Wildstar App: jawbone (4/0/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Wildstar

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
SlimPickens or Girlhowdy

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No, a friend and my brother will apply

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
One that sticks out and I guess is not something I did but a situation I was in. My friend who has also applied for the guild, FreudDude, was getting married and I was a groomsman. He was giving speaches about all his groomsmen and I was last. he told nice touching stories about everybody else but for me, he decided to tell about a night I got way too drunk on gen in fromt of his whole family. It was pretty embarrassing.

I could have told all of them about the time he pissed on my parents fireplace but I just took it all in stride- he felt terrible about it and it was funny.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Best: Pizza guy- it was in college and I just gopt to drive around, listen to music and smoke. Worked with like minded people and always had cash.

Worst: HR manager- it just sucks but it supports my family

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Final Fantasy- the original. It started my love of RPG games

WoW- as long as I can play it, I am sure I will always go back to it from time to time. Just a fun game and I will always be chasing the dragon that vanilla wow was.

Tony Hawk 2- so many great memories playing that with friends all throughout college.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
A guy in college that was a topper. No matter what your story, he always did something similar but one better.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I hate applications cause I am no good at talking about myself. I guess it is cool that I am decent at cooking things over an open fire. Either BBQ or just grilling, I feel like I do a pretty good job. I am also really into music. Mostly rock based stuff but I have been to more shows than I could ever dream to count. Along with that, I invited a friend of mine to sing in a band I was in and we played together for a few years. After we stopped our thing, he formed the Black Angels and has been on Letterman and some other TV shows. You hear them on commercials all the time. I am proud that I "discovered" somebody with that kind of talent.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I saw a reddit post about you guys and I like the fact that you are a casual group but seem to know about games. I also enjoy a drink from time to time and this group seems like they would be fun to have a drink with even if it is over the net while playing a game.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What is the drink of choice in Unrepentant?

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
No

Welcome to the application process Jawbone and thank for taking the time to complete our app. As you have seen we are a pretty chilled group but we take the application seriously (it might just be the only thing we take as serious). So bare with us and remember that this process is mostly about getting to know each other more than showing mad gaming skills. We will be asking questions and feel free to ask any to us too! So with that in mind...

Worst: HR manager- it just sucks but it supports my family
Dude, tell me please you don't make every candidate draw the guy under the rain, I went through a year of work applications and that was just the worst part!

Welcome, Jawbone

There is no "preferred" drink for the U - we have threads on beer, whisky, tequila, and even the odd teetotaler running around. What is your preferred drink?

We get that the applications process can be a drag - but it is the only thing the community takes seriously, so try to bear with us as we work through it. Appended is a post to sort of give you an overview of the process. If you prefer to chat rather than type, then get in mumble and chat away. Just be sure that those you interact with drop by your app and fill us in on the awesome.

Good Luck

===========================

Tattersoul’s Obligatory Welcome to the Unrepentant Applications Process Post:

Thank you for applying to Unrepentant – a multigame/multiplatform gaming community with members from all over the world. This post is intended to help you navigate through the applications process – so please take a minute and read it. I know it is a wall of text – but if you are serious about joining Unrepentant, please look it over.

You are not applying to a specific guild within a specific game. You are applying to a community that is composed of a lot of members with diverse backgrounds. We want to have a good time. We want to enjoy each other’s company and camaraderie. Every once in a while, we even want to get together and play games. Our focus is on the community, and trying to be sure that it is around long after the latest and greatest game has faded from memory. The applications process is the gateway to that community. We take it seriously – it’s pretty much the only thing we take seriously, but it’s important for you to be an active and mostly willing participant in your application. So, a few pointers:

Spoiler:

1. Take the time to fill out the questionnaire completely. This is our first chance to meet you – and bad first impressions can be very hard to overcome. We don’t need jokes, we don’t need leet gamer stories – we want stuff that lets us get to know you – and to be sure that you and Unrepentant are a good fit. We are not looking for elite gamers – we are looking for good and lasting members of the community. If you get comments about your application being thin – take them seriously and rectify the situation.

2. Your application will be voted on by the officers of the different Unrepentant branches. These people can be identified by their name color – officer names will be some color other than dark red. You need 4 YES votes to be accepted – and 2 of these MUST be from officers in the branch you are applying for. If you get 3 NO votes, your application is rejected. No application can be voted on until 48 hours have passed. Once your application is old enough for votes to be cast, you will see (0/0/0) appended to the thread title. These numbers represent the different type of votes that have been cast on your app. The first number is in-branch yes votes – you need 2-4 of these. The second number is off-branch yes votes – you need 0-2 of these. The third is no votes – 3 and the application is rejected.

3. Check your application frequently, answer questions that are posed by members of the community, and ask your own questions. If you are going to be away from the process for some reason, let us know in your app thread. We have a lot of applications – especially after a major game launch. Applications that go several days with no applicant input will be voted down due to inactivity. While the application can be put back into play – this can only happen if one of the officers that cast a NO vote decides to rescind it.

4. Get in game, and get in Mumble. You can get a provisional invite as long as you have submitted /plan on submitting an application. Most importantly – get any members of Unrepentant that you group up with to stop by your application and tell us how awesome you are. Ueys are used to that request – and member input is one of the biggest things that officers look at when assessing an application. Seriously. I cannot stress this enough. If you are only going to do 1 thing in this guide, make it this one.

5. Stop by the Thirsty Troll Tavern and introduce yourself/bribe members. We’re a big community, and a lot of the officers who might vote on your app may not be playing the game you applied for. The TTT is a public space where all of the membership who frequents the forums hang out – so get in there and say howdy.

6. Bonus points for a funny/embarrassing story that doesn’t begin with “This one time I got really drunk and……”

7. Avatar – have one. We want to see the face you choose to represent yourself within the community.

8. Go back up and read #4 again.

I know this may seem more like a job interview than a gaming app. I know it may seem like more trouble than it’s worth. Fair enough – but we’ve spent years building a community that we’re proud of, and that we want to grow with people who will be proud of it as well. So we think the applications process is worth it if it helps us achieve that goal.

Good luck!

I think saying I hate filling out applications was a little strong. I completely understand the need and appreciate that you guys don't just spam general chat to get member numbers up; this is part of why I would like to become a member. I should have said I hate talking about myself or trying to sell myself. I hope that did not come across too whinny on my app.

I am not sure what you mean about having candidates draw the guy under the rain so I don't do that. I do disqualify anybody that parts their hair to the left though, I could never trust a left parter.

My drink of choice would be good beer. I used to homebrew a lot and seek out all kinds of beers. Now I just appreciate what I like and the company I get to drink with. Bourbon is a close second because it is generally goes better with cigars.

Cheers

It's all good, we do take this part as the most important cause we try to get to know each candidate the most. I get a feeling that by being in HR you know what we mean. We are trying to get not just somebody to play Wildstar with us but being part of our community, if one day you feel like just playing LoL for a bit you will find a Uey in there too. And that is what makes Unrepentant Unique in that way.

So I see; homebrew right? That is nice, I wish I could do that! Just by trying to get it right would get me drunk! Any great adventure you had while homebrewing? Did you gave it to friends to try? Got a picture of the label or planned any?

There really is no greater feeling than getting drunk off of something you made. I cannot think of anything crazy while home brewing off the top of my head but there is one story I like to tell any chance I get. I was part of a homebrew club and the president was a really big guy. We met up for a happy hour at a BJs brewery and sat down at a recently vacated table that had not been cleared yet. The president sat down and saw a little cup of butter. His eyes lit up like an addict about to get their fix. He spooned that butter, salted it, and was about to eat it right off the spoon but at the last minute, his little wife smacked his hand down and he looked like a puppy that got caught pissing on the carpet. Maybe you had to be there but me and my buddy still laugh about that 5 years later. Who eats somebody elses butter off a dirty table?

Me and a buddy of mine brewed a lot for a while. I was brewing 10 gallons at a time, had a keggerator with 2 taps and did some bottling. I shared with whoever would drink it and generally, they were ok beers. I am usually hard on myself when I create things so I always felt there was something wrong but people told me it was good. It was definitely fresh. My buddy now works for Karbach brewing here in Houston which is nice because he gives me beer!

I took a drinking hiatus for over a year and in that time realized that a hobby that gives you an excuse to drink every night because "I just need to see how the flavors are changing". I do have some customer beer glasses that my brother, Nystrom, gave me one year for Christmas and my other brother gave me a tap handle. I was going to call my brewery Boozehound Brewing and my avitar was my mascot. His name was Boozer.

Since I mentioned my old dog Boozer, I thought of a story I can tell about him. When he was about 2 or 3, I took him to my parents house with me for Christmas. Whenever I am at my parents on Christmas Eve, I was dragged to the christmas eve service at their church. Boozer was not invited so he stayed him with my parents 2 dogs. My brothers and I were home first and we noticed that our traditional prime rib that had been left out to thaw so it could be cooked on Christmas was on the floor. and mostly gone. I think the piece of meat was about 8 lbs worth of meat and bone when we left but when we returned there might have been 2 lbs left.

When my dad came home and we broke the news he looked like he was about to cry but he held his composure well and at this point we did nopt know if one or all the dogs were responsable but we were about to find out.

The next morning I got out of bed and picked up my hoodie off the floor and discovered that boozer had thrown up during the night and tried to buiry it with my hoodie. It stank and was huge but rather pleasant compared to the next night. The next night, I was woken by the sound of water being spilled on the carpet. I turned on my light and whatever prime rib was left in Boozers stomache after he threw up had come out the other end right infront of my door. My door opens inward so I could not open it more than a couple inches without spreading the shit more than it was. I hollered for my mom and asked her to bring me a spatula and a bag and I had to spatula the shit into a bag at 2 in the morning just be able to leave my room and god it stank. The other 2 dogs had no issues so we are pretty sure that Boozer ate the majority of that glorious piece of meat.

That was not the only time he got himself into trouble for eating too much of the wrong thing. He and my parents dogs also got into some dark baking chocolate. The first dog, didn't get any their other dog threw up some but the Boozer, he waited until we got to the emergency vet to through up and it made the whole waiting room smell like brownies. He had a rough night that night and could not settle down but he made it through that too. Crazy dog.

Pikul

Will Save For Food
Hey jawbone, welcome to our app process!

Since I mentioned my old dog Boozer, I thought of a story I can tell about him. When he was about 2 or 3, I took him to my parents house with me for Christmas. Whenever I am at my parents on Christmas Eve, I was dragged to the christmas eve service at their church. Boozer was not invited so he stayed him with my parents 2 dogs. My brothers and I were home first and we noticed that our traditional prime rib that had been left out to thaw so it could be cooked on Christmas was on the floor. and mostly gone. I think the piece of meat was about 8 lbs worth of meat and bone when we left but when we returned there might have been 2 lbs left.

When my dad came home and we broke the news he looked like he was about to cry but he held his composure well and at this point we did nopt know if one or all the dogs were responsable but we were about to find out.

The next morning I got out of bed and picked up my hoodie off the floor and discovered that boozer had thrown up during the night and tried to buiry it with my hoodie. It stank and was huge but rather pleasant compared to the next night. The next night, I was woken by the sound of water being spilled on the carpet. I turned on my light and whatever prime rib was left in Boozers stomache after he threw up had come out the other end right infront of my door. My door opens inward so I could not open it more than a couple inches without spreading the shit more than it was. I hollered for my mom and asked her to bring me a spatula and a bag and I had to spatula the shit into a bag at 2 in the morning just be able to leave my room and god it stank. The other 2 dogs had no issues so we are pretty sure that Boozer ate the majority of that glorious piece of meat.

That was not the only time he got himself into trouble for eating too much of the wrong thing. He and my parents dogs also got into some dark baking chocolate. The first dog, didn't get any their other dog threw up some but the Boozer, he waited until we got to the emergency vet to through up and it made the whole waiting room smell like brownies. He had a rough night that night and could not settle down but he made it through that too. Crazy dog.
I literally laughed out loud reading this. At first I thought you were going to talk about how after your Chrismas meal was eaten by the dogs, you went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. But your story ended up so funnily disgusting but its one of those situations where you gotta just deal with it. Poor Boozer. What is it about dogs and never knowing when to stop eating?

My friend who has also applied for the guild, FreudDude, was getting married and I was a groomsman. He was giving speaches about all his groomsmen and I was last. he told nice touching stories about everybody else but for me, he decided to tell about a night I got way too drunk on gen in fromt of his whole family. It was pretty embarrassing.

I could have told all of them about the time he pissed on my parents fireplace but I just took it all in stride- he felt terrible about it and it was funny.
Ah ha! See I'm going through these applications in order, I replied to FreudDude first and now I see the connection. So, do tell, what was the whole story he told at your wedding??

So you both are long time friends and like to game too? I assume you guys played WOW together, any other MMOs? What is it about WildStar that you like?

A pizza guy, nice. What was your most memorable pizza delivery? Damn, pizza is an amazing food. For me, I'm a big fan of thin crust pizza, not paper thin, but you know, nothing like pan pizza. If I want to eat a crap ton of bread, I'll just eat some bread. And for toppings, gotta have a meat, a couple different cheese, and my favorite topping right now is roasted red peppers. I don't know what it is about them, they make the best pizza topping. Goes with everything.

Ah ha! See I'm going through these applications in order, I replied to FreudDude first and now I see the connection. So, do tell, what was the whole story he told at your wedding??
I do not remember exactly what he said but what I remember of the night he spoke about was we were partying and drinking gin. He and I were playing a "game" where we would take a shot of gin for every song we listened to. I had been drinking before we started the game, he may have to but I think I was further along. I got really wasted and passed out on the bathroom floor. He came and woke me and tried to get me to take a shower to wash the rejected gin out of my hair but I think I told him to fuck off and just crawled in my buddies bed. Maybe he can elaborate more but I have not touched gin since.

So you both are long time friends and like to game too? I assume you guys played WOW together, any other MMOs? What is it about WildStar that you like?
We have known each other since we were probably 10 but we became friends in highschool. We played WoW, TOR and Rift together but the majority of our time has been in WoW. When I started playing WoW there was this feeling of exploration and just enjopying the game that I have not had in any other MMO until I played Wildstar. Something about it just feels brand new. I also really like how original the combat is and from what I have seen of Carbine, they have a vision for the game and atthis point they are really sticking to it. I think that is really a positive.

A pizza guy, nice. What was your most memorable pizza delivery? Damn, pizza is an amazing food. For me, I'm a big fan of thin crust pizza, not paper thin, but you know, nothing like pan pizza. If I want to eat a crap ton of bread, I'll just eat some bread. And for toppings, gotta have a meat, a couple different cheese, and my favorite topping right now is roasted red peppers. I don't know what it is about them, they make the best pizza topping. Goes with everything.
I delivered pizza in San Marcos TX which is a college town about 30 minutes south of Austin. I delivered to the lead singer of Blue October many times. He liked his medium thin crust with sausage. One delivery that sticks out was on New Years eve. I was working the evening shift and was on my last delivery. I delivered to a little town home to three guys that could not have been any different thatn each other. One reminded me of the drummer from rage against the machine, another was a guy dressed like he was going to work in an office and I dont remember the third just that I would not have picked the three of them to be hanging out if I saw them in a line up. They first asked me in for a beer but I told them I needed to get back to the shop so they said "How about a shot: so I said "ok." It was a whisky of some kind and as I was on my way out, the rage drummer gave me about a joints worth of schwag wrapped n a papper towel. It was a great way to start my new years celebrations.

I still love pizza even after working in a shop for 3 years. My favorite is a hand tossed or brick oven thin but I have a hard time picking toppings. i can appreciate a plain cheese or an everything and the kitchen sink pizza, it is all just so good!

For the record Jawbone, you remember more of that original story than I do. I just remember at my rehearsal dinner I was supposed to make a speech for all of my groomsmen...which I did not know beforehand so I was totally unprepared. Unforetunately, all of the stories about all of my friends were totally innappropriate and when you came along it was all I could think of. I was 3/4 of the way through the story when i looked up and saw the look of absolute disgust on my grandparents, aunts, uncles (all of which I never see), parents, inlaws, etc that I realized "maybe this one isn't as funny to them as it is to me..." I was probably just as embarrassed as Jaw was......

Hey man great stories! haha nothing like some butter with salt to the veins! That must be like the worst you could do to your body. Aren't always wives the ones that stop stuff like that?

Dude Boozer must have been great! I can totally see that brand working out:

I remember a dog of mine that went nuts with fire crackers. Every Christmas you would find her inside the tub waiting for it to pass.

that is an interesting bottle top! I've never seen one like it before...I've seen twist off's, I've seen pop-tops, I've seen corks...but I've never sen a metal top that came with a finger ring that you peel off! Where is that beer from? I see your profile shows Lima...you still call that home?

I found it on google haha but as for my city, yep! I do live in Perú :)

That is a crazy bottle cap. Back before my time, maybe late 70s, beer cans used to have peel off tabs but they baned them because people would just throw them on the ground and other people would get cut by them.

I tried to post a picture of the glasses with Boozehound Brewing on them but I could not figure out how to post it, do I need to put it up on imgur first or is there a way to just stick the pick right into the post?

My question to you is:

You're on a desert island with a beautiful woman or man. Would you rather...
They are top-half fish?
Or they are bottom-half fish?

I tried to post a picture of the glasses with Boozehound Brewing on them but I could not figure out how to post it, do I need to put it up on imgur first or is there a way to just stick the pick right into the post?
I think I was reading somewhere that you can't post pics in posts until you become Unrepentant...anyone confirm that?

That is a crazy bottle cap. Back before my time, maybe late 70s, beer cans used to have peel off tabs but they baned them because people would just throw them on the ground and other people would get cut by them.

haha it was a random find but yeah looks like a good idea for beer.

As for pictures you can attach them directly but I tend to use imgur cause they appear full size.

My question to you is:

You're on a desert island with a beautiful woman or man. Would you rather...
They are top-half fish?
Or they are bottom-half fish?
That is a tough call but I would have to say bottom half fish. I am sure I could find ways of getting things done without having more than the neccessary contact to get those things done.

Top Bottom