View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: App: NcA - Destiny 2, Ark, RL, Siege (0/3)

Seems you've been a bit busy due to random stuff and holiday whatnot, but seeing as you've gone and made the mistake of listing Ark as one of the games you'd like to play with us, I might as well extend an invitation for you to join one of our Aberration servers, assuming you picked up the expac.

Kuns has his server cluster going, which has a fair number of people on it and is fairly mod lite for efficiency sake, and I have a one off Aberration server that's built to be a bit more.. Lets use the word challenging. It's better than suicidal. Info for both servers are on the Ark subsection. Feel free to come get digested with one of us!

Hope your holidays are going well!

So, you still around? Anybody has any in game interaction with him?

No due to inactivity.
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

No.

I think "No due to inactivity." is actually pretty unfair. We (UEY) have been the ones failing folks that are trying to join the community. Looking through apps now, literally nothing has votes aside from "not a good fit" and "inactivity" so i'm unclear as to what we're looking for in this particular case. NCA is a great fit; he's an avid gamer, friend to many of us, and has played with just as many (already covered in this app) so it's no longer about fit (which no one has said he wouldn't be a good one) but like we're testing folks patience with the process? I don't think this should be why someone is rejected imo.

Also, Flack, we were hitting the ARK thing pretty hard for a bit. That died off when they allowed inter-ark hopping and russian/chinese took over and wiped all the hardcore servers, including ours... None of us have built up enough sympathy for that dev team to give them more $ for the expac thus far
    ----------------
    love machine

I think NcA is a good fit too, but he hasn't posted in a month, hasn't logged on in three weeks and we only have evidence of one encounter since he started his app. We both know he'd be a good addition to the community, but the application process is about showing that fact to the rest of the community. I will admit that it was a busy part of the year when he submitted his app with thanksgiving and Christmas, but if he wants to pick it back up he should come back to his app.

I've tried steering him back here and had no reply, which seems out of character for him. Hopefully nothing too serious is going down.

If he gets voted down due to inactivity there is no reason he can't return later when he has more time. I suspect he either isn't that interested or he has other things going on right now and gaming is a low priority.

I get it, I just wanted to share my knee jerk response to how I perceive things in the "Application Center" as having worked out. I'm not saying NCA isn't a lazy procrastinator (he knows himself) but I also wanted to make sure we're not judging solely on responsiveness as this is a pretty flexible community that prides itself on casual gaming experiences with fun folks which I'd also somewhat expect in the "getting to know you phase".

"If he gets voted down due to inactivity there is no reason he can't return later when he has more time. I suspect he either isn't that interested or he has other things going on right now and gaming is a low priority."
    ^^ also good to know as i'd assumed these were the end all of apps. thanks tallon
    Last edited by Carbonoid; 01-19-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Whenever I am one of the early responses to a new app I try to include something along the lines of inactivity is the main reason for No votes; you can be inactive if RL is a problem but during the app let us know...eventually we have to boot orphaned applications. I tend not to do this at the start of a weekend so I'll come back Monday and see if there has been any new posts otherwise I'll be completing the roster of No votes.
    High Muck-a-Muck, leader of the DDO Branch.

Started with a dwarven sorc (Marrioc), now cycling through racial TRs; a ranger/rogue mechanic (Serriondal), a 2WF dwarf with axes (Hwarc); Jzz, Suhioc, Hammioc, Parsnips and xxnelliexx for special occasions.

Said I would so here I am - third No vote. As mentioned above, the applicant can revive the app and I for one will reconsider but nothing for a very long time.

NO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3