View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 100.00%
  • No

    0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: App: Griffolion - Star Citizen (0/3)

  1. #1
    Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

    What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Star Citizen

    What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Griffolion

    Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Taleri

    So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

    Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I racked my brain and I can't really think of anything that fits into any of those three categories that is noteworthy. Perhaps the one that stands out best is where I was going for a USCIS interview for them to determine if I should get conditional residency, they asked me when my wife and I got married, and I totally blanked on the date for a second. Needless to say they looked at me funny, lol.

    What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    Best - The one I'm in right now, because I'm doing something I want to do and it pays well. I get to be creative and solve problems, put real things out to users and see what I make in action.

    Worst - Being a bartender at a 4 star hotel. Not a people person (or just that many people), nor am I a late night person, and the work wasn't the most dignified being a service job.

    Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Because it's a great narrative with a fantastic soundtrack that depicts a rich world. I very much like cyberpunk type stuff. I like how it tells a story of a world that may not be too dissimilar to our own one day. It provides a setting to explore the impacts of emergent issues that our own society might not face yet, but will one day. In the case of Deus Ex, the notion of human augmentation causing greater rich/poor divides.

    The Witcher 3 - For almost the same reasons as Deus Ex, but in a fantasy setting. The world is incredibly rich, amazing dialog, and great gameplay. The game did a great job at exploring the notions of racism by depicting a world of humans persecuting dwarves and elves. It also did a good job of shining a light on the tension between tradition and progress, where Geralt the main character as a Witcher is a thing of the past.

    Rocket League - It's a fun game!

    Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    Well there was this one person that kept on talking about wanting me to join a gaming guild...

    But one of the more annoying people I've had to deal with in recent times is a coworker who doesn't seem to enjoy having to deal with anyone else's code but his own. Anything not done by him is "done wrong". It annoys me because his code isn't even that great, neither does he do things particularly well, nobody ever wants to go through his code.

    Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I'm not living in the country of my birth, I'm from the UK but live in the US.

    Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    It seemed like a good place to be! Also, it was recommended to me by a friend.

    BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    If you ever needed to actually just really, what would you do if you actually just couldn't even?

    Almost done!

    You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A corgi puppy. Because no one ever expects the guy with a corgi puppy.

  2. #2
    Welcome to the Unrepentant application for awesomeness. We don't take much seriously here but the application process is one of them (the others can be found here: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...tfaq#faq_rules). Check back here often as members will be asking questions to get to know you and vice versa, so stay active or you might be booted for inactivity. And now on to Star Citizen. CitizenCon, HOLY SHIT!!! I might have crapped myself a bit when they flew through ArcCorp. Ermagerd! Were you able to watch today? So what ships do you own and what are you looking forward to doing most when 3.0 hits?
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-2PF5-GTK7

    Interested in Star Citizen? Use my Referral Code and earn 5000 UEC!


  3. #3
    corgi puppy is a good answer... I should know.

  4. #4
    GalacticKegger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Next door to Oblivion.
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hi Griffolion! Welcome to the U's app process. This is where you get to know us, we get to know you and hopefully no one barfs as a result.

    Couldn't help but notice Star Citizen plastered on your app title. Are you active now? If so how often do you play? Or are you holding off diving into the game until 3.0? I ask because we have a decent sized Org (76 members) but the vast majority are on hiatus until 3.0 comes out.

    Which aspects of the game do you most like to play? For our scrambles we usually do some AC and/or SM, then follow that up with some PU missions. We'd be playing mostly in the PU if it was more stable. If 3.0 irons that out then I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there.

    What ships do you have? Together our Org has everything but a Bengal Carrier, and one member just acquired a Pioneer this week. So we are primed for building our base. Thank you Kat!

    I also noticed that you play Rocket League. Friday night Rocket league has become a staple around here. A major part of the app process is to actually play and hang with Ueys. So you are more than welcome to join us.

    Oh ... I would and say I didn't, or wouldn't and say I did.

    Cheers!

    Keg

    [edit] and Jack is right ... what they demo'd at Citizencon was amazeballs.
    Last edited by GalacticKegger; 10-28-2017 at 03:35 PM.


    Considering Star Citizen? CLICK HERE to use my referral code & get bonus UEC!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughinJack View Post
    Welcome to the Unrepentant application for awesomeness. We don't take much seriously here but the application process is one of them (the others can be found here: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...tfaq#faq_rules). Check back here often as members will be asking questions to get to know you and vice versa, so stay active or you might be booted for inactivity. And now on to Star Citizen. CitizenCon, HOLY SHIT!!! I might have crapped myself a bit when they flew through ArcCorp. Ermagerd! Were you able to watch today? So what ships do you own and what are you looking forward to doing most when 3.0 hits?
    Hey! Yeah I watched the keynote where they showed ArcCorp planet city and then some of Hurston. I was quite impressed overall, I especially liked how they'd fleshed out a lot of the on-the-ground stuff, like many NPCs and richer detail. Overall, very impressed, and a damn sight better than last year's CitCon.

    Quote Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
    Hi Griffolion! Welcome to the U's app process. This is where you get to know us, we get to know you and hopefully no one barfs as a result.

