Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spoliers not opening on android

South-Africa (Africa, but like, south...)
    Just want to draw attention to a little issue I've been having (not sure if anyone else has experienced this) but "spoilers" don't open when I click "show" on my android samsung. Don't think it's overwhelmingly important, but I figured I'd say something rather than to keep quiet.
    "I believe that if life gives you lemons, make lemonade... And find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party...
    Heck that someone is probably Nihili"

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everybody else...
    Except Nihili. He's more unique than even you."

Here's a test spoiler for anyone checking that wants to report in:

Spoiler:
    Can you see this text after hitting the spoil button. Also, spoil is a weird word after you've said it a couple of times.
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

Just tested, works for both my nexus 7 and nexus 5, both running the stock Chrome browser and Android 4.4.4

It's probably on my side, I was on shaky wifi at the time - I'll test it again tonight and if it persists I'll check if I maybe haven't updated chrome or something (for more info it was on my Galaxy S3 and I had chrome, need to check which Android I was running though).

Just tested again: still not working for me. Huh. I'm not too sure why, but it's not too much of an issue luckily and I doubt it's a website problem - probably my phone just stuffing something up.

If you're not rooted and running a custom ROM on that S3, then Samsung might have done something with Chrome. Most likely an older version, maybe? I dunno.

Are you accessing the mobile version or desktop version of the website where this is happening?

It's not just you. Spoilers don't open for me or Sovya when we use the compact version of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerboy View Post
    Are you accessing the mobile version or desktop version of the website where this is happening?
    Mobile version. I'm also not rooted, but custom ROM? Wuzzat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    It's not just you. Spoilers don't open for me or Sovya when we use the compact version of the site.
    Well at least I'm not alone

I was using the full version, so you guys found the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    Sounds like the mobile version is the issue. I would say this is a bug in the actual vbulletin software that probably won't be fixed unless vbulletin themselves fixes it and releases an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihili View Post
    Mobile version. I'm also not rooted, but custom ROM? Wuzzat?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3

Have fun, ROMS are versions of Android that can simplify Android or customize it in really awesome ways. However, there is a risk to installing these if you're not careful. I've bricked phones/tablets before because I was careless with following steps, essentially making them really expensive and useless paperweights. If you're happy with what you're using, then don't even before with them. But if you hate what Samsung has done to Android, then this is a chance to see amazing ROMS like CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android as well as really get the most power out of your phone that you can.

But for the topic at hand, you should be able to switch to the desktop version of the site just fine. The mobile version lacks a lot of feature the desktop version has, sadly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast