View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: jbrady21 - Destiny 2, Overwatch (0/3)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Destiny 2, Overwatch

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Jbrady

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Direct

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    One time at band camp....

So many times I have walked into a group (work or personal) and talk to people without remembering their names. Normally all goes well bouncing around the fact, but that one time you get caught in your dereliction of ones memory.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Best- Product Manager over a software system that was used globally to manage downhole tools in the Oil and Gas (O&G). I got to help guide a project that had been stagnant towards its first release in over eight years.

Worst - IT Manager in a dysfunctional O&G department where historically all decisions (from the smallest color choice on a screen to the back end core infrastructure) were run past the boss for approval. It was here I learned the downsides of micro-management.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Halo - No need for an explanation there!
    Descent - oh the days of playing this in high school computer class
    Age of Empires - the fun days when micro management was easy!

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Oh the mother in law... does one really need to explain that one ever no matter your gender? I dont' mind being given direction, but when you are working (manual labor around the house) and she (from the comfort of whatever couch she can find to sit down in) critics every thing you are doing (IN YOUR OWN HOME) enough is enough...

needless to say that retort didn't go the planned way as she intended.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I like to tinker with both digital and wood projects.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Its all for the friends, right? I have a few RL friends in this guild and enjoy hanging out with them both online in in person.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Why so many questions!

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    iPhone, because no Android in this house!

Hey! I see you made it into mumble. I'll come find you soon and we can chat about life.

I was reading through your app I got excited about Descent. God I loved playing that game. The graphics were the bomb. Great fantastic super game. I also Played a bunch of AoE. It's like we're twins....EXCEPT I HAVE AN ANDROID.

I'm sure Direct threw down the 411 on the guild. 4 yes votes from Uccifers (names in yellow) and you're in like Flynn. What gets you those yes votes? Feedback from interaction with you in game. Plus your application may feature members who don't playing D2 or Overwatch, but still want to get to know how you tick. Long story short, check back here often. You can also post in the Thirsty Troll Tavern. Feel free to respond to anything of interest, start a post. You do you!

Last but not least, Arkle will hunt you down unless you get a forum avatar. Just sayin :P

Ahh Descent - the game that made me work through my video game vertigo problem.
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

I did make it eventually.... working with Direct to improve his spelling skills on the guild name.

Thanks for the pointer about the avatar, will update it to ensure I don't get become prey to Arkle!

P.S.
    Not everyone can be cool and have iOS.

Way to NOT buy lunch for Direct when he's taking care of his sick wife. WTF MAN!

Way to NOT buy lunch for Direct when he's taking care of his sick wife. WTF MAN!
    This guy right here, let me tell you!

Direct has friends? The one guy crankier than I am around here?

Oh this should be good.

What kind of wood projects? I never got past making a mantle clock in shop class in school, but I did enjoy it, and helped Pops put in a deck about ten years ago.

I've been hanging out with jbrizzle for a couple days now. He was also with us as we killed the first boss in the Leviathan raid. I'm not sure if he was drunk or not, but he kept trying to tickle Direct with his sword. HE IS COOL YAY BRING MORE FRIENDS DIRECT.

Had a chance to play with JBrady here over the weekend and seems like a solid dude. You know, the opposite of that Direct jerk. I like what I see so far.

So as a fellow IT guy, tell us the dumbest screwup you and Direct went through from a IT war story perspective. Did he just like randomly reboot an Oracle dbase at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon like I suspect or what?
    CO: @ZandarTheWeeble
    FF XIV: Zandar Casseline on Siren
    PSN: Zandartheweeble
    Origin: Zandar1

Manderville, Manderville, Manderville man.

played with jbrady over the last little bit and he seems like a nice guy. did some trials yesterday where we got our face melted by randos, so that was nice. but yeah, nice guy and always looking to group up. i'd say he's a good fit.
    Steam: Peenu | PSN: Pinchfist | Battle.net: Epistemology#1338 | UPlay: Pinchfist | Origin: Pinchfisty | Epic Games: Peenu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast