Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

I would love to have the time to get back into reading some fantasy/sci-fi books, but as I am back in College I'm re-reading books on anatomy, medications, medical lab asepsis, medical lab procedures, language of medicine, pharmacology etc......it's all review for me LOL

I have no time for big novels or heavy stuff right now, so I sneak in some Conan the Barbarian stories, Jack Vance novels and Fritz Leiber short stories if I need to get a reading fix ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by huntgod

The Codex Alera, is the name of the series and yes they are exceptional...
    I guess I had the first book in the series on my mind, Furies of Calderon.

Just finished rereading Glen Cook's Black Company series for about the 4th or 5th time.Awesome books.Not sure what I'll move onto next,may just catch up on my chess studies.Got a number of strong games going & dont want to start slipping.
    Catfight is so bad, being caught masturbating to it would actually be less embarrassing than being caught playing it.-The 15 worst PC games of all time(PC Gamer)

I'm reading this thread.

Seriously... nothing much. Kid books since my wife is about to squeeze one out in a few weeks.

My phone has a kindle on it though, currently on chapter 4 of the Legends of King Arthur. I do like the old classics sometimes.

Currently reading Steven Erikson's Malazon Book of the Fallen series - great characters, great plots, subplots, and sub-sub plots. I was reading GRRM's Ice and Fire series, but screw that fat bastage. He claimed to be finishing up his most recent novel for, oh, around five years, after claiming that it was already written - he just needed to finish a few things. Then the HBO series comes out, and on its heels, the new book. Conicidence? I think not. Anyway, that's enough GRRM hatred from me. The Malazan books are pretty good.

Also been reading a lot of "Pat the Bunny" and other kids stories - my 1 year old little girl likes it when Daddy reads to her. She's pretty friggin awesome. Did I mention screw George R R Martin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealer-san View Post
    GTFO with this bullshit, Pfloyd.
    Silentgurl: Yes, I agree you are a sad dickhole of a person =p

Quote Originally Posted by Nygoth
    Prince of the blood by Raymond Feist
    I really love Feist, the Black magician is one of my favourite books.
    The leprechauns made me do it!

I have just finished readt The Black Prism. The new Brent Weeks novel, great read, pretty original story.
    His Night angel series is some of the best fantasy i have read in years, and this is a good follow up.

The Resident Evil series by S.D. Parry and the God Slayer books. Both of which are very awesome.
    The man, the myth, the slamdancer!
    Sponsored by T.H.E.Y. (The Hearsay Experts for You) You know what THEY say.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast