View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: App: Suspicious Stain - NWO (0/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    NWO

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Tender Situation@justwanttoplayz

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    not yet

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    There I was, 18 and wanting to see the world away from the protection of home. So, I did what everyone else would do. I packed all of my belongings, threw them into an old army chest that I stole from my step father, tied them to the roof of an old cop car I bought in an auction and headed from Texas to Louisiana in the hopes of funding my trip by selling 1 pound of shrooms at Marti Gras.

It was a fun time.

Long story short: Sold drugs, got hit on a lot, had all of my stuff stolen by street kids then given back to me by the same kids, Stayed in a hostel where I took a shower with used syringes all over the floor, Got stopped after crossing the border by drug enforcement agents and had a bounty hunter called on me.

Fun and stupid.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I worked at a design firm doing art work for some of their online clients. (I got to play video games and draw all day.)

The worst: I was a secretary for a local realtor. He was the most arrogant, uneducated…God wasted a good asshole when he/she put teeth in his mouth.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Final Fantasy 7 & 8: cuz FINAL FANTASY 7 & 8 !!! Oh and tactics.

Age of Mythology: (I find it aggressively lethargic, like popping zits)

Torment: (It was one of the first games where the writing made the game. The main character could have been made of poo and I would have overlooked it.)

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    This guy named Gumby. No joke. I never got his real name. He was so proud that he could suck his own dick and felt the need to show everyone he met. That wasn’t the annoying part. He just never stopped talking about what was happening around him. “The light just turned green” … “we’re driving in a blue car.” … “Hey everyone! I can suck my own dick.” And so on.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    Something cool… I have had a wide range of life experience so far. Grew up being the whitest kid in school until I got into high school and became the darkest kid in school. I got to be the most hated person in school and the most popular in another.I was paralyzed at a young age. (long story. Interesting perspective change). I’m an artist. Umm. I’ve traveled a lot.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I was looking for a guild to join and found U. Started reading and wanted to know more. I don’t just want to grind. I want to meet new people, possible make some friends and have a good time.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    I will have many. For now I’d just like to get into a game and see if you’re the type of people I’d like to be around.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A bag of chocolate, a fuzzy animal (familiar) and a magical piece of paper that says the most interesting thing the reader has ever read.

Hi Stain,

Welcome to the application process. To join us in Neverwinter, you should join our custom chat channel in game, by typing /channel_join uey. Once you're in the channel, tell everyone you're a new applicant, and request a guild invite. Any member can hook you up. After that, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster (hit G, then click ther roster tab and member comments are in the right-most column), set up the guild boons and get to know people. In addition to the game, it's important to stay active here in your forum application, so our whole community can get to know you. It takes 4 yes votes for acceptance and 3 no votes for rejection. The votes that count will come from leadership members with golden, green or purple names. While we do require some activity during the app process, we have no activity requirements at all afterward.

See you in game.

Blog Entries
    Hello Suspicious Stain,
    Thanks for you app - it seems that your life story has the right mix of success, failure, and youthful impetuousness so far. It bodes well, a lot like a few of us around here.
    I mean, not me - my upbringing was all charming rainbow unicorn meadows and cheerful ice cream trucks not driven by rape clowns. At least that's how I choose to remember it and my therapist says we will never have a breakthrough at this rate and here are more pills.

What are you into, outside of gaming? Film, music, books, sports, popped collar drift racing, large game taxidermy? I see you are an artist, what mediums do you work in and what styles/subjects do you gravitate to? Is visual art still a relevant tool for observing and criticizing modern life, or is it just neato things for people to look at?
    I used to have a life, but family went and got in the way of that; now it's all mowing the lawn by day and stepping on Legos in the dark of the night. Sharp painful Legos. What is your nemesis of the day?

Enjoy your hopefully lazy Sunday. ChefB

Haha! I had a feeling that this app might bring Chef B. around.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    Hello Suspicious Stain,
    Thanks for you app - it seems that your life story has the right mix of success, failure, and youthful impetuousness so far. It bodes well, a lot like a few of us around here.
    I mean, not me - my upbringing was all charming rainbow unicorn meadows and cheerful ice cream trucks not driven by rape clowns. At least that's how I choose to remember it and my therapist says we will never have a breakthrough at this rate and here are more pills.

What are you into, outside of gaming? Film, music, books, sports, popped collar drift racing, large game taxidermy? I see you are an artist, what mediums do you work in and what styles/subjects do you gravitate to? Is visual art still a relevant tool for observing and criticizing modern life, or is it just neato things for people to look at?
    I used to have a life, but family went and got in the way of that; now it's all mowing the lawn by day and stepping on Legos in the dark of the night. Sharp painful Legos. What is your nemesis of the day?

Enjoy your hopefully lazy Sunday. ChefB
    LMAO.

You made water shoot out of my nose. Thank you for that.

I’ve been working with charcoal lately, but I find most mediums fun. I’m into Realism/surrealism ie. HR Giger, Di Vinci, Jim Henson…I have a list somewhere. I think there are much better ways for people to express/criticize modern life (words work wonders) see what I did there? I use art to help me describe how I see the world when words fail me, and so that people can see something neat to look at. It’s also a great ice breaker. I suppose I can be intimidating when people meet me. People say I look angry all the time. I’m not! That’s just my face.

Other than fine art and video games…There’s so much that I’m into. I like running my own experiments on people. Like rubbing myself down in peanut butter while wearing a clown mask. To see how people react under pressure. I love nature shows (David Attenborough has the best job ever), I like to hike. Really any excuse to get out of the house. “Would you like to know more?” movie reference. Most of my activities revolve around the observation of the natural world.

My nemesis of the day…where do I start? I suppose the biggest marsupial in the room is health. I’m not very healthy. I’ve had and still have an extensive list of medical issues. I’m partially paralyzed, have kidney issues, brain tumor, just got over cancer, and I got a paper cut the other day…it really smarts. I hate to leave it on such a down note, so here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2CTVqt2wxU You’re welcome.

How do you add an application to your favorites list?

Blog Entries
    Well Stain you are no stranger to medical hardship, so the Unrepentant application process and initiation should be a cake walk. Both phases pretty much alternate between punishing tests of skill, knowledge and stamina, and midnight rides in my windowless "free candy" van.

Also there are forms to fill out and lines to wait in.

The main difference between applying and initiation? Extra van time and scented candles. Free scented candles.

Have you been able to connect with Unrepentant in NWO yet? I believe you jump in our chat with: /channel_join Uey.
    Introduce yourself as an applicant, name drop ChefBourdain, give it 10 minutes for the laughter to subside, then someone will help you get connected up with the in game guild.

Have you posted any of your art online? Are you like, paid to do art, or not right now? It must be rad to have a talent.
    I am not known for visual art skills, unless you count stick figures running around on fire while yelling "Ow I Am On Fire" as art.

I was a fan of Salvadore Dali back when I was learning a bit about art. I liked how he could create such real reality, but also such real bizarre impossible stuff. I do not care for Monet, except on greeting cards. Da Vinci was pretty awesome, imagine what someone like that could do in today's world, with Apple's resources. We would all have flying cars and telepathic text messaging and healthy food that tastes good and tricorders and nanobot healing pills and teleporters. Sign me up!

Are you comfortable posting some of your art here? I am the least artistic person that I know, but I love looking at other people's stuff.

I've had a touch of bad health in the past 3 years, sorry to hear about yours. Always gets in the way of weekly raids.

What fictional character do you most relate to? It doesn't have to be gaming related. I've always related to the draft horse in Animal Farm. Every time something comes up that needs to be done at work, I just take it on myself because I figure it won't get done otherwise.
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

Hi everyone,

So i wound up in the hospital for a few days. Sorry for not responding. I don't think i'll have much time to game, but ty for your interest in me and i wish you all well. Not sure how this works, but Chef. B...I enjoyed our small conversation. if you wanna keep in touch let me know or just email me or something.

Blog Entries
    Stain, so you know there's no time limit on applications. We understand real life comes first, and sometimes (gosh darn it) real life happens in the middle of gaming community applications. You can take yourself out of play, or just let us know you won't be around much and we can all just take our sweet time with it. Or if you are hitting the snooze button on gaming, it might make sense to snooze the application as well.

Also, I hope you're on the mend! Hospitals are no fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast