View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: App: SoullessGinger305 - Warframe, Destiny 2 (4/0)

Moriarty and SoulessGinger305 are both personal friends on mine. I feel pretty horrible about completely missing Moriarty's application, so I thought I would be a less-horrible-friend this time comment.

SoulessGinger305 is a pretty amazing guy. A great Pathfinder GM. A truly awesome dad. And one of my favorite peeps to game with.

So, to keep things rolling. Tell us your best/funniest police man officer story that involves less exploding poopie bags.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    Beastie Boys should have talked to you first! They totally would have put the colostomy bag scene in the video, and one of them would have gotten peppered with it.

Besides policin', shootin' guns and gaming, what are you into? Movies, books, gardening, sports, lion taming, live man hunting on otherwise deserted islands, heavy drinking? I have a family myself, so its all kids stuff indoors, and yard/garden stuff outside (which I hate, but sometimes I hate it less than being inside with the family). Sometimes I get to have a beer in peace.
    My hobbies outside of these topics have become somewhat more limited since I had kids. But, I have read (or tried to read) almost every fantasy series out there. I've read through The Wheel of Time series more than twice. I do love tabletop gaming. I started with AD&D and enjoyed a great many Pathfinder games until I discovered Edge of the Empire. That has been my new go-to for a while now. Fantasy Flight did an amazing job with all of those Star Wars lines and they are a blast to play. I want to like Shadowrun. I really do. But I've never had a game get out of the planning stages for those systems.

I also try to drink beer and play board games with Moriarty and The Blue Raja whenever possible. Coordinating that many dad schedules is tough, but we manage the occasional board game night as well. Moriarty introduced me to Fuller's ESB, which I will always be grateful for, it is a delightful beer. Also, that man has literally hundreds of board games in his house. It's awesome. I am unfamiliar with his sorting system for them, but I'm certain he has one. He's too German not to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
    Moriarty and SoulessGinger305 are both personal friends on mine. I feel pretty horrible about completely missing Moriarty's application, so I thought I would be a less-horrible-friend this time comment.

SoulessGinger305 is a pretty amazing guy. A great Pathfinder GM. A truly awesome dad. And one of my favorite peeps to game with.

So, to keep things rolling. Tell us your best/funniest police man officer story that involves less exploding poopie bags.
    Aw. I think the reason all of us were attracted to this group is that our schedules recently just haven't been in sync. I always have a blast playing games with you two, but it seems like none of us are interested in the same game at the same time.

Why do you want to limit my stories to no poop? Do you have any idea how many involve poop one way or another? Ok, fine. So here's another Hollywood stereotype that doesn't survive the real world: prostitutes are insanely gross. Pretty Woman is one of the greatest lies ever committed to film. So we get a call about a guy that's been stabbed. I am two weeks out of the academy and my field training officer tells me, "I know who works that corner, I bet we can find who stabbed him." He directs me to a block nearby and there's a woman walking around with a gym bag on her back that's literally dripping blood. We stop her and find the knife. We arrest her and put her in the back of our car.

Then she starts hitting her head on the partition. She knows how to work the system and she knows that if she's hurt, she's going to the hospital, not jail. So we grab her to keep her from hurting herself and she doesn't like that. So she starts spitting. We clear out of the car at that point. One of my academy buddies arrives with his training officer at that point. He opens the door and opens his mouth, clearly intending to tell her to quit spitting, when she spits directly into his mouth. He shuts the door and immediately dry heaves. We take her down to the jail and he's begging the deputies for Listerine. No one has any, but they do have a first aid kit. So I found him gargling rubbing alcohol at the jail sink.

So I had some unexpected free time last night. I got mumble installed and set up. At least, I think I did, I wasn't able to test it. I wasn't able to find anyone online in Warframe last night to get the mumble password from. Who should I pm for that?

I anticipate being able to play for a while tonight (8pm or so) and hope to get to meet some of you then.

SoullessGinger305 was able to get his Mumble working. He hung out with us last night and is pretty open and easy to talk to. I look forward to gaming with him in the future!

Blog Entries
    Roxxu, did you think he sounded SEXY at all? Not that it matters. But I just like to know, you know?

I miss table top gaming, it used to be a huge part of my life before the homecoming queen gave me a makeover and made me too cool for school in a montage sequence set to Eye of The Tiger. I got out of D&D around 1990 or so, and then mostly concentrated on home brewed campaigns using GURPS. Played some occasional 3.5. D&D got a bit rules dense for me, now all I want is simplicity and a good plot. And the occasional epic battle in which you accidentally destroy half your party with a well intentioned but poorly through out idea. Have your kids shown any interest?

Roxxu, did you think he sounded SEXY at all? Not that it matters. But I just like to know, you know?
    I was wondering if he would be like a gruff guy who could choke you out with his giant hand. Not even close! Maybe he can handcuff you for science?

home movies or metalocalypse? (hint: there can be only one)
    Steam: Peenu | PSN: Pinchfist | Battle.net: Epistemology#1338 | UPlay: Pinchfist | Origin: Pinchfisty | Epic Games: Peenu

I miss table top gaming, it used to be a huge part of my life before the homecoming queen gave me a makeover and made me too cool for school in a montage sequence set to Eye of The Tiger. I got out of D&D around 1990 or so, and then mostly concentrated on home brewed campaigns using GURPS. Played some occasional 3.5. D&D got a bit rules dense for me, now all I want is simplicity and a good plot. And the occasional epic battle in which you accidentally destroy half your party with a well intentioned but poorly through out idea. Have your kids shown any interest?
    The simplicity is one reason I particularly like Edge of the Empire. If a Star Wards tabletop appeals to you at all, I highly recommend it. My oldest is 3 so while they are always interested in what I'm doing, rules are a bit beyond them for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Peenu View Post
    home movies or metalocalypse? (hint: there can be only one)
    Man, that's tough. I enjoyed both. But I have to say Home Movies. The Curse Jar episode was amazing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast