Woo Hoo Richmond!

I'm going to Richmond tomorrow, hope it isn't a washout. Anyone else going to be there?

Let's hear it for Rowdy!

[youtube:q3q7jwa6]F-Qb4uey9Qc[/youtube:q3q7jwa6]

Wait, really? No one else here is a big enough NASCAR fan to even give me grief about my choice in drivers? BAH!

Im watching it on tv, You should of made a sign "Servio is my metal mustache hero"

I'd make fun of your choice in drivers if I weren't too busy facepalming over your choice in sports to be a fan of...

Up-side, it doesn't matter how much you drink while watching your 'Team' ... 'Compete'... you'll still have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

"LOOK SKEETER!! They're turnin' LEFT again! ... Holy crap... they're gonna turn LEFT some more! I wonder what they're gonna do NEXT!"

... incidentally, if I'm gonna watch a race, it'll be either a F1 race, or a touring car race. At least they turn right.

... incidentally, if I'm gonna watch a race, it'll be either a F1 race, or a touring car race. At least they turn right.

NASCAR turns right 2 times a year :mrgreen:

I'm with ya KK. I love speed, and cars, but really don't get the fascination of watching HOURS of cars turning in circles. Dare I say it, I'd rather wash dishes and shit. lol.

That being said, I wouldn't turn down a NASCAR driving school gift. I've only ever had a vehicle up to 130, I'd love to get closer to 200. :D

KreepyKritter said:
Meh. F1 has got to be the most boring racing I've ever seen... At least in NASCAR people overtake each other sometimes past the first lap. :p

I agree that touring cars are fun though. :D

Had a blast... As for those of you who think NASCAR is only about turning left...You are missing out. You are missing out on fueds.. Like Kurt Busch intentionally putting Johnson into the wall and vica versa. You are missing things like Harvick's teammate spinning out on purpose to set Harvick up for a well timed pit exit and a win. You are missing out on the nuances of fuel management, well timed pitstops, intricate adjustments of camber, toe, air pressure, and strategy. You are missing quite a lot if all you see are cars turning left. There is quite a lot more to it than cars turning left. I used to think NASCAR was more boring than watching my old Army roommate pick crabs off his genitals, until I discovered what lies beyond cars driving in circles. The strategies in NASCAR rival any epic Warhammer 40k battles and the driver skills rival the best cornhole players I have ever seen!

Nascar IS cars driving in circles, is strategy, is drama and ego, is brawls, is a reason for public drunkenness, is a spectacle of tattooed boobies sticking out all over the place in close vicinity to camel toe and Daisy Dukes! While it isn't exactly acceptable to go with your pants off it is expected that you can go there and let your pants down enough to show off some plumbers crack, or for the ladies to have shorts so short that the forest is showing. NASCAR is the perfect venue for tailgating too! Who has more tailgates than a bunch of rednecks? NASCAR goes quite hand in hand with the principles of U and I am embarrassed to associate with those of you who don't see the value in it.

As for #88... I'm sorry but I don't see him as much of a driver right now, he is missing something and I believe it is confidence.. His dad was an amazing driver and Jr. is riding on his name. He has an amazing amount of fan support, people want him to see him succeed and have some wins, but he just can't seem to get out of his own way. I think he should run some Nationwide races and start building his confidence up to where it used to be. When he does that, I believe he'll have an honest chance at cup races.

Oh and damnit! I had a metal mustache sign but it was too rusted out to read the lettering...

Gris said:
. The strategies in NASCAR rival any epic Warhammer 40k battles and the driver skills rival the best cornhole players I have ever seen!

HERESY!!!!!!!!

but i'm glad you had a good time, there is definitely a lot of little intricate things that build up to a win in a Nascar race.

Fhaol

Promoter
Servio said:
By the way your driver sucks, Go Jr #88
We quit airing nascar in june so has Jr won yet???

My fav is Kyle Busch but and not a big nascar fan because I have to air it :(

Fhaol

Promoter
Yea I agree we air F1 after nascar and most of the time they even race when its wet..

Loyn

The Lemon Merchant
Gris said:
Had a blast... As for those of you who think NASCAR is only about turning left...You are missing out. You are missing out on fueds.. Like Kurt Busch intentionally putting Johnson into the wall and vica versa. You are missing things like Harvick's teammate spinning out on purpose to set Harvick up for a well timed pit exit and a win. You are missing out on the nuances of fuel management, well timed pitstops, intricate adjustments of camber, toe, air pressure, and strategy. You are missing quite a lot if all you see are cars turning left. There is quite a lot more to it than cars turning left.
That's like saying baseball is exciting because of the statistics.
*ducks*

I think NASCAR is exciting because of the crashes. Yep crashes. Except for few where people die. Those suck, but are rare.

Gris said:
I used to think NASCAR was more boring than watching my old Army roommate pick crabs off his genitals
This is quite a worrisome past time. I hope to never see your scrapbook or photo journal.

Gris said:
is a spectacle of tattooed boobies sticking out all over the place in close vicinity to camel toe and Daisy Dukes! ~snip~ or for the ladies to have shorts so short that the forest is showing.
At first glance someone may think "wow, that's worthy of becoming a fan." But upon deeper thought you start to wonder, what is the actual percentage of uber hotties that you WANT to see in Daisy Dukes... compared to the ones that last had a dental visit when they were still using sippy cups.
I don't mean to imply that all of them are like that, I'm sure there are some, just as there are no doubt some hotties. I worry about the ratio though. :)
So I'm not as enticed as you might have hoped. lol

Glad you had fun though Gris

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
North of the mason dixon they are called white trash, get your racist terms straight.

huntgod said:
North of the mason dixon they are called white trash, get your racist terms straight.
There's a big difference between rednecks and white trash. Rednecks actually work hard to earn their a living and play/party just as hard. Good Ole boys work hard too but are generally more respectful towards women and the law. While white trash just populate trailer parks and provide entertainment for the rest of us via People of Walmart and Jerry Springer. (I am in no way saying all people in trailer parks are white trash)

Having been to Redskins, Ravens, and Eagles stadiums I can tell you that at least those teams tailgate parties are not a thing compared to the tailgating I have seen at the NASCAR events I have been to. There is without a doubt a different class of people and a different kind of attitude between NFL crowds and NASCAR crowds. Both are fun but I feel more at home with the NASCAR group. At least at RIR and Martinsville you get a party hard vibe mixed with a down home southern hospitality twist to it. There seems to be a lot more mutual respect among NASCAR fans, maybe because they all expect eachother to be toting guns... When's the last time you heard of fans at a NASCAR beating the fan of an opposing team nearly to death?

Top Bottom