Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Several new TV shows worth checking out - Lucifer, Minority Report and Blindspot!

Or skip an episode and show the others out of order?

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathonhawke View Post
    Or skip an episode and show the others out of order?
    Like a Firefly it will burn bright briefly and then be snuffed out under Fox's iron thumb...

Star Trek Discovery is also getting really good, but still not worth paying for the service.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

So just watched the season premier of HAPPY and it's either my favorite new show or the most awful thing I've seen in awhile.

Chris Meloni plays a ex cop turned down on his luck hitman who ends up paired with an imaginary cartoon flying unicorn, voiced by Patton Oswalt, names Happy. It's dark twisted and fun...the first 10-15 minutes were a little off putting but then it gets into it's groove.

Binged through episode 6 of Altered Carbon on Netflix...loving it. They did a fantastic job adapting it to TV.

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith Mutiny's Avatar
    Despite my hopes, Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams isn't great. Only about half the episodes are even worth considering watching in retrospect. Next up for me is the episode everybody thinks is great, so maybe it'll blow me away, but I'm not really excited anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutiny View Post
    Despite my hopes, Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams isn't great. Only about half the episodes are even worth considering watching in retrospect. Next up for me is the episode everybody thinks is great, so maybe it'll blow me away, but I'm not really excited anymore.
    I was very underwhelmed with Electric Dreams as well...only watched the first 4 and the best of those Crazy Diamond, was still very meh. It doesn't help that there is no thematic connection between them, which is part of what makes Black Mirror work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by huntgod View Post
    Binged through episode 6 of Altered Carbon on Netflix...loving it. They did a fantastic job adapting it to TV.
    Great. I was hoping it would be good. I will be checking it out this week.
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." - Ernest Hemingway

If you really liked the book some of the changes will probably irk you. I know they did me. But if you can separate the two Altered Carbon was a great watch.
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Rictus View Post
    If you really liked the book some of the changes will probably irk you. I know they did me. But if you can separate the two Altered Carbon was a great watch.
    Just finished season 1. I haven't read the books, but will do so now as I enjoyed the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mad2274 View Post
    Just finished season 1. I haven't read the books, but will do so now as I enjoyed the show.
    They are all very good...

Also just watched Britannia on Amazon Prime, really odd intro song choice, but was highly enjoyable, took a couple of episodes to get in to it, but was hooked by middle of episode 2.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast