View Poll Results: Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wildstar App: Bex (0/0/0) - Withdrawal

Wildstar App: Bex (0/0/0) - Withdrawal

Membership Application
    Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
    Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
    Wildstar

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
    Bex

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
    Not yet!

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
    It was probably more embarrassing for the guy involved, but really dumb on my part. I invited him to stay over without knowing him all THAT well. There was awkwardness over the discovery that one of his body parts could only be described as "micro," but I was willing to overlook that, and things went okay until the morning, when I woke up to discover that he had destroyed my toilet overnight and left behind a frightening amount of splatter. Also, there was an obvious skidmark on my sheets!

His car had broken down en route to my place, I needed to go to work, and I had some kind of social malfunction and allowed him to stay at my apartment unsupervised without mentioning the fact that he had basically pooped all over my home (also dumb!). Anyway, when I got back, everything had been cleaned up and he even got the mark out of the sheets somehow. To this day, I still wonder if he actually navigated the apartment community laundry room and washed the sheets or it if was a little more MacGyver than that. I couldn't look at him the same way again and had to break it off after that.

An embarrassing thing I've personally done involves the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." I had seen the beginning and parts of the middle of the movie many, many times but somehow never made it all the way to the end. As a consequence, at the advanced age of 29, I made a casual comment about driving a car backwards to take miles off the odometer. Not only that, but I thought people were just messing with me when they started laughing and saying that it doesn't work, so I went so far as to Google it in front of everyone.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
    My job isn't conventionally cool but I really like it. I work in payroll and for a long time, I was sort of embarrassed about it because it sounds so lame and boring, right up there with "tax auditor." But I decided that I'm going to own it and be proud of my profession; everyone likes to get paid, and I'm the one who orchestrates that, so I'm super important, right? The added bonus is that I get to see hilarious driver's license photos and really strange names on a daily basis. Anyway, the place I work now is laid-back and feels like a family, only not your own family where people fight and no one is talking to Aunt Kathy because she made that comment about your mom five years ago. Plus we have free food events all the time and there's usually alcohol involved.

The worst job I've had was at a movie theater. It was one of those old ones where it only had one screen and the room fit a thousand people. We had a sold-out showing of Phantom Menance where something happened to the physical film reel and one frame burned through, the movie stopped, and I thought there was going to be a riot. When it was time to clean the theater after that particular showing, someone had pooped in their popcorn bucket and thoughtfully left it behind for us. Later that day, the manager went off on a 20 minute tirade about how I didn't fill the bulk candy bins the exact way he liked them and I decided I didn't get paid enough to deal with all of that crap, literal and otherwise. Also, I seemed to always be scheduled for Wednesday nights and I was tired of missing 90210 every week.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. My interest in this game seems to lie in torturing the park visitors. I like to put all of the food stands next to an extreme roller coaster so their little faces are green when they get off and then there's a pile of barf at the ride exit. Another fun thing is to build a water slide where the rafts fly off on the corners.

Along the same lines, the Sims. I use the cheat codes to build them an extravagant mansion, but then it gets boring and I lock them in a room with a fireplace and wait for hijinks to ensue. Alternatively, there's the option of removing the ladder once they get into the pool. This is probably just how I work out real-life frustrations and not anything to be concerned about.

The other game is WoW. I started playing that game in early 2005, quit for most of BC, came back and played it like a second job during Wrath and half of Cata, then quit again. I actually found Wildstar because I had re-subbed out of boredom and people were talking in general chat about how Blizzard had boosted valor gains because Wildstar had just released. Anyway, WoW is kind of like those old jeans that don't really fit anymore but you wear them occasionally because they used to fit really well and you made some good memories there, as much as you can ever make memories in your pants.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
    It's tough to narrow it down to a single most annoying person ever! Do most people go around with mental lists like that? Most annoying person, funniest person, most unattractive person, nicest person, etc? I must be doing something wrong.

I have pet peeves but they're pretty basic like horrible table manners and being late to things. In terms of gaming, I've met some awesome female gamers but I can't stand the ones that are all "teehee I'm a girl and I have boobs so give me stuff."

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
    I have a ridiculously good memory that tends to make people think I'm smarter than I actually am. It's not photographic or anything really easily defined, it's more that random information gets stuck in my head long beyond the point where it should have been replaced by something more valuable. It's convenient for standardized tests but not a lot beyond that.

I go to school part-time along with working and playing video games, so there's not a ton of time for other hobbies, but I like to start knitting things, by which I mean that I pick out a pattern and buy yarn and begin a project that will probably never see completion. All of my unfinished items are shamefully hidden away in a storage bin so that I can work on them again "someday."

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
    I've done the cutting-edge, hardcore gaming thing, and I'm not interested in doing it again, nor do I have that much time to commit to it. In fact, I got Wildstar a week ago and am a whopping level 17 at this point and am not in any big hurry to finish leveling. It's nice to take my time and explore the game without feeling like I'm holding up someone else's progression. At the same time, not wanting to be in a serious raiding guild doesn't mean that I don't want to experience content at all. I get the feeling that you guys are going to get groups together for dungeons, raids, pvp, etc, but that it's not a
    strict time commitment, and that is exactly what I'm looking for.

I also love that you don't seem to take yourselves seriously aside from in the app forums. Something I've run across before is that casual guilds will decide to start raiding and start holding "raider meetings" which are mandatory for those interested and involve an hour of reviewing common sense items about making sure you're ready to participate. This is something that is highly undesirable to me and I suspect that you feel the same way.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
    Cake or pie? I feel very strongly about the merits of each and want to make sure I'm joining a like-minded community.

Also, while I know 18 is the required age, can you give me any idea of how the general population skews? Is it closer to 18 or a bit older? I'm in my thirties and don't want to feel like someone's mom!

And finally, please explain the decision to have the pants-wearing question as a strict yes/no. I feel like you are missing out on some valuable discussion on that subject. Personally, I feel like there is a spectrum of pants-wearing, and I find myself a little more on the no-pants end, so that's what I ended up choosing, but it feels like a lie to say that I never wear pants.

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
    No

Hi Bex, and welcome to the app process

Along the same lines, the Sims. I use the cheat codes to build them an extravagant mansion, but then it gets boring and I lock them in a room with a fireplace and wait for hijinks to ensue. Alternatively, there's the option of removing the ladder once they get into the pool. This is probably just how I work out real-life frustrations and not anything to be concerned about.
    This is hilarious. Myself and a couple of other ueys were just talking the other day about how we do the same thing (with the ladders, and the locking sims in rooms...). Alas, I don't think it will be possible to do in the new sims. Will probably still lose far too many days of life playing in though.

Cake or pie? I feel very strongly about the merits of each and want to make sure I'm joining a like-minded community.
    As a general rule, pie. Cake can be too dry or too sweet, and really hit and miss on the whole frosting thing. Pie is usually just awesome or REALLY awesome :P
    Also, while I know 18 is the required age, can you give me any idea of how the general population skews? Is it closer to 18 or a bit older? I'm in my thirties and don't want to feel like someone's mom!
    The majority of our population is 30+, though there are those who are younger (obviously).

Good luck, and looking forward to getting to know you more!

Heya Bex!

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    I go to school part-time along with working and playing video games, so there's not a ton of time for other hobbies, but I like to start knitting things, by which I mean that I pick out a pattern and buy yarn and begin a project that will probably never see completion. All of my unfinished items are shamefully hidden away in a storage bin so that I can work on them again "someday."
    What are you studying? Have pics of any of the finished items that you've knitted?

Cake. Glorious cake.

There were times in past guilds that I thought I was the oldest one of the group being in my 30's. Now, I'm 36 and I feel like I might be right in the middle.

Now some really uber serious questions for you:

Pancakes or Waffles?
    Pirates or Ninjas?
    What is your favorite color? Why?

What are you studying? Have pics of any of the finished items that you've knitted?
    I'm finally finishing up my associate's degree, in Business Management. Should be done after Summer quarter, and then it's on to working on the rest of the bachelor's.

I have a picture of a pair of socks that I actually finished! Both feet and everything! It's harder than you'd probably think to take pictures of your feet so it's a bizarre angle, but there you have it.

Now some really uber serious questions for you:

Pancakes or Waffles?
    Pirates or Ninjas?
    What is your favorite color? Why?
    Waffles! I mean, they have pockets that collect whatever deliciousness you put on top of them. Butter, syrup, strawberry stuff, etc. Yum.

Pirates, cuz rum.

Favorite color... right now I'm into yellow. It's so sunny and bright and cheerful.

Hey Bex! Welcome and thanks for putting in your app.

I used to think that driving your car in reverse made your odometer go down too, so I'm right with you there! But, I think I figured it out before I hit 20, so...

Is it just me or do you have really tiny feet? Could just be the angle. If they are, how do you cope with having such tiny feet?

Seriously awesome that you are shooting for your bachelor's degree while working at the same time. That takes a lot of time, and night classes can be painful sometimes. I remember thinking it was OK to do homework between work and class. Most of the time that didn't work out. For a business management degree, do they make you take a class where you have to write a business plan?

Don't forget to try to hook up with us in game. Look in our WildStar forum for guild info.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Temporally we skew toward mid to late 30's, psychologically we probably skew toward 10.

So you hooked up with a microphallic scat fiend...nice.

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

You still with us Bex?

What would you do if the Zombie Apocalypse suddenly happened?

Hiya, Bex

Really nice app. If you're 30, you are a mere babe in this community. I'm 54, and no where near the oldest of the community.

So, when you say the guy in your story was "micro" - he had a really tiny nose? Am I right?

Pie is the superior dessert choice. Cherry. Which, incidentally, can be used for bribes. Just saying.

Welcome to the process. Good luck going forward!

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Looks like a drive by, hasn't been back since 6/25, if you see them in game you might want to remind them to revisit the app, if it's the same on Monday, it's getting a no from me.

Awful lot of effort on the OP for a drive-by. I haven't seen in game, at least not that I recognized.