View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: SoullessGinger305 - Warframe, Destiny 2 (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Warframe, Destiny 2

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    SoullessGinger305

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    Moriarty, TheBlueRaja

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    Several years ago, I went on a rafting trip with my wife and some of our friends. The day before we are killing time and decide to take a trip tubing down a nearby waterway. We see people getting off the river and loading up into their cars as we board the bus to the drop off point. None of them seem to be speaking, which is odd but we didn't question it at the time. The guide is super helpful, "Hey, there's no time limit here. I see you brought a cooler. So take a break, drink some beer, whatever. The river brings you back to the parking lot here, so no rush."

We are all very appreciative of the guide and get out at the drop off point. "Just follow the trail down the water, it's only a few yards," he helpfully tells us before driving away. The trail is considerably more than a few yards and I'm lugging the cooler full of sandwiches and beer. One of my friends, who is prone to exaggerating, gets to the water first. He puts his tube in and looks at me. "Oh my god, this water is freezing!"

I have little patience left after carrying this cooler down a hiking trail, so I give him a stern look, "Mike, get your pansy ass into the water." He glares at me for a moment, and Mike, who is from a much cooler native climate than I am, wordlessly pushes off into the water and watches me. I put a foot into the water and laugh. It's absolutely freezing. As in, instant pins and needles level of cold. I did not understand what the word, "cold" meant until that moment.

Now this is in north Georgia in May. Which means its pretty warm outside, but if you're familiar with the area at all, you'll know that there are a huge number of lochs and damns on the waterways. Apparently, they JUST released one before we put in, so the place was flooded with freezing, fast moving water.

We all get in and instantly regret that we didn't just wait for the bus to come back. It's so cold that you can't even paddle for more than a few strokes before your arms go numb with cold. I've got my tube and the tube for the cooler and I am constantly throwing beers to people, and we are drinking in the hopes of forgetting how cold we are in our bathing suits. The only saving grace is that the water is moving relatively quickly and it's pushing us to the end at a pretty good pace.

We suffer through an hour of half-assed paddling in freezing water while chugging crappy beer before we get to the end. When we get out the guide is all smiles, "Boy, you folks went quick!" We ignored him to get to our towels and the heaters inside our cars. As we are walking through the parking lot, my wife looks at the other people waiting to get on the bus.

"Shouldn't we warn them?" she asked me. I thought back to the people who watched us board the bus.

"Fuck 'em! Nobody warned us!"

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest job I've ever had is my current one. I'm a night shift police supervisor. I've met a huge number of people and gotten to do a lot of good for my community. I also get to teach at our academy and am a firearms instructor. It is without a doubt both a huge responsibility and an absolute joy the majority of the time.

The worst job I ever had was working on a oil platform. It is intense labor and when your clothes get stained with crude they get insanely hot. Additionally, I had some personal issues at the time that made the job even worse and I quit when I injured my knee on the platform. I would not do that job again for any amount of money.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Damn, this is a tough one. Only three? Can I lump the Mass Effect series together? I absolutely loved Commander Shepard's journey and have lost count of the times I've played through all three with a single character.

Final Fantasy VII has to go in there. I know! I know! Welcome to Trite City, population: me. It was my first RPG though and has a special place for me.

Only one left! Crap. Mario Kart 64. I have never wanted to slap my friends or had more fun with a multiplayer game than that.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    I had a past supervisor, now a peer that was simply unable to see past his own ego. His constant disregard for other people got under my skin in a way that is difficult to describe. I think it's because it is so contrary to my own nature.

You know how you get to dislike a person to the extent than their mere existence bothers you? He would be sitting in corner by himself and I couldn't help but think, "Well. There he is. Sitting over there. Breathing. Like he owns the fucking place."

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I'll tell you several! I'm a dad. I have two domestic terrorists that live in my house (my wife doesn't think that joke is funny...). I also have two long-haired daschunds which are quite possibly the two cuddliest creatures on the planet. I'm also an armorer for my department which means I've got some extensive experience as a gunsmith.

I also have ADHD and a boatload of traumatic experiences that come along with my profession. We've all got our burdens, but as someone who's helped rape victims, I have absolutely no patience for rape jokes. Fair warning.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    First, because you all come highly recommended by two of my friends. They're good people and they tell me that you all are good people. I've looked through your accepted and rejected applications and I tend to agree. It seems like you all do a pretty good job of weeding out the shitbirds.

Second, because your attitude seems to match mine concerning gaming. I poopsocked my way through WoW and that part of my life is over. I simply don't have time for it any more even if I had the desire to do so. I enjoy playing with my friends whenever I can these days.

And last, because you all span more than one game. I'm super tired of picking up a game that I don't have friends playing and trying to find a guild. It's a hit or miss process that more often than not, leaves me feeling frustrated with the social aspects of the game. That's not the way I want to spend my free time.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    I definitely have irregular play times and frequent 60-70 hour weeks at work. That doesn't seem like an issue based on what I've read, but I just wanted to make sure that there's no requirements along those lines.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A sword. Because being Link would be kind of amazing.

Blog Entries
    Hello SoullessGinger, or S-Ginge for short. You've turned in a pretty good app, I can tell you must be in law enforcement as you respond well to filling in forms.
    Are you a big city hotshot cop or a small town friendly sheriff type? Has the chief ever yelled at you to get your ass into my office, slammed the door, and then ripped you a new one while pounding on his desk because you're a maverick who thinks you can play by your own rules? Well this ain't TV Ginge, this is the real world and you can't be jumping government property vehicles over a train just to bust a punk that may or may not know where the contraband is. One more incident Ginge, and you'll be writing parking tickets until I retire! And I ain't going nowhere Ginge!

Lousy Chief is always getting in the way of real law enforcement work. Life happens in the streets, not in the office!
    LOUSY CHIEF! *throws a pile of forms across the bullpen*
    That happens, right?

As one of the two friends who said nice things about this place, I thought I'd chime in with a "This guy, he is a solid guy, he's one of my good friends, we've shared many beers and he's a worthy addition to this cross gaming guild" type post.

So um,

This guy, he is a solid guy, he's one of my good friends, we've shared many beers and he's a worthy addition to this cross gaming guild.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    Hello SoullessGinger, or S-Ginge for short. You've turned in a pretty good app, I can tell you must be in law enforcement as you respond well to filling in forms.
    This is more true than I would like to admit. I'm glad no one warned me about the amount of paperwork when I first looked at law enforcement as a career.

Are you a big city hotshot cop or a small town friendly sheriff type? Has the chief ever yelled at you to get your ass into my office, slammed the door, and then ripped you a new one while pounding on his desk because you're a maverick who thinks you can play by your own rules? Well this ain't TV Ginge, this is the real world and you can't be jumping government property vehicles over a train just to bust a punk that may or may not know where the contraband is. One more incident Ginge, and you'll be writing parking tickets until I retire! And I ain't going nowhere Ginge!

Lousy Chief is always getting in the way of real law enforcement work. Life happens in the streets, not in the office!
    LOUSY CHIEF! *throws a pile of forms across the bullpen*
    That happens, right?
    Sadly, as most things on TV it does not. My first department was a larger city department. The fact that the chief didn't know my name was a huge positive. My current department is about 100 sworn officers, and I'm responsible for about 5-10 of them on any given day. That 90's movie dynamic is completely foreign to me. However! I have been the recipient of some epic ass-chewings. Old police lieutenants are not to be fucked with. Here's a line from one of the worst: "Soulless Ginger! What part of this fucking interaction made you think I wanted you to open your fucking mouth?"

In fact this very thing is one thing my wife and I consistently disagree on. She loves cop shows. I can't fucking stand them. Because it's such a fake, weird spectacle to watch. Whereas I loved The Office. And my wife couldn't stand it. In her words, "I just lived this all week. I don't watch TV to be subjected to more of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    As one of the two friends who said nice things about this place, I thought I'd chime in with a "This guy, he is a solid guy, he's one of my good friends, we've shared many beers and he's a worthy addition to this cross gaming guild" type post.

So um,

This guy, he is a solid guy, he's one of my good friends, we've shared many beers and he's a worthy addition to this cross gaming guild.
    Honestly, the fact that you all recruited this guy speaks volumes to me. He's one of the best persons I know and I grab beers with him at every opportunity.

Oh shit 5-0! RUN! Jk!

Thank you for your service. Glad you get some time to blow off some steam.

My wife is the same about constant interaction with things. Here hatred is towards computers. She says she's on one all day so why would she want to sit down to one at night. She doesn't like games in general, and I don't really like TV, so we have our own hang out spots. Sometimes she'll come down to the man cave and watch TV just to hang out but then I have to shut up on voice comms

Hopefully Moriarty provided you with the Mumble info. If not just holler and one of us can send you info/password.

Since Destiny 2 hit PC, we have a rather large group that's doing its thing. Destiny, along with Warframe, has its own channel in Mumble. Feel free to jump in ANY channel in there and introduce yourself. You might also find people playing something you fire up once and awhile. Since member feedback on your application is what helps the Ufficers vote, feel free to let people know that you're an app and request they visit your post here.Also since you know Moriarty, you have a lot of work to dig you out of the hole he's made for you. I myself play both games, so find me in Mumble and we can do stuffs.

The only other advice I have is to make sure to re-visit your application often. This is a great way for others who don't game with you to interact. We all want too get to know you better through this process. Process...paperwork...like a police officer amirite?

Blog Entries
    Damn, I was hoping that your life was basically the Beastie Boys' Sabotage video. Now I have to think about this whole thing differently. Give me a minute to re-calibrate back to the non-fantasy world...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxu View Post
    Hopefully Moriarty provided you with the Mumble info. If not just holler and one of us can send you info/password.

Since Destiny 2 hit PC, we have a rather large group that's doing its thing. Destiny, along with Warframe, has its own channel in Mumble. Feel free to jump in ANY channel in there and introduce yourself. You might also find people playing something you fire up once and awhile. Since member feedback on your application is what helps the Ufficers vote, feel free to let people know that you're an app and request they visit your post here.Also since you know Moriarty, you have a lot of work to dig you out of the hole he's made for you. I myself play both games, so find me in Mumble and we can do stuffs.

The only other advice I have is to make sure to re-visit your application often. This is a great way for others who don't game with you to interact. We all want too get to know you better through this process. Process...paperwork...like a police officer amirite?
    I'm hoping to get Mumble squared away and meet more of you fine folks on Sunday. Also, I need to grind some credits. Everything in Warframe costs credits! I accidentally burned through most of mine buying blueprints... Failing that it might be middle of next week before I can get some free time.

I'll definitely be checking back in on my application, but like my play times, my post times will be odd and frequently in the early morning.

Damn, I was hoping that your life was basically the Beastie Boys' Sabotage video. Now I have to think about this whole thing differently. Give me a minute to re-calibrate back to the non-fantasy world...
    I can't decide if it would be awesome of terrifying to live that music video... The paperwork alone for any one of those scenes. /shudder

To be fair, the job does resemble television occasionally, but only in really gross ways. Like this one time, a woman got super pissed at her husband and broke a plate of spaghetti over his head. The neighbors call and we arrest her on domestic violence charges. The only problem is that she doesn't want to go to jail and she's got a colostomy bag. So she decides to fight us and of course the bag pops off. Liquid shit gets EVERYWHERE, and we have to take her to the hospital to check her port for damage. I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but when that port isn't covered, it just sort of... belches out shit periodically. Literally. It is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my entire life and I've had liquid dead guy in my boots.

Blog Entries
    Beastie Boys should have talked to you first! They totally would have put the colostomy bag scene in the video, and one of them would have gotten peppered with it.

Besides policin', shootin' guns and gaming, what are you into? Movies, books, gardening, sports, lion taming, live man hunting on otherwise deserted islands, heavy drinking? I have a family myself, so its all kids stuff indoors, and yard/garden stuff outside (which I hate, but sometimes I hate it less than being inside with the family). Sometimes I get to have a beer in peace.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast