Wildstar App: random goat (2/2/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Wildstar

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
randomgoat

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
Nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Chased down a drunk man who ran his tab at the bar and nearly ran over my friend. He got a beating in my fury (I'm not much of a fighter). That's the coolest AND dumbest thing I've done in my adult life.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The one I have now, bartending. The money is great and the people I've met are awesome. The hours are a little iffy though, my weekends are pretty much mid week.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Battlefield (franchise), Fallouts/ES Series, Dark Souls.

I'll admit though, I have a problem sticking with games for an extended period.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
This dude I work with is constantly tweaking on whatever pill mix he decided to take that day. He's completely selfish and confrontational. I have no clue why he still works there.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I lift, bro. Six days a week. Only been doing it since December 2013, but I've made some tremendous changes in that time.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Reddit seems to like you guys. Plus I know nothing about guilds. I kinda want Wildstar to stick with me as an MMO. And I think that you guys can accommodate for me.

Plus I love beer. Pants... not so much.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
In time. I'm bad at interrogation.

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
No

Hi random goat, welcome to the app process. During this time we try to get to know you as much as we can and also it's a time for you to know about us. Expect many questions from us but please do the same. We take the application process very seriously and it might just be the only thing we take as serious. Remember that you are applying to a community of gamers, your channel of applications is Wildstar but once in you are free to play many other games and enjoy anything the community has to give. This is not a guild with schedules and raids and we do not expect anything like that from you.

What we do expect from you is to stay active during this application process and to give as as many info as you can so we know who the person behind the player is.

Welcome and I hope you have a great time!

So "random goat" where did that name came from? I do see a goatee in our avatar but no goat! :)

Heya, RG - welcome to the process. Any reason for the name?

We have people who play at all times, from all time zones - so it doesn't matter when your week-end is, there will probably be others who share it.

Appended is a not about the applications process - it's the only thing we take seriously in Unrepentant - it's our way of getting to know you, and vice versa. Good luck with the app.

===================

Tattersoul’s Obligatory Welcome to the Unrepentant Applications Process Post:

Thank you for applying to Unrepentant – a multigame/multiplatform gaming community with members from all over the world. This post is intended to help you navigate through the applications process – so please take a minute and read it. I know it is a wall of text – but if you are serious about joining Unrepentant, please look it over.

You are not applying to a specific guild within a specific game. You are applying to a community that is composed of a lot of members with diverse backgrounds. We want to have a good time. We want to enjoy each other’s company and camaraderie. Every once in a while, we even want to get together and play games. Our focus is on the community, and trying to be sure that it is around long after the latest and greatest game has faded from memory. The applications process is the gateway to that community. We take it seriously – it’s pretty much the only thing we take seriously, but it’s important for you to be an active and mostly willing participant in your application. So, a few pointers:

Spoiler:

1. Take the time to fill out the questionnaire completely. This is our first chance to meet you – and bad first impressions can be very hard to overcome. We don’t need jokes, we don’t need leet gamer stories – we want stuff that lets us get to know you – and to be sure that you and Unrepentant are a good fit. We are not looking for elite gamers – we are looking for good and lasting members of the community. If you get comments about your application being thin – take them seriously and rectify the situation.

2. Your application will be voted on by the officers of the different Unrepentant branches. These people can be identified by their name color – officer names will be some color other than dark red. You need 4 YES votes to be accepted – and 2 of these MUST be from officers in the branch you are applying for. If you get 3 NO votes, your application is rejected. No application can be voted on until 48 hours have passed. Once your application is old enough for votes to be cast, you will see (0/0/0) appended to the thread title. These numbers represent the different type of votes that have been cast on your app. The first number is in-branch yes votes – you need 2-4 of these. The second number is off-branch yes votes – you need 0-2 of these. The third is no votes – 3 and the application is rejected.

3. Check your application frequently, answer questions that are posed by members of the community, and ask your own questions. If you are going to be away from the process for some reason, let us know in your app thread. We have a lot of applications – especially after a major game launch. Applications that go several days with no applicant input will be voted down due to inactivity. While the application can be put back into play – this can only happen if one of the officers that cast a NO vote decides to rescind it.

4. Get in game, and get in Mumble. You can get a provisional invite as long as you have submitted /plan on submitting an application. Most importantly – get any members of Unrepentant that you group up with to stop by your application and tell us how awesome you are. Ueys are used to that request – and member input is one of the biggest things that officers look at when assessing an application. Seriously. I cannot stress this enough. If you are only going to do 1 thing in this guide, make it this one.

5. Stop by the Thirsty Troll Tavern and introduce yourself/bribe members. We’re a big community, and a lot of the officers who might vote on your app may not be playing the game you applied for. The TTT is a public space where all of the membership who frequents the forums hang out – so get in there and say howdy.

6. Bonus points for a funny/embarrassing story that doesn’t begin with “This one time I got really drunk and……”

7. Avatar – have one. We want to see the face you choose to represent yourself within the community.

8. Go back up and read #4 again.

I know this may seem more like a job interview than a gaming app. I know it may seem like more trouble than it’s worth. Fair enough – but we’ve spent years building a community that we’re proud of, and that we want to grow with people who will be proud of it as well. So we think the applications process is worth it if it helps us achieve that goal.

Good luck!

Paging Calleana to the random goat thread. Calleana, please report to the random goat thread. Thank you.

Typically I prefer specific goats, but I guess a random one once in a while isn't too bad.

Since you're a bartender I have to assume you got jokes for days about two guys walking into a bar. Lay your best one on me!

I work for an airlines so i know about weird days off.

Were you into exercise before dec 2013 or is this something you just decided to do on a whim? What finally urged you to just do it?

Hey guys, sorry. Not used to the forums.

Nipo: It's just a stupid inside joke me and my friend had in our freshman year in HS. We made dumb videos (like any 14 year old does) and the was the name we somehow thought was hilarious. When I begged enough to get a XBL subscription that the name I chose and it just pretty much stuck.

Tattersoul: How do I make you happy?

Duhok: Calleana, are they single?

Gunnr: A giraffe and a gorilla walk into a bar. The giraffe orders leaves and the gorilla orders a stalk of celery. The bartender says "this is bullshit."
I really don't have any joke to be honest. On one of our work shirts it says "A guy walks into a bar..." and none of the other bartenders have one. You want a beer or not?!

Grimztone: My girlfriend is a flight attendant. I'm well aware haha.
My parents moved out of the state in October of last year, just after my 24th b-day. I knew I'd miss them but I didn't prepare for the extent that I would. After that, If I wasn't serving drinks, I was guzzling them. For three straight months. Once I made a trip down to their new place in Alabama for Christmas something hit me. Can't really explain what but I just started making it to the gym everyday, save for Sundays. For the month of January, I completely abstained from drinking and it helped immensely. In the 6-7 months I've been lifting I have never felt better.

So, would you rather... Have sex with a goat, and no one knows that you did it? Or NOT have sex with a goat, but everyone THINKS you did it?

And for your information, both Calleana and her goat avatar Chupacabra are single... :p

I feel like you are on the verge of greatness in this guild but not quite there. I want to know more about you. Your answers are short and witty but you could be adam sandler for all i know. Any good embarrassing story about yourself that would make us think you belong here. This is a community of gamers first and we like to know who/what we are playing with. I'm not single btw but my wife is.

Top Bottom