What Floats Your Musical Boat Right Now? (nsfw)

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
A band from a release in 2016. This would be the band I recommend if you like Dream Theater, but hate when they go on rambling tangents. Also hints of Satriani and some classic rock, with a slight hint of Polyphia. Let me know what you think. This one does make a difference if you have headphones vs speakers: the placement of the sounds is really well spaced.

Plini - Cascade

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
For the headbangers of the Metallica age.

Orbit Culture - Mute the Silent
Dude, was coming here to post this video. The song is outstanding and the video is really neat. I can't get enough of their 2020 album Nija (and also the 2021 version with this track and one extra). It's on repeat for me still. This track is no different. Feel like these guys are going places and I'm here for every second of it.

Open Eye is another incredible track if it hasn't already been included here (sorry for repost if it has):

Also, a dude I knew from one of my guitar groups a while ago. He's toured and opened for Plini or CHON and whatnot.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
All hail the resurrection of nu metal. From Hungry Lights/Covers and Mike Portnoy's kid, no less.

Tallah - L.E.D.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
my niece sent me this. I'm old, but not too old yet apparently.

Hollywood Undead - Riot

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Kegger....

Its no secret I'm a fan of Jon Gomm, and a lot of his music pieces are interesting and fun. This dropped today, and it is the most emotionally laden song I've heard from him. You almost forget its complicated, or that its not a full group... And this moved me, hard.

Jon Gomm - The Ghost Inside You

GalacticKegger

Cylon Hunter
Ya Kris ... that was almost symphonic and definitely moving. Lot of big sound from a solo performance.

There is a virtual Super Bowl after party Sunday night with many musical guests. It's been a while since I chilled to Brandi Carlile, so I went in search of and stumbled across these nuggets. These could have easily been snapshots from my life ...

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
There is a virtual Super Bowl after party Sunday night with many musical guests. It's been a while since I chilled to Brandi Carlile, so I went in search of and stumbled across these nuggets. These could have easily been snapshots from my life ...
Wow. My time with guitar around campfire was definitely worse music; they sound great with the harmonics. Nice find.

Havokist

Space Cat
Ink stumbled across this on youtube. It's a pretty solid cover, though I wish they'd continued the lyrical edits in line with that first verse.

Tiktok has inspired a bunch of sea shanties from a bit of a video craze, and this popped up last week

GalacticKegger

Cylon Hunter
Thank you Kris. Speaking of find, how 'bout some vintage Zappa at the Roxy ...

[edit] “Rock journalism is people who can’t write interviewing people who can’t talk for people who can’t read.” ~ Frank Zappa

Last edited:

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
I get it, Ronnie Radke is a polarizing character, but this re-imagined version of an earlier Falling in Reverse song combined with the video is an absolute treat. Incredible experience.

Get a pair of bass-boosted bluetooth over-the-ear headphones, turn up the bass in your OS settings, and then press play.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Get a pair of bass-boosted bluetooth over-the-ear headphones, turn up the bass in your OS settings, and then press play.
Ouch. I've got my system tuned pretty well, and that track EQ dropped out the middle. Makes the sound too sharp for me.

Another listen for keggar

Last edited:
Top Bottom