View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: App: Fohmynn - Neverwinter, possibly ESO (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
    Neverwinter, possibly ESO

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Fohmynn

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
    No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I accidentally got my wife pregnant. That was dumb.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    I'm an air traffic controller. That's pretty sweet. Worst job was working in a vet clinic. Some dogs like to finger paint their cages/kennels with poop, and somebody had to clean it up.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Minecraft, because it's got so much freedom and allows creativity. Planetside 2, because it's the best shooter I've ever played, and I keep going back from time to time. Skyrim, because I love the Elder Scrolls games and it has by far my favorite setting of any game.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    The person at work who reports people because she thinks it'll make her look good to the boss. Everyone has to be on tip-toe around her, is afraid to make inappropriate jokes, etc. It's the worst.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I've been skydiving solo, rode a camel in the Sahara, drank vodka with a bunch of Russians in Ukraine, fought in Iraq, loved in Mexico, climbed mountains and been diving in the ocean.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    To be honest, "pantless drunk gaming" as a tagline sounds pretty sweet. I'm capable of all three of those things at the same time, too, which is nice.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    How you doin'?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    Sunglasses. UV rays in sunlight can be dangerous, no joke. He doesn't need his because he's safe inside a cave.

First, I'm hoping that if "Fohmynn" had a last name, it would be "Atthemouth".

Now that's that's said, I feel much better.

Welcome to the community (I think I was supposed to say that first, but whatever. I'm Pfloyd, and I do what I want)! You'll notice your name is in white; that means you're an applicant (more on this in a bit). My name is red, meaning I'm a regular member. You'll see some yellow names pop in; those are the folks you'll want to "impress". They vote on your membership. The green and purple names are above this application process thing; they're like the demigods and gods of The U.

You've started off well with the app; good info fo shizzle. I was going to post that you should "flesh it out" a bit, given the lack of a million sentences that we're used to; I changed my tune however, as the relatively short answers actually give good details, excepting the part about getting your wife pregnant. And I'm not gonna ask about that shit, man.

I'm guessing you're either currently in the military or a veteran who got out; right on, thanks for your service. I'm a Navy vet, and we have a bunch of vets and current servicemembers in our ranks. I personally never got to the Middle East or Europe, but I did drink quite a bit of vodka with some Russians in Pusan, South Korea. Did a lot of unpublishable Navy Guy stuff in a fair portion of Asia, actually. And Austrailia. And the South Pacific. Work for the VA now, as one of the people who actually WORK at the VA.

Anyway, I'm sure a NW branch officer-type will pop in here soon, but just to give you a heads up, this application process has nothing to do with how good you are at NW, what item level (or whatever the gear metric in NW is), or how many nubs you've slain in your illustrious gaming career. It's to get to know you as a person, and make sure you fit in with the rest of us. Basically, if you come off as a guy cool enough to go have a beer with, you're good. Stay active in your application, and make sure you talk it up in Mumble and in-game chat and whatnot.

To answer your question (next to last on your app), I'm fuckin' fantastic. Beer in hand, guitars next to me, a vast array of games in front of me, and a whining cat who has already eaten like 4 times since I got home underneath me, and a daughter in the living room eating dinner. Also, good call on the shades, man.

Best of luck on the app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.

Hey Fohmynn,

To join us in Neverwinter, you should join our custom chat channel in game. The command is /channel_join Uey. Once you're on the channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant and ask for a guild invite. Any member can hook you up. Once you get the invite, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so that we know who you are. After that, just hang out and get to know us.
    "My fist is getting itchy, as is my hamster." -Minsc.

Thanks for the welcome. I've joined the channel, spoke with some people, and received an invite. My forum name is in my member comment.

To answer the question, I did 6 years in the Marine Corps as a radio operator.

The reason I feel like getting pregnant was the worst decision is that I basically signed an invisible consent form to tag along and look at baby clothes, read a bunch of books about babies, have long drawn-out conversations about cribs and bouncers and jumpers and whatever else, and of course pay for it all. Kids will be fun, but I could have grown wealthy and collected scotch if I had played my cards different.

Quote Originally Posted by Fohmynn View Post
    To answer the question, I did 6 years in the Marine Corps as a radio operator.
    Ah, right on. I served on a couple of amphibs in Japan, so our second home was Okinawa. We'd go pick up the Marines, sail 'em around the Pacific for a bit, launch some Amtracks (of which at least one would always break down), then bring 'em back to the island. Good drinking buddies, those Marines.

How about a different "Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult." I can emphasize with a bad timing on a pregnancy -- mine got confirmed 18 days before my house was flooded by Katrina -- but you bounce back. How far along is your wife, or how old are your children?

You've probably got a "dammit, Carl" story or two in you? Can I hear one of those stories?

Anyone spoken/played with Fohmynn recently?

Yeah, I'm still here. I've looked at the thread a few times trying to think of a good story. My wife is a few months along, by the way, and we don't have any kids yet.

All I've got is the time I was tired out of my mind on a field op, and I picked up a drank from a 5-gallon jug of diesel fuel in the dark thinking it was water, and didn't realize until it was halfway to my mouth that the smell was wrong. Swallowed a bit of it, threw up for a couple of hours while my mouth and throat burned like hell, and provided great enjoyment for everyone around me.

I think my best "Dammit, Carl" was once at the office picnic. The Navy was training that day, and drove up in these fast boats, guns ablazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tbaGeFxeU
    We were standing around at the bar, and my co-worker asks "do you think they're firing live bullets?". I responded with "Nope. See all those people over there? They'd be a lot more dead than they normally are."

I love this coworker. Just last week he troubleshot his own problem building a system off the network. It does require both ends of the CAT 5 to be plugged into the appropriate places. He also believed us about earthquake season in Japan, and likes Dick's chicken wings better than Hooters chicken wings.

Next time you log into NW, tell the people you're a new app and to come drop a note on your app.

Quote Originally Posted by Evictora View Post
    I think my best "Dammit, Carl" was once at the office picnic. The Navy was training that day, and drove up in these fast boats, guns ablazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tbaGeFxeU
    We were standing around at the bar, and my co-worker asks "do you think they're firing live bullets?". I responded with "Nope. See all those people over there? They'd be a lot more dead than they normally are."

I love this coworker. Just last week he troubleshot his own problem building a system off the network. It does require both ends of the CAT 5 to be plugged into the appropriate places. He also believed us about earthquake season in Japan, and likes Dick's chicken wings better than Hooters chicken wings.

Next time you log into NW, tell the people you're a new app and to come drop a note on your app.
    That video was pretty fucking awesome. I was hoping to see some LCACs (hovercraft) come flying around the corner; honestly, I wasn't upset at all when they didn't appear. Also, the coxswains on those boats that pseudo-beached were badass. Almost made me miss the days when I had to vector both Marine AAVs and LCACs both to the beach.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast