What Floats Your Musical Boat Right Now? (nsfw)

Kempers are state of the art modeling amplifiers. Basically, they have a spiffy little computer inside of them. They can essentially copy/paste other amplifiers, by playing through them with that amplifier and making a copy. They can also do this with various effects. Adding in MIDI makes it a little harder to explain, but it's easy in concept. MIDI is digital, rather than analog like a typical guitar signal. With most MIDI pickups, you basically have a single pickup per string. When sent to a computer, you can pretty much activate effects on a per string basis. This also applies to tunings. If any of that sounds interesting, look up some of Ryan Bruce and Ola Englund's videos on the Kemper, Axe FX, and Helix. Kemper is the only one capable of doing the crazy modeling stuff, but the others are also pretty badass.

Maybe an easy way to describe what it's doing is copying one of these Polyphonic Drop Tune pedals.

Krishach

Promoter
Keggerpoke

Twelve Foot Ninja - Coming For You

If you're REALLY brave, look up the music video. Its far weirder.

I rarely double post, but this came across my feed earlier, and I think the other metalheads might dig it.

Krishach

Promoter
This has ruined the internet for me. Time will tell if that was a good thing. So far... I actually think so.

Eskimo Callboy - Hypa Hypa

... WTF did I just watch?

Krishach

Promoter
Had to recover from that last video. This one is more for the classical lovers: Havokist and Kegger especially.

Greta Van Fleet - Highway Tune

I didn't realize Led Zeppelin were that young. :p

I've been trying to learn to play this for a while, but it's killing me. On paper, it's simple, but so deceptively difficult to actually play.

Krishach

Promoter
lol someone commented for that band "they swallowed Led Zeppelin whole." Also great song by Dire Straits... I remember reading that they almost didn't release the song. The band thought it was too straightforward and predictable cord progression, but their manager pushed for it.

I hadn't hear these guys until recently. Seems like an interesting wrinkle on whats almost symphonic metal. Anyone know any faster tempo songs by this guys? Found a lot of heavy epic songs with an almost metal dirge like quality, and I love the weight of her voice compared to the more common operatic singing in the genre. Hit me with more, because my youtube crawl found a lot more like this... I want to see what other things they can do.

Oceans of Slumber - A Return to the Earth Below

Let's try something a little more challenging. At least one or two videos of bands and/or artists from your home town, or within 50 miles. No going over.

Ra Ra Riot, formed about 10 minutes from me.

Ronnie James Dio, born in New Hampshire, but grew up a short drive from here.

Phish, alright this is slight a stretch, but John Fishman grew up here.

I could try stretching it further by bringin up Joe Bonamassa or Lou Reed, but while they maye have spent a lot of time or gotten a good bit of there start here, they never were a major presence around the general area as some of the others.

Krishach

Promoter
define "from your home town." Where I was born, where they were born, where they got popular, where they got signed, where I grew up, etc. It will change my answer significantly.

In the mean time, Jon Gomm put out the first new music in several years, and I'm enchanted.

Krishach

Promoter
oh dear. I won't post some of the shorter places I lived while growing up, just where I started and ended up then. The sad part is that I love half the ones that came from around here and hate the other half, irrespective of popularity and their music genre (at least it seems).

So, 50 miles.

Meat Puppets - Backwater

Jimmy Eat World - The Sweetness

Alice Cooper - School's Out

Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen.

Krishach

Promoter
Still 50

Chester Bennington - Rolling in the Deep, cover (Linkin Park)

Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy

And I'm going to blow the 50 mile mark here: he was born 53 miles away from where we settled, but its too good not to post

Charles Mingus - Moanin'

And while he wasn't up and coming or from here, RIP to Sam Moore, one of the best R&B vocalists of all time, who passed away one short drive from where I grew up this 2020.

Top Bottom