Thread: Public polls

I seem to remember in the past being able to set the public option under a poll, and once people voted you could mouse over the poll choices and a tooltip would show you which users had voted for that option. That doesn't appear to work for me anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

never seen anything on mouseover a poll...
    "Wo Menschen sind da menschelt's"
    "What is sickness to the body of a knight-errant?
    What matter wounds? For each time he falls he shall rise
    again... and woe to the wicked!"

There's no mouse-over option.

I just checked by making a test thread and after you've ticked the box for a poll and set the amount of poll options you have to submit the thread, and then after submission you get the poll options. One of those options is a check box to make the votes public. If you select that then you get to see who voted for what either after you've voted or by clicking the "View results" button under the poll.

To use Fen's recent app as an example: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...pp-Fen-(3-1-0)

The member approval poll at the top has two options. One is to vote, the other to view the results. The results are public, so when you view the results regardless of if you've voted it'll show you who's voted where.

Sometimes you have to click on the number of votes next to a choice to get it to show names.

What browser are you using for that to happen?

I've browsed the site on both Chrome and Firefox and never had to click anything after "View Results" to see who voted for what if I haven't voted in a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Rictus View Post
    Sometimes you have to click on the number of votes next to a choice to get it to show names.
    This is what I needed. Thanks! I must have thought it was a mouseover, but clicking the name did the trick.

Havokat, the issue with view results is that in my experience once you've voted, that option no longer appears. I was looking for a way to show the names in a poll where I've voted. DR had the trick.

Anax; this has nothing whatsoever to do with your thread topic. Just wanted to say your avatar gives me motion sickness! But it is totally awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Anax View Post
    Havokat, the issue with view results is that in my experience once you've voted, that option no longer appears.
    That's at the point where the results and who voted for what stay at the top of the thread when I've voted in a public poll.

I'm kinda curious as to why my poll experience has been so different to anyone elses...