Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Awesome Movies Thread!

Well I do multitask, so when I am gaming or perusing the forums, there is typically a movie or TV series running on my second monitor.
    Ha. Now that's skills. I can't watch and do other stuff. Me needz serious focusing. xD

Just binged season 1-6 of Game of Thrones, since my youngest never watched it...was fun, if a little awkward at times, she was so floored by the Hodor reveal that she didn't want to watch the show anymore :-)
    Spoiler:
    Hodor's death was sht. T.T His effing name was sht. T________T
    Last edited by Mutiny; 06-06-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tag.

The Tick on Amazon Prime Video is worth watching 100%. From what I read, there are 12 episodes in season 1, they have released 6.
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

Due to my lack of internet connection I went and rewatched some movies I hadn't in a long time.

The Losers - Jeffery Dean Morgan, Idris Elba, Chris Evans (totally the opposite of captain america too), Zoe Saldana... Amazing cast and a completely fun movie, well worth the watch.

Dredd - Great action movie and infinitely better than Judge Dredd.

John Dies at the End - Trippy movie but fun to watch. It's pretty faithful to the book too.
    Mutiny - Is it okay if I call you the artist former known as D.R., Mr. Fuentes?
    Death_Rictus - Except that would require me to be an artist... and I'm not that by even the loosest of definitions.
    Mutiny - No, you are. Your canvas is polygonal artificial intelligence-controlled cops and your paint is their blood.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death_Rictus View Post
    Due to my lack of internet connection I went and rewatched some movies I hadn't in a long time.

The Losers - Jeffery Dean Morgan, Idris Elba, Chris Evans (totally the opposite of captain america too), Zoe Saldana... Amazing cast and a completely fun movie, well worth the watch.

Dredd - Great action movie and infinitely better than Judge Dredd.

John Dies at the End - Trippy movie but fun to watch. It's pretty faithful to the book too.
    The Losers is based on a pretty good comic book, worth checking out if you enjoyed the movie.

Dredd was definitely better than Judge Dredd, but still found it kind of "meh".

John Dies at the End is based on a pretty amusing book, worth checking out along with it's sequel "This Book is Full of Spiders".

I watched LITTLE EVIL the other night, was pretty entertaining, same guy that did TUCKER AND DALE VERSUS EVIL, which is one of my favorite horror comedies. Makes me really look forward to the adaptation of GOOD OMENS that is coming soon.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Just got back from A Quiet Place, I am so mixed on this, Krasinski did a fantastic job directing, the acting is superb, cinematography solid, I just wish the writer hadn't skipped ALL his high school science classes. If you can quiet that shouting little voice in your head screaming "THIS ISN'T HOW THAT WORKS" it is a very enjoyable movie with good little scares, lots of tense dread and some very emotional and heart wrenching scenes. If, like me, you have problems getting that voice to shut up, you will ultimately be irritated that a movie that did so much right, ultimately fails to deliver something either plausible or consistent. If you have moviepass, it's worth seeing at the theater, otherwise I would wait for a streaming service to pick it up, it was enjoyable even if at times frustrating.

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith Mutiny's Avatar
    I'm behind the curve on this because I don't usually go to the theater but Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, and John Wick 2 were all great. Wick 2 leaves HBO soon so get on it if you're watching Westworld.

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith Mutiny's Avatar
    I spent every moment of the second half of Coco ugly crying.

So just watched Sorry to Bother You, with Lakeith Stanfield and Tessa Thompson and...well if you haven't see this yet, you need to watch it as soon as possible, it is so worth the 90 some odd minutes, just fucking beautifully weird movie. It was the kind of just oddball weird I was hoping to find in Slice and An Evening with Beverly Luff Lin, which are both in the bad movie thread.

Oh and voice work by David Cross and Patton Oswalt just had me in tears at times...only way I can think to describe it is...Dr. Moreau meets Kafka and has a baby with Ayn Rand.

The Princess Bride. Not sure where else to post this so I'm posting it here.

Someone live tweeted watching it for the first time. It is an experience to relive memories by...and currently trending in Canada.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...754466817.html

I fondly remember seeing Princess Bride for the first time back in the summer of 88, we rented it from a local video store, had no clue what it was about (I kind of miss those days when you could actually discover something). Me and 3 friends popped it in the VCR and were just locked in our seats for the next 90+ minutes. Was just a fantastic shared experience.

If you have not seen Once Upon a Deadpool, it's well worth the watch, it's the PG-13 recut of Deadpool 2, though it has a lot of extra content and is a treat for any Princess Bride fan.