Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

The Star Wars Darth Bane trilogy is my current reading endeavor, although, I am also reading a series by Michael Grant, the first one is called "Gone", then "Hunger" and two other that the titles escape me now.
    " I am number four", and the "Hunger Games" books were recent reads as well. Oh, and "The Tao of Pooh".

"I must not brony. Brony is the mind-killer. Brony is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face bronies. I will permit bronies to pass over me and around me. And when brony has gone past I will turn the flamethrower to its path. Where the brony has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."-Death_Rictus

Currently The Sword of Truth series I'm up to book 8 I believe. I'm not sure what I will read after this series but probably the Song of Ice and Fire series again or maybe the Empire series by Raymond Feist we shall see.

Blog Entries
    Working my way backwards through Kathy Reichs' [text]Bones[text] novels. Not a bad way to kill an evening or plane ride.
    Hope to pick up some more Vonnegut after I exhaust Kathy, or maybe some Clive Cussler for a bit of predictable "ass whoopin' at sea" pulp action.
    More like BRObiWanJabroni

i am also currently reading the wheel of time series to get caught up and to read a memory of the light, i had only read to book 9 previously (about 10 years ago) so i wanted to reread it before i delved into the books i haven't read before, , currently finishing book 8, and i have all the rest ready to go on my kindle for while im on vacation

I'm finally working my way through The Dark Tower series after being threatened with my life if i didnt. This is one threat to my life i am thoroughly enjoying.
    ​Thats what she said.

I'm going back through Dresden Files. My wife and I are both reading them together since we like talking about books we're reading. We just finished up Name of the Wind & Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, great series. Not sure after Dresden Files though... might go back through and read the Incarnations of Immortality series. (need a few light series before I get back into something more "epic")

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar96
    I've been stuck on Rousseau's Emile for a few months. Mainly gaming or reading comic books instead of this book. I really liked his confessions and Julie but man this one is not that much fun to read. However there is something amusing about just how horrible the parenting advice is that he gives in the book. It's also funny how strongly he encourages parents to take responsibility for their children despite convincing his wife to give up their 5 (or so) children to orphanages. Well, not really funny, but ironic I guess.
    Try Candide after you finish the Rousseau. It's an antidote. Various murder mysteries and thrillers, none from the new book shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerd
    might go back through and read the Incarnations of Immortality series. (need a few light series before I get back into something more "epic")
    I loved that series for the first 3 books, then they just got weird to me.

I just caught myself up with all the Dresden Files this summer. I loved them, hooked me in with book 1 and kept me there (even through Ghost Story). I finished The Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks this week, didn't much care for the writing style. I just started A Game of Thrones.
    We are the people our parents warned us about - Foulsoul
    My Original App.

How to link pictures in the Unrepentant forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Harplager
    might go back through and read the Incarnations of Immortality series. (need a few light series before I get back into something more "epic")

I just caught myself up with all the Dresden Files this summer. I loved them, hooked me in with book 1 and kept me there (even through Ghost Story). I finished The Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks this week, didn't much care for the writing style. I just started A Game of Thrones.
    Game of Thrones is fantastic. Loved the series... If you want something light afterwards Jim Butchers other series (which is finished) is very good too. I believe the first one is Furies of Caldara (might be spelling that last one wrong).

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds huntgod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harplager

Game of Thrones is fantastic. Loved the series... If you want something light afterwards Jim Butchers other series (which is finished) is very good too. I believe the first one is Furies of Caldara (might be spelling that last one wrong).
    The Codex Alera, is the name of the series and yes they are exceptional...

"I'd rather watch a man masturbate than watch Cricket..." - HuntGod

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast