What Floats Your Musical Boat Right Now? (nsfw)

Their guitarist is lefty, so they get a bonus +69 style points for that.

Off of Sabaton's latest album, it's about Albert I of Belgium and the Battle of the Yser.

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
This is a little more metal than most of my posts, with less clean vocals. However, from those who sit near Killswitch Engage, this was an incredible groove and guitar work that I'd put near the pinnacle of the genre. But that unexpectedly came with some killer syncopation, guitar solos, Metallica-ish vocal harmony, and then back to a metal breakdown.

Hoping @rhyzen , @Tefached , @Camel, and @Waremtae can check this one out.

I feel bad I only found these guys recently.
Hell yeah, man! Thanks for the tag. New to me. Definitely got my interest. The riffs are chunky and awesome. High octane act for sure. Really like the smoothness of the chorus - you're spot on with the Killswitch call. Will be checking out more from these guys.

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
Their guitarist is lefty, so they get a bonus +69 style points for that.

Off of Sabaton's latest album, it's about Albert I of Belgium and the Battle of the Yser.
I am so shamelessly in love with this band - they have renewed a lot of my historical interest. Even have caused me to pick up a few books in the past to read more!

This one is my favorite off the new album:

This is a little more metal than most of my posts, with less clean vocals. However, from those who sit near Killswitch Engage, this was an incredible groove and guitar work that I'd put near the pinnacle of the genre. But that unexpectedly came with some killer syncopation, guitar solos, Metallica-ish vocal harmony, and then back to a metal breakdown.

Hoping @rhyzen , @Tefached , @Camel, and @Waremtae can check this one out.

MALEVOLENCE - On Broken Glass

And to cement the Metallica influence with a slow, gorgeous non-distorted with transition to distorted...

MALEVOLENCE - The Other Side.

I feel bad I only found these guys recently.
In general I like it, got a nice groovy sound without too much discordance, Kind of reminds me of slightly harder Metallica and much less insane Slipknot (both favs of mine) There online bio (possibly an older version) lists them as hardcore punk band, which they most certainly are not. I believe they may not have the most commercial success if thats the audience they were going for. So Id say not hearing about them for 10n years is forgivable. In The oldest video Ive found in their online catalog Turn to Stone released in 2013, 3 years into their career (my favorite of theirs's so far) you can hear the Jerry Cantrell influence as if he wrote it himself. Thumbs Up

I am so shamelessly in love with this band - they have renewed a lot of my historical interest. Even have caused me to pick up a few books in the past to read more!
Because of them, I'm currently on the hunt for a decent priced copy of the 1st Edition of Seven Pillars of Wisdon by T.E. Lawrence.

This one is my favorite off the new album:

The 369th was one of the absolute most badass regiments this country ever fielded. I would easily put them up there with the 38th and the Fighting 69th on my badass chart.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Repost, but still on my mind, and one of the best R&B/rap fusions I've heard... Especially when they remember the B part.

TOBi - City Blues

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
something else different:

The Sweeplings - HUSH (What a Mess)

And for something VERY different, and the most LSD cerebral... Jazz I guess? I'm not sure I can pin a genre on this; please help. The groove itself is fuckin' weird but I can't help but nod to it. Had to do the drum playthrough though.

Perihelion - Sungazer

Last edited:
Top Bottom