Vid-A-Day, round 2

Krishach

Promoter
The story of the premie baby hippo that became an internet celebrity.

I have to admit she's adorable.

GalacticKegger

Cylon Hunter
When Ryiaala and I lived in Texas we worked quite a bit with Bridges, helping support them financially as well as with volunteer work (mostly the unloading and sorting of donation items). It is really heartwarming to see one's efforts making a difference.

:love: https://bridgescanhelp.org/ :love:

Krishach

Promoter

Many times referred to as "the octopus," Danny Carey is famous for playing and often times originating the polymeter that makes Tool sounds so interesting. What makes him crazy is that he'll be playing different fundamental tempos with different body parts.

To fundamentally understand what this is, try tapping your thumb against each finger, one at a time, with both hands. Then, try again, only time it so your left hand does 3 fingers in the same time you do 4 with your right hand, with even spacing between both times.

You wind up with this weird pattern on the "

" " " " " " " " " " " " " " "
"_"_"_"_"_"_"_"_"_"_"_"_

Now add a 3rd pattern with your foot on the +.
+___+___+___+________

And like I (tried) to line up, they do eventually line up again, just waaay down the road.

That's what this lunatic does sometimes, and sometimes NONE of these will line up directly with the instruments. I finally found someone who did both a decent breakdown and a practical demonstration (that still had mistakes!) but at least finally shows just how ridiculously hard this is.

I tried to ASCII (badly) the same timing the breakdown video focuses on, which on the original video is at 6:15 if you want to just hear it uninterrupted.

Top Bottom