Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Unrepentant outbound e-mail and spam

Quote Originally Posted by Selonna View Post
    I just noticed this the other day as well. I got a PM that went right to spam.
    At least you are getting them. The notification mails simply don't show up at all in my gmail account, even after white-listing the entire domain. I moved my registered mail to a yahoo account and added a rule to send everything from this domain to the inbox. Let's see if that works.

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith Mutiny's Avatar
    I'm not even getting stuff in my spam folder anymore. Actually, it made resetting my password literally impossible. I eventually remembered what my password was, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikul View Post
    I believe our outbound e-mail server hosted by vudoo is now considered a spam server by many spam filters out there. I've seen an increase in reports from people trying to register to the website having problems receiving our verification e-mail, and also I've received a couple PMs recently and I normally get an e-mail alert when that happens, but I didn't and it turns out they went into my spam folder.

My registered e-mail is at yahoo, and here's what the e-mail headers were for a recent PM alert:
    X-YahooFilteredBulk: 162.213.198.122
    Received-SPF: none (domain of zeus2.vudoohosting.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
    X-Originating-IP: [162.213.198.122]
    Authentication-Results: mta1296.mail.ne1.yahoo.com from=unrepentantgaming.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=unrepentantgaming.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
    I think the X-YahooFilteredBulk header means that yahoo is saying it's spam just because of the source IP.
    I underlined the relevant portion. If I remember the little I know about email handling, that's saying that the host vudoohosting.com doesn't verify what domain your sending mail out from. It will let you send out from vudoohosting.com, but also pass email that tries to imitate legitimate sources for nefarious purposes like support@paypal.com.

Ideally they'd be restricting it to what domains they're hosting. Being open like that is a red flag to other providers and email filtering services.

I think anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutiny View Post
    I'm not even getting stuff in my spam folder anymore. Actually, it made resetting my password literally impossible. I eventually remembered what my password was, thankfully.
    I moved my registered email from gmail to yahoo and I am getting the notification mails again. Gmail was blocking them before they even got to my account.

I just want to add a hunch here - a reason why we are currently seeing a large decrease in community applications is because of this e-mail problem. A person can create an account here without verifying their e-mail address, but they are unable to apply/post until they've received that verification e-mail and clicked on a link.

When I look through recent user profiles on our site, I see a bunch of registered users that haven't submitted applications. This could be because they simply didn't want to apply, or it could be because they haven't received their verification e-mail. My hunch is more of the latter is happening now, which would be a shame.

Whose door can we knock down?

Any advancement on this topic? I miss getting notifications to my gmail.
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

Did we address this? Neverwinter has a couple recruits in game that can't get registered on the site. They aren't getting any email, nothing even in the spam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Woohoo! I'm a special person now as well! Look out guysl... my penis is gonna be HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Meh. My hair looks dumb and I can't find sheep.

Veblen finally got an email in his spam folder, but when they clicked on the link it gave them an error message.
    Last edited by Gwynn; 11-02-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: changed name to forum name

I've received no reported post emails for nearly a year; we used to get at least a few a year?
    GW2: rhael.6317
    Steam: lundmusic
    Twitch: twitch.tv/lundjames
    Twitter: twitter.com/lundjames

So The U has conceivably been losing applicants since June because of this issue and this hasn't been addressed. That's asinine.

What is this section for exactly?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast