Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Unrepentant outbound e-mail and spam

I believe our outbound e-mail server hosted by vudoo is now considered a spam server by many spam filters out there. I've seen an increase in reports from people trying to register to the website having problems receiving our verification e-mail, and also I've received a couple PMs recently and I normally get an e-mail alert when that happens, but I didn't and it turns out they went into my spam folder.

My registered e-mail is at yahoo, and here's what the e-mail headers were for a recent PM alert:

X-YahooFilteredBulk: 162.213.198.122
    Received-SPF: none (domain of zeus2.vudoohosting.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
    X-Originating-IP: [162.213.198.122]
    Authentication-Results: mta1296.mail.ne1.yahoo.com from=unrepentantgaming.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=unrepentantgaming.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
    I think the X-YahooFilteredBulk header means that yahoo is saying it's spam just because of the source IP.

So that's why I'm not getting those alerts anymore - good to know!
    The only path to where you are is the one you took.

Someone must have reported mail coming from us as spam to Yahoo.

http://news.spamcop.net/pipermail/sp...er/045711.html
    Yahoo Mail does a very good job of tracking any new spam reported by its users, and it records the sender IP address. The X-YahooFilteredBulk: IP_address line simply shows the offending emailers IP address, i.e. any sender from this address will end up in the bulk folder..
    Or possibly MX record issues

http://serverfault.com/questions/106.../106640#106640
    My bet is the lack of MX records. One other thing to consider: make sure your email server is not an open relay (allowing unauthenticated users to send mail to other users not hosted on your server). Also, might be wise to do an audit of all email going through your system... if one of your users is (knowningly or UNknowingly) sending spam through your server, you'll be skating uphill!
    However...

Checking out http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?...m&run=toolpage and clicking on blacklist check shows this:
    LISTED BARRACUDA 162.213.198.122 was listed Detail 794 109 Ignore
    LISTED CBL 162.213.198.122 was listed Detail 3494 78 Ignore
    LISTED Spamhaus ZEN 162.213.198.122 was listed Detail 794 78 Ignore
    This makes sense for people who have their own email servers or lesser-known providers that use aggressive spam blocking with the help of those above services. I can't get any more info from the above link because they require registration. Might be worth looking into to find out how to get ourselves unblacklisted from these and see if that helps.

Put a ticket in to Vudoo, the contents of Slayers post is all shawn needs to troubleshoot this.

I wonder if this is related to the fact that I haven't seen a single reported post e-mail in my Gmail account since late 2013.

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    We have notifications?

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

It looks like within the last 2 weeks, Gmail has started flagging PM notifications as Spam as well. I'm trying the old "Add Sender to your Contacts list" solution.

Is there a way to tell Google to stop blocking vudoo also?

I just noticed this the other day as well. I got a PM that went right to spam.

That could explain the lack of responses to my emails regarding FFL...

That or people just don't like me...

That must be it.

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington rhyzen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMIL421 View Post
    That could explain the lack of responses to my emails regarding FFL...

That or people just don't like me...

That must be it.
    That was exactly what happened to yours DMIL. Ah well. Didn't realize it until I saw this post.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast