What Floats Your Musical Boat Right Now? (nsfw)

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
My oldest brought this guy to my attention...gotta say that is a look...

Krishach

Promoter
That... Was a thing.

Can I return fire at your oldest? That deserves a response...

In the mean time, here's Caligula's Horse - Slow Violence

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Hmm, anyone else having an issue where characters are missing in the text?

Krishach

Promoter
Also, that Gorrilaz song shot back better than anything I could think of. The Cure for the current generation, if you'll excuse the pun.

This was quite epic; I hope you'll give it a listen, at least through the chorus ending at 2:30

Caligula's Horse - Songs for No One

First, let me say I absolutely love the wide berth of genres covered here. My musical tastes run the gamut, so this thread is a cornucopia for me. I love that Alestorm, TON, KMFDM, Frontline Assembly, Rammstein, and Ra have been mentioned. Also, I have to give special mention to the fact that I recall seeing a reply in which one of the Batmetal videos was linked.

That said, although admittedly I didn't go through EVERY reply, the 50 or so pages I went through had no mention of nerdcore hip-hop (although Hobo Johnson is close). Allow me to rectify this situation.

Krishach

Promoter
One of the coolest grooves on an acoustic guitar. Especially check the verse groove at 0:58.

Jon Gomm - Deep Sea Fishes

GalacticKegger

Cylon Hunter
Got one for Fhaol and Keger. It played on one of my Pandora stations a little while ago and I immediately thought of y'all.

Thank you Tef. A hero and a legend here, Iz passed away in 1997 - 3 years before his version of 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' was immortalized in the movie 'Finding Forrester'. We listen to his music all the time. Our favorite song of his is 'Facing Future' ... very prescient:

Jason Becker is easily the most inspiring of all the guitar gods. Due to ALS, he has been stuck in a wheelchair for ~30 years, and even lost his ability to speak just over 20 years ago. He never let that stop him from composing music. He is, and always will be highest amongst the pantheon of guitar gods.

Krishach

Promoter
What ever drug this drummer is on, I think I need some.

Night Verses - Copper Wasp (playthrough)

He's known for crazier shit anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom