Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Definitely trolling...

Definitely trolling...

So I was paying a credit card bill for my mom online and the webpage kept insisting that I supply a home phone number for her... Figuring she would have supplied the number herself if they she wanted them to have it I was going to just put in junk when I noticed on the top of the page a contact us link... So I followed it, copied out the customer support 800 number and put that in as her home phone number. Really curious how that plays out if they need to call her, or how long it takes someone to realize whose number that is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    So I was paying a credit card bill for my mom online and the webpage kept insisting that I supply a home phone number for her... Figuring she would have supplied the number herself if they she wanted them to have it I was going to just put in junk when I noticed on the top of the page a contact us link... So I followed it, copied out the customer support 800 number and put that in as her home phone number. Really curious how that plays out if they need to call her, or how long it takes someone to realize whose number that is.
    That's even better than my phone number, 123-4567.

hahahaha that my friend wins you this..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    Isn't that the same number as the president from Spaceballs?

Juvenile forum trolls grow up to become anonymous homeowners association informants
    ~Mow your grass- don't feed the trolls~

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBourdain View Post
    What? You guys don't use 867-5309?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Woohoo! I'm a special person now as well! Look out guysl... my penis is gonna be HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Meh. My hair looks dumb and I can't find sheep.

While actually not required by the credit card, the phone number is often used for anti-fraud purposes. Businesses can contact CC companies and verify the information matching the account to an extent, and can request a customer contact under suspected fraud. As credit card fraud on the internet is largely charged to the shipper, not the credit card company, they can sometimes be understandably cautious.

I worked in credit card anti-fraud for 5 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krishach View Post
    I worked in credit card anti-fraud for 5 years.
    Ha ha, Krishach! It is I, your credit card fraud arch nemesis, The Dark Ninja! For years I led you on, always a few steps ahead of you, until at I maneuvered you into Unrepentant and--at last--my trap!

Yes, taste the pain, you virtuous fool! Oh, how bitter a taste it must be to know that I was never running from you at all...but just leading you into oblivion all the while! All the while, spending other people's money.

Yes, you almost had me that one time in Calgary. If my helicopter was just 2 minutes late, I would have been at your mercy. But victorious was I, laughing like a banshee as the helicopter ascended, leaving you in a white fog of fresh powder snow and failure.

Yes, my nemesis. My worthy adversary. As the electricity crackles through your feeble genitals and your world grows dark, you may take your last breaths knowing that you were bested by The Dark Ninja, the prince of credit card fraud! Fare thee well, my old pursuer. May you meet with more success in your afterlife.

Midget cat burglars, to me! Let us board the helicopter and make way to our next heist!
    Where, you may ask? Well, I feel like marking this occasion. To Calgary, pilot!

Calgary.
    ChefBourdain - the Jar Jar Binks of Unrepentant

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    Hey...how'd you get my gf's number? Dammit! Jenny's got some explaining to do!

And, Chef wins the thread
    The only path to where you are is the one you took.

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    You get points off for bringing that horrid song up within 24 hours of having discussed it previously. 50 DKP minus!