What’s a TV show you used to love but not many people seem to remember?

I have several, and a few I think about more often than others.

Dead Like Me
Beakman’s World
Gargoyles
Biker Mice From Mars
Street Sharks
Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series
Pirates of the Dark Water
Bucky O'Hare
Salute Your Shorts
Tripping the Rift
Better Off Ted

There's a few more I would list, but then it would just be a list of totally mainstream shows that everyone remembers fondly and might even rewatch every now and then.

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
Taz-Mania
Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future
Candle Cove
Carnivale
Reaper
MTV's The Head

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
Jericho
Jeremiah
Red Dwarf

And I'll concur with Carnivale and Pirates of Dark Water.

Shows that I can pretty much guarantee aren't as good as I remember:
Dark Angel
Andromeda

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
I remember Dead Like Me, Tripping the Rift, Better of Ted, Carnivale, Reaper, Jericho and Dark Angel very fondly.

My additions:

Brimstone
Highlander
Brisco County Jr.
Jack of all Trades
Being Human (UK and US)
Connections 1-3 (James Burke, brilliant series)
Forever Knight
Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire
Misfits
Penn & Teller Bullshit
Stan against Evil
Thundarr the Barbarian
Young Ones

Basically just went through my plex for less mainstream stuff...

Of course in the older category, you can't forget:

Black Adder
The Thin Blue Line (another Rowan Atkinson sitcom, where he is a police Captain)
Fawlty Towers

Oh and Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes, both fantastic shows and the US version wasn't terrible.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
This is going to date me, but I watched Exo Squad as a kid and loved it. Not sure how well it would hold up, but it was one of my favs when it was airing.

Also +1 for Gargoyles.

Coupling - BBC sitcom that's still my industry standard for brilliant dialogue and absurd ideas thought all the way through. Huge and obvious influence on the later Friends or How I met your Mother. Edit: I see that Friends actually predates Coupling, I had remembered it the other way around. Oh well, Steven Moffat's masterpiece is in a class of its own, obviously distorting temporal perception ;-)

Spaced - early Simon Pegg sitcom, it's been a few years but I still remember the season one finale show to both thoroughly baffle and entertain me.

Dead Set - Zombie mini series by Charlie Brooker (Black Mirror). The zombie apocalypse is happening - but will the contestants in the British Big Brother house even notice they're not the center of attention any more? The biting media satire one expects from Charlie and a damn well made little drama in its own right.

Last edited:
Wizards and warriors way back in the 80s or chuck wagner in Automan was always on my wooden CRT tv that sat on the floor lol

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Dead Set - Zombie mini series by Charlie Brooker (Black Mirror). The zombie apocalypse is happening - but will the contestants in the British Big Brother house even notice they're not the center of attention any more? The biting media satire one expects from Charlie and a damn well made little drama in its own right.
I remember Dead Set and enjoyed it, they did a Brazilian remake that was also entertaining, it was different enough from the BBC version that I still enjoyed it, though the premise is the same, the focus in the Portugese or Spanish version is a little different and the cast is entertaining. It's called Reality Z and I think it's on Netflix.

Darkwing Duck was one I loved. Gargoyles and Mighty Ducks too, but they're mentioned above. I can't be the only one who watched Swat Kats, although I rarely see people talking about it. Oh, and Batman Beyond, although that was probably mainstream enough that more folks remember it. Beast Wars: Transformers, Megas XLR, the list goes on...

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
My favorite insult of all time came directly from Grace Under Fire, for which I will forever be grateful.

Top Bottom