    Couldn't help but notice Star Citizen plastered on your app title. Are you active now? If so how often do you play? Or are you holding off diving into the game until 3.0? I ask because we have a decent sized Org (76 members) but the vast majority are on hiatus until 3.0 comes out.

    Which aspects of the game do you most like to play? For our scrambles we usually do some AC and/or SM, then follow that up with some PU missions. We'd be playing mostly in the PU if it was more stable. If 3.0 irons that out then I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there.

    What ships do you have? Together our Org has everything but a Bengal Carrier, and one member just acquired a Pioneer this week. So we are primed for building our base. Thank you Kat!

    I also noticed that you play Rocket League. Friday night Rocket league has become a staple around here. A major part of the app process is to actually play and hang with Ueys. So you are more than welcome to join us.

    Oh ... I would and say I didn't, or wouldn't and say I did.

    Cheers!

    Keg

    [edit] and Jack is right ... what they demo'd at Citizencon was amazeballs.
    Hey! I'm mainly waiting for 3.0 now, I stopped being active both on the game and on the SC sub a while ago. The content drought was really too much, 2017 hasn't been a great year for CIG overall IMO. I'm encouraged by their decision to move to a more agile release cycle (content drops every month, whatever's finished and shippable goes out the door, everything else gets moved to next Q).

    My ship is a Freelancer, I'm not really into the combat side of the game since I'm not very good at it. If I were to do it, it would be PVE type stuff. I'm more interested in shipping stuff from place to place. Happy to be part of an Org, I think that's going to really make the game shine.

  6. #6
    I love Witcher 3. I also love they took Gwent and made their own game with it. Gwent was my jam in there. I could play that for hours.

    I've expressed interest in Star Citizen, but I think I'll wait until it become more....not in testing. It looks gorgeous and I'm excited to play it with the U.

    I'm not sure about Corgi puppies. I have a Pug though. I can always hear him sleeping through the house. It's not that it's super loud...it vibrates through the floor.

  7. #7
    Hiya!!

    Corgi puppies are the absolute best!!!

    Tell me a story. What was the worst experience you had as a bartender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffolion View Post
    If you ever needed to actually just really, what would you do if you actually just couldn't even?
    I would ask for a translation please, and thank you. :P


    If you were given the task of rewriting/writing the warning label for any 3 items, what 3 items would you choose and what would their labels say?
    What things are you really, truely terrible at that you do anyway?
    What was the most thoughtful gift that you've ever been given?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxxu View Post
    I love Witcher 3. I also love they took Gwent and made their own game with it. Gwent was my jam in there. I could play that for hours.

    I've expressed interest in Star Citizen, but I think I'll wait until it become more....not in testing. It looks gorgeous and I'm excited to play it with the U.

    I'm not sure about Corgi puppies. I have a Pug though. I can always hear him sleeping through the house. It's not that it's super loud...it vibrates through the floor.
    I actually never got into Gwent, I'm not a huge fan of the side games that people play inside larger games. I was too busy killing shit in that game lol. And yes I agree about not wanting to get too into SC before it's a real game, many people are understandably like that. I've been following it's development since 2014, and think it's an interesting thing they're doing.

    I personally have a golden retriever, I said Corgi puppy to please someone on the forum!

    Quote Originally Posted by Taleri View Post
    Hiya!!

    Corgi puppies are the absolute best!!!

    Tell me a story. What was the worst experience you had as a bartender?



    I would ask for a translation please, and thank you. :P


    If you were given the task of rewriting/writing the warning label for any 3 items, what 3 items would you choose and what would their labels say?
    What things are you really, truely terrible at that you do anyway?
    What was the most thoughtful gift that you've ever been given?
    Worst experience as a bartender was a yearly function we had to do for a local rugby club. Basically 200 men's men all ordering multiple pints of bitter all at once. They weren't the most polite and didn't have any sense of order. So it was just chaos. Also, Christmas time was always hectic with work parties and such. People getting more wasted than they really should in front of their colleagues. Honestly I try not to remember too much of that time of my life. :P

    Rename products:

    Cigarettes - Death sticks
    Puppies - Walking mud and slobber factories
    Computers - Rocks we tricked into thinking (got that from Reddit, made me lol)

    Something i'm truly terrible at:

    I'm truly terrible at life in general as someone in the forum can attest. :P But I give it my best try anyway. To be honest I'm one of those avoidant personalities that won't do something if I know I'm not going to be okay at it. Maybe I need to work on that and get out more.

    Thoughtful gift:

    On my 18th birthday, my mum handed me a shoebox with a bunch of letters in them. She had gone around all my family and close family friends who had known me since I was born and asked them to write a letter to me giving me advice for the future, etc. I haven't read all of them, and I haven't read the one I got from my grandad who died a year later. I'm not sure I can, it would be too painful.

  9. #9
    what if you needed the advice?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Krishach View Post
    what if you needed the advice?
    Yeah, I'm next home at Christmas. I think I'm going to re-open the box and read it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBSlider - Copyright © DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Single Sign On provided by vBSSO