View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark App: Rook (4/0)

Ark App: Rook (4/0)

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
    Ark

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Rook

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
    LordNikon

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    I was in El Salvador on orders, when myself and two buddies went to an club in a restricted part of San Salvador. We were not supposed to be there. While we were there I was approached by a guy that asked if I was from L.A.. What he was really asking was if I was a part of MS 13 from the states. MS 13 is a major player in El Salvador. We got out of there pretty quick. That was one of the more dangerous and dumb things I have done.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    The coolest job I have ever had was more of a career. I have spent 11 years and counting in the Navy Reserve. I love it, some days I hate it, but mostly I love it. I have been able to do a lot of travel and made some good money.

The worst job I have ever had was at a TJMaxx in my first semester of college. One time I was trying to pass a customer to get to my register and I squeezed past her. While doing so I said "pardon me" she threw a fit yelling that I could have said excuse me. I once handed a credit card that was so badly worn that it could not be read. I had to do it by had. I ended up tearing the card! Luckily the manager had my back on that.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Mass Effect - all 3 versions. Still waiting on 2 and 3 to come out on Xbox One. Best science fiction rpg ever. I bought an xbox in anticipation of that game.

Pokemon. One of my earliest rpgs and it still does not get old. These games came out when I was in 8th grade and have just been released.

Star Fox 64. In my opinion the best Star Fox game ever. It is still a blast to play.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    There was a guy in a degree program I was apart of for a while. He was a retired Air Force Enlisted. At first I got a long with him, but then he would say things that did not quite add up. I started to question if he was ever in the military, even though I knew he was. He was that big of a lire. I cannot stand chronic lying.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I am an E-6 in the Navy Reserve and am a unit LPO of about 30 enlisted. I never though I would have so much responsibility.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    Honestly, LordNikon talks you guys up. I am also playing on your ARK Modded server so I though I should a least put in an application. I have never been apart of a cross game/platform guild before.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    If the Ark server needs to be restarted due to mod updates, who would I message?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
    A small crystal. I have no idea what it does or why I would need it, but knowing every adventure story ever it will end up being used at some pivotal moment saving the day.

Hey Rook, and welcome to the app process. I'm not sure if LordNikon described the app process to you, so I'll go ahead and outline it for you.

Spoiler:

• Your thread's title has some numbers which help us track progress on the application.
    • If your app gets to four Yes votes (4/0), then we've all decided to be buds.
    • Three No votes (0/3) means tis just not a fit, as it were
    • The Yay/Nay votes from the yellow voting Ufficers
    • Said Ufficers rely pretty heavily on the input from the red members, so be excellent to everyone.

You can check out the applications in the accepted and rejected sections to kind of see the sort of things there are problems with, as well as the sort of things that help the process along. As I said, basically stay active when you can, and if you know that RL is going to pull you away for a couple of days, just drop a line here so that we don't think you decided to find greener pastures elsewhere.

Please either post your steam ID here or PM me if you're feeling shy. In anticipation of your start on our server, here are the server rules! The server's name is ARKTIPUS. The server is a lot of fun. We have events and community builds.

Above all else: have fun and be excellent to each other.
    We're all here to enjoy ourselves and accidents do happen. There is absolutely no harm in owning up and trying to fix it if an accident does happen. If you can't fix it right away then let the person know and work with them to fix it.

Of course, follow these always: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...unrepentantfaq
    1. If it isn't yours, don't mess with it. Get permission before you borrow, use, level, move, paint, open inventory etc. Communal mounts are the exception to this (they will have communal in their name).

One base, dino pen, taming pen and aquatic pen per person. Your base should be clearly marked with a sign saying it is yours. Any structures with no sign are liable to be bulldozed.2a. Temporary taming pens and/or beds are fine while in use, take them down after use.

3. No permanent personal mining camps on mountains or areas with a high concentration of metal/obsidian/pearls. Feel free to set one up if you're going to be doing a lot of gathering that day, but take it down when you're done.3a. The same goes for beds outside cave entrances. Take them down when you're done spelunking.

4. Stealing and griefing are not welcome. We're all adults here. Act like it.

5. If your non-U friend is playing with us then you are ultimately responsible for him or her. It is your responsibility to ensure your friend knows the rules and abides by them.

6. Do not build your base within sight of another base without permission from that base owner.
    6a. Be considerate when claiming the area around your base. Don't needlessly claim a large area.
    6b. If you wall off a natural passage or waterway in the terrain, provide an easily accessible way through with Behemoth Gates.Don't make it an inconvenience to get through or around your base.
    6c. If you are thinking of building somewhere, put up a sign. If there is no sign, it is not claimed. Blueprints for signs are available for all to use at South Base.

7. There may be PvP allowed for certain events. You will be expected to follow the PVE rule set at all times other than the described events. This also means no base raiding/destroying/animal killing/etc while the event is going on.

8. Use common sense. Just because it isn't written here doesn't give you a free pass. If you do something to try to circumvent the rules or something that keeps others from having fun, then it's against the rules.

Notes on rule 6a: Feel free to "go big", but please utilize that space. Don't wall off excessively large areas of the map or stake claims for future expansion. If you need the land, use it. But be considerate that there's only so much land on the island, and the more you claim, the less there is for other players (and especially newbies).

Now for the unofficial stuff...

How long have you been playing ARK? What is your favorite dino? What do you enjoy most about the game? What is the one thing about the game you would want changed/fixed?

Mass Effect is AWESOME. I love all the games. I own them all on disc, and had a friend give me a DL code for the original, so I have it digitally for backwards compatibility. I can't wait for the other games to be backwards compatible. Which would you say is the best of the 3?

I'm guessing based on your question about the mods that you are playing on the modded server. Sweetpea is the one who has set up that server for our members, so I would assume he would be the one to contact. You are also welcome to come hang out with us on the vanilla server.
    SOMETHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME - Please Read

Follow me on Twitter!
    Find me streaming on BEAM and Twitch!
    Check out my Youtube!
    "GTFO restarting" - Dealer-san, 2015
    Tatsukishi: We do what we must. because... we can!

Thanks for the reply.
    First my steam ID is STEAM_0:0:23516779.

Second I have been playing ARK for a couple of weeks. I tried it earlier in its early access phase, but it was to unstable for me. I only have about 144 hours into the game. My favorite dino is the Argentavis. I enjoy the utility that flight gives and the argentavis is such a bulky bird it can fight with the best of them. It is a real warhorse. As for changing the game. I would like it to have a way to manipulate the ground like Life is Feudal. Also the remove ground clutter option in the game does not remove a lot of the grass, which I wish it did.

As for Mass Effect, that is a difficult question. Each version improved on the first and had a lot to offer. The First one has amazing twists and choices and I never saw coming, but the mako exploration became monotonous. It also had the most difficult achievements. The second game improved on the first and did not disappoint at all. The 3rd was amazing until the ending. So I would have to go with the second.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Ummm.... Let's try that again... What is your steam name? For example, mine is DMIL421. If you aren't certain, open your friends list on Steam, and it shows up at the very top. If you don't want to share it here, feel free to add me and send me a PM.

I may be one of the few people that didn't mind the end of the third game. I quite liked it for that matter. We could probably talk about that all day.

Are you a fan of either Star Trek or Star Wars?

Hey rook glad to see your app great start. So where is your favorite place you have visited while in the navy

DMIL421, My steam name is Rook. There are a lot of rooks though so try this http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007299286/ I'm a big fan of both Star Wars and Star Trek. I even played both MMOs. I know a lot more lore with Star Wars though. I was into a lot of the expanded universe stuff, while I have never read a Star Trek book.

Doyler, My favorite place was Curacao in the Caribbean. We stayed in hotels right on the beach. I got to snorkel every day, and go diving when I was off.

Cool. I added you on Steam, and I'll PM the server info shortly.

Hey rook if you could only take 1 item with you to a desert island what would you take? Also what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    9/10 beers recommend Unrepentant for pantless gaming. The 10th had already been drunk.

The book Starship Troopers. I read that book whenever I am on a long trip. It always motivates me. As for the swallow, what do you mean? Is it an African or European Swallow?

Rook do you have any questions about Unrepentant you would like us to answer?