quite a bit more, so that we can all get to know him better.

We did chat with him for a while before my voice totally gave out, and he seems like a nice/laid back guy.
    I'm a mom, but I'm not your mom.

I tried adding the photo to his post for him, but I can't get it working either. What's up with that?

I was in that Discord convo with Gwynn and Nooby earlier today and actually continued to talk to him for a bit after Gwynn's voice quit. I agree with her. He seems pretty laid back and I think he has some potential, once he beefs up his app.
    Last edited by Learnedhand; 11-07-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

Blog Entries
    What does adult Noobynut like to drink, vs. 14 year old Noobynut? Also, do you still sit on Grandmas or is that chapter of your life over with?

nooby has been in chat and fitting right in
    Welcome to my home ..........FYI that locked door you kicked down was for your ​protection......not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    What does adult Noobynut like to drink, vs. 14 year old Noobynut? Also, do you still sit on Grandmas or is that chapter of your life over with?

Well I am from Canada so we don't have that American 3% Beer. Then again I don't drink Canadian beer. Kilkenny is my beer of choice. BUT!!! Mount Gay Rum *it is a real rum and VERY VERY GOOD RUM* with coke *NOT PEPSI*, 4 Ice Cubes, 2 dashes of water and 1 cup coke. Yes I mastered the R&C drink. That is 42 year old Nooby. 6foot4 about 290lbs so no Grandma's lining up for a special 'Sit' down. Tried a few times and explaining to the ambulance what exactly happened didn't go over well.

P.S. - I have level 99 Liquor Proffession skill and 99.5 Cooking Mr Chef. Feel free to pick my brain! I know an amazing chicken pesto/sun dried tomato recipe that will literally Knock Granny panties off!

What does a Muppet drink these days?

"I poot da cheeken in da poot!"

Blog Entries
    Aha, a good Canadian. We can never have too many Canadians here. Being from Michigan I tend to identify more with fellow people who suffer though winters, vs. my southern American brethren and their inexcusable 'wearing shorts in January' behavior.

You know, I'm not big on liquor or mixed drinks* but I'll never turn down a rum and coke if someone's offering. They are good, and there is definitely better and worse ones out there. I'm pretty much wedded to beer now, especially Belgian-influenced brews in summer time and stouts/porters in winter time.

I prefer craft brew but have been feeling cheaper and less adventurous after having a family, so now my go-to's are Stella in summer and Guinness in winter. When I splurge it's Chimay blanc or Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout, or something from Bell's, or Elliott Ness from Great Lakes. I'm drinking what I think is a vanilla porter right now, but not 100% sure as the label fell off. It's good and I can't see through it, so it is good enough to drink. Good thing I don't absolutely love it though, as I'll never figure out what it is.
    I just read up on Kilkenny and now it's on my try list, thanks!

How often do you cook? I pretty much just do breakfast on weekends now, Mrs. Chef rules the kitchen with an iron wok and does not appreciate my meddling...I used to cook a lot but my skills have degraded pretty significantly. I fear I will degrade to eating beans out of a can before too long!

Have fun with our application process and stay engaged. We will have many questions for you, so be ready to bare your soul!
    ChefB

*except for bloody marys, I really like a well made bloody mary. Breakfast of champions who have nothing much to do that day!
    More like BRObiWanJabroni

Once you had kilkenny you won't go back! If you like the Belgium beers you should also dip into some German ones. If you need more suggestions let me know. I can dig up some of the hot sellers from when I used to work at a Liguor store.

I do like to cook. I don't do it so much because of cost. I am the best host but worst guest. VERY HUGE FOOD SNOB! So my wife says. Not to boast or such but my knives are a few hundred a piece. When I cook. I COOK. Italian is my backgrounds so I learned alot from Nonna. *Grandma* I get asked to cook certain dishes for Family gatherings AND been asked to do so for friends parties. A way to my heat is through the stomach so I am told. I am very particular with food. I have gotten 'off the hook' with wifey and shit lists by food! Its such a powerful tool!

In case it didn't show. I am very particular kind of guy. I know I am on trial here. But did you know? You are too! :0)

P.S. - I did alot of 'Baring' years ago. If you got it. Flaunt it. Be careful what you wish for Mr Chef!

Nooby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast