WoW App: ^^9Poo ^^5Dolphin (0/0/10)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm former military and I've heard a lot of stories like the bar story, hell, I've seen it a few times. It's not the story that gives me the willies, it's how it's told... with a complete disconnect of what the Uey is all about: having fun, in games and forums, while showing a modicum of respect for fellow Ueys... some of whom are women.

Maybe I'm just getting old and have less tolerance than I did when I was younger, but I don't see this ending well.

It's possible the story(s) were juiced up a bit for entertainment value, which would be okay, but the amount of juice and the direction the story went says a lot. It says he thinks that is what is cool and acceptable here. I hope he's wrong.

HAH! we need rep on this forum just so that i can +1 you good sir!

I'm former military and I've heard a lot of stories like the bar story, hell, I've seen it a few times. It's not the story that gives me the willies, it's how it's told... with a complete disconnect of what the Uey is all about: having fun, in games and forums, while showing a modicum of respect for fellow Ueys... some of whom are women.
This. As a woman, it made me sick. Hell, i'm sure that if i were a man, it would make me slightly ill. I'm young, Yhor, and it was obnoxious, and irritating. I haven't looked at any of the videos, and have no plans too, but from Foul's reaction, He even moreso seems that he is not a good fit. Seems like this is apparently how he is in everyday life, and this app was not a (bad) joke. It's how Poo (.....) really sees the world. I'm gonna go ahead and put in my "No" vote officially, with the statement that it can be retracted if he shows he's anything other than what he's put across in his application.

9poo5dolphin let me ask you a question, who would win in a fight between Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate?

Dantos

Probably Deserves a Hat
Does anyone else find it odd that this comes the day after the Torak thing?

I'm sure this is all happenstance and maybe 9Poo misunderstood our vibe. I doubt there is any correlation with the timing to other situations.

Personally, I'm not feeling the positive vibes. All our our initial reactions were probably enough to make him abandon the app process. I certainly won't say we came on too strong or we shouldn't have reacted as we all did (because this is exactly how the app process is supposed to work), but Zee came here to voice some caution and I think it was a warranted statement at the time. After seeing Foul's analysis of the Youtube videos I feel that the fit might not be what the community wants or needs as a whole.

If 9Poo does come back and can walk us through his personality and opinions and we see this was an over the top attempt at being what he thought we were looking for, I'll gladly keep up the app process, otherwise it's not looking good.

48 hour rule....I doubt it will help here and honestly...I think that's a good rule of thumb for an app going badly, not for a clear and decisive abortion.

Still....every gets a chance to speak defense at a trial, so I will hold off...I am thinking that somebody will just beat me to it though.

Awe what the heck..... NO!

Last edited:

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Actually, he got FOUR No votes: Judge, Lia, Khai, and Sepoy back on page 1.

This might be a record for fastest rejection, ever. And yeah, we do have a 48-hour rule against voting, but... c'mon. There was NO way I was going to let us have a guy named "Poo Dolphin" in The U. That name itself fails of any basic standard of classiness.

This should be stickied and used as an example of how NOT to write an app.

My original post this morning was much less politely-worded and included a red no in font size 5.

Can we keep voting?

Oh thank god... i was afraid we would have to deal with this application for the full 48 hours before being able to close it... i wanted to bin it last night when I first saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom