What Floats Your Musical Boat Right Now? (nsfw)

GalacticKegger

Cylon Hunter
Time to drop trou. This moved me to change the strings on ALL of my axes ... TY Kris. Here's the points of origin ... time to get back to what feels right.

http://galactickegger.com/tunes/Demo_Violas_Blues.mp3

http://galactickegger.com/tunes/Demo_Fun_Or_What.mp3

http://galactickegger.com/tunes/MAJUS.mp3

I play everything except for horns & woodwinds. I needed a horn section and called in a favor ... got the Blues Brothers' Tom "Bones" Malone on trombone, "Blue Lou" Lou Marini on sax, and "Mr. Fabulous" Alan Rubin on trumpet. No clue what I did to deserve it.

Ya ... feels good ...

[edit] orchetrations were synth'd using the Roland Fantom XR.

Last edited:

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
I hadn't heard Fun or What in years; still nuts. Wait you play the harmonica too?

MAJUS was pretty epic dude. Not sure what prompted the storm overlay, but it just fit. I'd love to one day get a good enough mic setup to try my hand at those vocal lines.

Last edited:

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
So I just got around to checking out Insanity's post about what we all listen to, and I've gotta say, I was surprised to see Hunt say that he's an ST fan. Got me listening to some ST at 6:30 am as a result. Here you go, Hunt.

GalacticKegger

Cylon Hunter
Old school rockers - if this doesn't give ya goose bumps ...

[edit] I donated.

Last edited:

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Kinda hard to follow that, but I'll try.

KALEO - Break My Baby (LIVE from Þrídrangar, Iceland)

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
Bloodywood - Gaddaar

It still strikes me how politically self centered I am when I read how the US is only a baby in the democratic politically-corrupt market, and the struggles in places I've yet to visit. I don't think this quite belongs in CRaP: its theme is general broken promises in democracy, but its a hard resonance with those frusterated with politics from any viewpoint. If I'm wrong I'll move it.
Yess! More Bloodywood!

Their debut album Rakshak is out now, it's so good. I've heard most of the singles already but the new stuff is absolute fire. The new single/video for Dana-Dan is fantastic. As always, they offer an incredibly powerful message - this time they are taking on sexual assault. Recommend watching this with CC/subtitles on, powerful song/message.

Love that they are unashamed to resurrect the glory days of nu-metal and fully embrace the rap elements. They add so many extra elements that make their sound so god damn unique. Love.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Yess! More Bloodywood!

Their debut album Rakshak is out now, it's so good. I've heard most of the singles already but the new stuff is absolute fire. The new single/video for Dana-Dan is fantastic. As always, they offer an incredibly powerful message - this time they are taking on sexual assault. Recommend watching this with CC/subtitles on, powerful song/message.

Love that they are unashamed to resurrect the glory days of nu-metal and fully embrace the rap elements. They add so many extra elements that make their sound so god damn unique. Love.

Actually pre-ordered Rakshak. I got a message that it was delayed until April, and then another last week saying it was in the mail :D

I think I posted it before, but these guys aren't the only guys trying to resurrect the nu-metal groove. Didn't hurt my feelings that the drummer is Mike Portnoy's son Max.

Tallah - L.E.D.

And just to post the other Bloodywood single from Rakshak, which I also quite liked. I loved the sound of the Santur, which reminded me more than a little bit of Linkin Park. I am completely unfamiliar with that flute type, and would love to know what it is. I only found a few side playing flutes when looking them up.

Bloodywood - Aaj

Been a while, but if you like dark synth and sultry female vocals with a creepy edge, look no further.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
This is a little more metal than most of my posts, with less clean vocals. However, from those who sit near Killswitch Engage, this was an incredible groove and guitar work that I'd put near the pinnacle of the genre. But that unexpectedly came with some killer syncopation, guitar solos, Metallica-ish vocal harmony, and then back to a metal breakdown.

Hoping @rhyzen , @Tefached , @Camel, and @Waremtae can check this one out.

MALEVOLENCE - On Broken Glass

And to cement the Metallica influence with a slow, gorgeous non-distorted with transition to distorted...

MALEVOLENCE - The Other Side.

I feel bad I only found these guys recently.

Top Bottom