What are you reading?

What am I reading these days? "The All Guardsmen Party". An "after action report" of some dude's Warhammer 40k role playing campaign. Probably one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen.

If Audible books count then I'm going through the Monster Hunter International series. Basically modern day rednecks put together a coalition that has been a round for 100 years. They are taking on the forces of evil w/ one of their own as The Chosen One all the while trying to get along with the Government Monster Control Bureau. I highly recommend.

Damn funny stuff.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
I just started Leige Killer by Christopher Hinze and it seems familiar so I am wondering if I've actually read it before...hate when I do that.

I finally gave in and tried Robin Hobb's Farseer line of books. The first two Fitzchivalry trilogies were phenomenal, can't-put-them-down reads, the Liveships series is a bit slower so far.

Edit: To clarify, by gave in, I meant gave in to the reality that I was starting a series with roughly 16 books in total.

huntgod

Promoter
I have the Hobb books on my kindle, just haven't gotten to them.

I had read Liege Killer, so I put it down and am reading the newest Pendergast novel from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Childs, City of Endless Night, they have lost the freshness of the first books, Relic, Reliquary but I still enjoy them.

After not reading anything in years (the narcolepsy makes it REALLY easy to fall asleep after getting somewhere comfy to start reading), I have decided to give reading a try again, in small bites, in the most uncomfortable places I can think of.

So I'm rereading the The Name of the Wind. I love this book. I hate that there's no third one yet and maybe never will be. But fuck it. The book is just so good and makes me so happy when I read it.

I missed reading...

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
After not reading anything in years (the narcolepsy makes it REALLY easy to fall asleep after getting somewhere comfy to start reading), I have decided to give reading a try again, in small bites, in the most uncomfortable places I can think of.

So I'm rereading the The Name of the Wind. I love this book. I hate that there's no third one yet and maybe never will be. But fuck it. The book is just so good and makes me so happy when I read it.

I missed reading...
Have you considered audiobooks while doing something like minecraft or a mmo? I've been doing that quite a bit recently.

"Divorce Poison", but not exactly by choice. :|
Of course, it's more like reading a review of what my ex has been doing for the last 5 years, rather than any sort of self-help book...

Have you considered audiobooks while doing something like minecraft or a mmo? I've been doing that quite a bit recently.
I tried, but I gata focus on the book entirely, otherwise I just end up missing context and lines and sentences and the whole thing falls apart. Audiobooks aren't any worse than regular books. But they aren't any better either.

Still, I'm doing okay with this. I just read it in really short bursts. It's one of the reasons I chose The Name of the Wind. I had read it before (so I didn't have to worry quite as much about reading comprehension), and I knew it had very very very short chapters. Like 10-30 pages on my tiny iPhone5s screen. And that's the secret. I just read a chapter at a time in between other activities. it's working well, so I hope I can keep going.

huntgod

Promoter
I tried, but I gata focus on the book entirely, otherwise I just end up missing context and lines and sentences and the whole thing falls apart. Audiobooks aren't any worse than regular books. But they aren't any better either.

Still, I'm doing okay with this. I just read it in really short bursts. It's one of the reasons I chose The Name of the Wind. I had read it before (so I didn't have to worry quite as much about reading comprehension), and I knew it had very very very short chapters. Like 10-30 pages on my tiny iPhone5s screen. And that's the secret. I just read a chapter at a time in between other activities. it's working well, so I hope I can keep going.
There is no third one, but there is a nice little novelette that he did about Kvoth, called The Slow Regard of Silent Things.

I just finished Peter Brinks 5 book series the Demon Cycle. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a good Fantasy read. I was hooked on it and couldn't put it down. IF you are into good swords, demons, and sorcery then this series is for you.

Harplager

Promoter
I'm reading "If You Are Not First, You Are Last" by Grant Cardone. He's a sales guru and the entire book is about actions you need to take in a down market to increase your business. It's a business book, and I'm learning stuff. Now to just put it in action.

Silentgurl

Promoter
I'm reading "If You Are Not First, You Are Last" by Grant Cardone. He's a sales guru and the entire book is about actions you need to take in a down market to increase your business. It's a business book, and I'm learning stuff. Now to just put it in action.
thats cool and interesting! :)

I just finished Peter Brinks 5 book series the Demon Cycle. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a good Fantasy read. I was hooked on it and couldn't put it down. IF you are into good swords, demons, and sorcery then this series is for you.
Peter Brett? I just bought the series so hopefully it is this guy.

I am currently burning through a re-read of the Glynn Stewart Castle Federation Saga:

Stewarts Characters and handling is very Heinlein-esque, all of his stuff has made me happy. I am however totally jonesing for the next John Ringo book to come out.

The only upside to a multi-year illness. I have been burning through books at the rate of 1-3/day. lucky for me Amazon has the kindle library for like 10 bucks a month it is all you can eat.

--L

Top Bottom