The U's Twitch channel

Sovya

Unrepentant Social Coordinator
Maestro
Hey guys! By now, I know a lot of you have already seen that we have a Twitch channel specifically for the U, but I figured I would make it all official like and post about it here.

Clicky clicky link for channel

If you have Twitch, be sure to follow us.

Our end goal for doing a Twitch channel is to be able to do something that Twitch calls "Teams". Basically, when we all play awesome games together, multiple people can stream it as themselves, but it would be under the U's channel so people could watch us all play together. I have set up a schedule on the channel of games that I'm going to be streaming from the U's channel. In order to get to where we can have "Teams" there are a couple of hoops to jump so that is what I'm working on right now. Unfortunately I can't do it alone. I need people to not only watch the streams, but to chat and to follow as well. In the short-term, you will have to watch me flailing around as I try and game(I've been told I'm entertaining), but in the long-term this is for ALL OF US. This will be a great way for us to promote ourselves. The Twitch channel is there so people can actually SEE that we are a community and not just a bunch of random names on a screen.

If you would like the U Twitch to host you while you stream, we can definitely do that!

On that note, I have been keeping up a schedule of games that I will be playing, however his week is going to be a little special. Since its October, once a week I will be streaming a creepy/scary game and I will be in some sort of costume! (Yes, I use a webcam when I stream). I have the first game that I'll be playing up on the schedule, but I will need suggestions for other games! So throw those creepy/scary/disturbing games at me! I know that many of you don't know me all that well, but I am the biggest wuss on the planet when it comes to creepy games. I love them, and I love the concept of them, but I also have a very low NOPE threshold. (I once tried to play F.E.A.R and as soon as the first jump-scare happened, I noped on out and made Kiserai play it instead so I could still see the game).

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I may throw myself at streaming some single player stuff I'm doing. Due to kids and school, and the tendency for 5 to 9 year olds to easily break headsets, mine is now in the possession of the 7 year old. I should have a new one this Wednesday, and I'll test some stuff on my own. But I think this is great...it'd be really cool to fill the schedule with Ueys who can stream something regularly, even if it's not multiplayer.

Let us know what we can all do to help jump through those hurdles for the channel. I'm assuming more subscribers and more activity will help unlock stuff. If there's financial considerations to be made, please share those as well. I know a few of us Ueys have more money than time, so if we can contribute financially in some way to help boost the channel, I'm sure people would be happy to contribute.

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
The biggest hurdle is getting folks to follow the channel (subscribe), join the channel while it's streaming (even if it's just running in the background), and if you're really being a peach, joining in with the chat convo.

Sovya

Maestro
We are doing an amazing job so far!

pathtopart.png

So these are the requirements for us to apply to become a Partner (Yes, I see the the thing about it not guaranteeing, but the customer service rep I spoke to about Teams said that we shouldn't have a problem) so we can do Teams. So far, we're doing really well! Thank you to everyone who has followed and chatted! Right now, you can see that the biggest thing we need is viewers. Even if you just mute it and minimize, it will still count as a view!

Now that you guys are updated, I also wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow is the start of SPOOPY STREAM-TOBER. I will be streaming a spoopy game while IN COSTUME for tomorrow at 1pm PST (I know it said 11am PST on the schdeule, but I hit the wrong button, its fixed now)

I hope to see you all there!

I really wish Mixer wasn't shut down. The whole Team thing was something that was possible from the get go without jumping through tons of hoops. There's a new streaming competitor in the works right now that plans to do that, but their platform is unfortunately not ready yet. Might be worth looking at in the future when it's opened.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
That 75 average per stream is a challenge, but I would encourage everyone who can to just log in when you see a stream going live. Even if you're just leaving it on in the background. For now, it would really help to have bodies in the room when streams go live.

arkle

Promoter
Subscribed. Is there an idiots guide to streaming? I could add some DDO

arkle

Promoter
So i downloaded and got started with twitch's beta broadcasting software - how do i put it on the Uey site?

I am a wuss as well, but I absolutely love scary things. Alan Wake is definitely creepy to me more so than Control (but the AWE expansion brings that all back). I also really liked Until Dawn, Man of Medan, and Dead by Daylight can be fun.

huh.. i'm intersted, considering the fact that i was thinking to dive into whole streaming scene with some personal stuff after i get all the art done for it that is
but for the plans i had - tis be prolly a 2 times a week with art and apex
so not sure if it's gonna fit in the idea of it all

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
So i downloaded and got started with twitch's beta broadcasting software - how do i put it on the Uey site?
That's the software I used when I stood in for Sovya that one time. SUPER easy to use/set up. Took me like five minutes tops, and only because I was messing with icons (which you totally don't need to do). So as far as how to do the thing, right now there are two options. The easiest is to stream under your own channel's name, and we host your content. So if someone comes to our channel, they're basically watching your stream through us. It doesn't really help us so much right now, other than to possibly feed each other some viewers/subscribers. The second option (and this is probably going to be a lot more limited, out of necessity sake), is to have people log directly into the U's streaming account. For obvious reasons this isn't super practical. But once we are able hit that benchmark and are able to do Teams, then it becomes a LOT easier... then you become one of our team members, and you stream under our banner officially.

We're still trying to work on some of the kinks and details (some of it behind the scenes), so keep on showing up, and keep up the excellent suggestions and ideas, folks. A lot of great stuff.

It's so much work to get there, so it's super awesome that Sovya's putting the effort into this for the community and that everyone's willing to pitch in and help by showing up and supporting the effort. Thank you everyone.

arkle

Promoter
So i can get twitch to broadcast and I can play my game...but not at the same time? I can't get the twitch overlay to appear on the screen at the same time as the game i'm playing. Think i just said that but wanted to be clear as possible. What am i missing?

EDIT ok so on one monitor i am using windowed mode for the game, still cant get th web cam image in the bottom left corner to display while playing. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
We'll be doing The Forest in the U's twitch channel tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 3rd) at 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern. If you'd like to join the game, this will be the second night we'll be playing (we did one other evening) so things should start to get spooky soon. Anyone on my Steam friends list should be able to join. If you're not on my friends list, hit me up before (or during, that's fine too) the stream to hop in. I'll also have my friend code posted in Discord. We have a limit of 12 sacrifices players total.

If you guys are looking for music that's safe to have on in the background while streaming, there's Pretzel, and I was just recently told about TeknoAxe. Both are great sources of free, royalty free music that is stream safe.

Sovya

Maestro
Added a new "panel" to the channel. Its a suggestion box! So come and suggest games you want to see me play! I also put up the new schedule which will be available tomorrow.

Thank you all for helpings us get to as far as we are. You are all loved and appreciated ❤

Ayy~
I've made a few pannels and a lil simple overlay for the U twitch, feel free to use it and modiy it to yer hearts content
Nothing too fancy, but yea)
tap-tap

Aaaaand for something more fancy ya know where i'm at *wink-wink*

Reactions: Uru

Kiserai

Community Leader
Thanks Octo. Funny enough, we had actually just talked about asking for volunteers to spruce things up, and you've delivered in advance :cool:

Top Bottom