What Floats Your Musical Boat Right Now? (nsfw)

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Been trying to sing that on a daily basis. I can hit ALMOST all those damn notes, but I can't do that low F# without using a growl. F*%k. He has a video giving a brief explanation of a growl if you want to know what I mean.

Been trying to sing that on a daily basis. I can hit ALMOST all those damn notes, but I can't do that low F# without using a growl. F*%k. He has a video giving a brief explanation of a growl if you want to know what I mean.
Check out Tim Foust from Home Free. Goes so low he breaks speakers. :)

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Check out Tim Foust from Home Free. Goes so low he breaks speakers. :)

he's one of the masters of the growl, IIRC, which as I understand it uses sub-harmonics to hit notes. That last low note I believe was a growl, though far lower than I can.

There are a ton of good acapella basso profundos out there, but off the top of my head I can't think of someone hitting a non-growl low note other than Peter Steele. At least I don't think it was a Growl, using the sub-harmonic definition.
Type O Negative - Nettie

Also Keggar ty for the teaser, it just came out!

Dream Theater - Alien

Last edited:

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Another band thats going strong for ages, but I was apparently sleeping on. Straightforward, melodic, and awesome. Kegger check the back-to-back solos.

Evergrey - Eternal Nocturnal.

Top Bottom