Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seeing the forum codes?

not sure what else to call them,, but i tried typing a spoiler tag earlier and when i previewed the post (and when i posted it) i just saw the command still. i didnt see the spoiler box. [spoiler] do you guys see the soiler box [/spoiler] I just see the "[.spoiler] and the [./spoiler] tags...

Also happened with the "what floats your musical boat right now" post all i see is the whole youtube tags and not an actual link to it. like this is what i see for the first post (minus the .'s)
    [.youtube:3t9kbdq2]vU13UpbBVoM[./youtube:3t9kbdq2]

Anyone know how to fix this? also is this the right spot to put this?

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith Mutiny's Avatar
    To answer the second question first: no, but I'll fix that for you.

As for the first question, it's a two parter. First, the reason a bunch of the YouTube links are broken is because there was a forum software migration somewhere in the middle of the Musical Boat thread, so all the old ones are broken. As for your spoiler tags not working, it's because the command is [SPOIL], not [spoiler].

[.SPOIL]DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S DADDY[./SPOIL]

without the periods becomes

Spoiler:
    DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S DADDY

thanks and thanks again! but

Spoiler:
    you might want to fix your text here then http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...d_faq#faq_tags because it says spoiler

Yeah, that entire section needs to be cleaned up. I think most people just use the handy buttons above the text box, though. The spoiler one looks like the Ghostbusters logo without the ghost in it.

But, yeah, Dealer has been asking for someone to fix that entire section for awhile, so maybe I'll just do it.

I think the only logical solution is this case is to change the "spoiler" icon on the toolbar to actually be the Ghostbusters logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Woohoo! I'm a special person now as well! Look out guysl... my penis is gonna be HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Meh. My hair looks dumb and I can't find sheep.

I've been meaning to fix some of the broken tags that got mangled in the last forum migration because it annoys me too, but it's been a pretty low priority.

Blog Entries
    Can we not use iframe? For embedding a Google spreadsheet it's the only option Google's help describes, and the GS /GS tags return the following error from Google Drive:

Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file existed.
    The file is there and set up for sharing, and I used every permutation of the file's URL and/or embedding code I could without success.
    Last edited by GalacticKegger; 05-20-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Considering Star Citizen? CLICK HERE to use my referral code & get bonus UEC!

Uhhhh, I think you'll have to wait for a response from Dealer on that. He very generously does most of the technical website stuff.

Blog Entries
    Awesome Mutiny. Thank you.

Also, you replied to a thread from 2015 instead of starting a new one

There are bbcode enhancements for this purpose, but I'm not even going to pretend to know the stability and security implications of those enhancements for our setup, so I'll defer to Dealer and just say "if it's a good idea, go ahead and do the thing".
    Last edited by Kiserai; 05-21-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast