The perfect application

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
24,706
People around here give me grief about the app process sometimes. Yeah, I'm a hard ass, and yeah, I tend not to cut "average" applicants any slack. My argument is that "average" should not be good enough for us.

Every once in a while, an applicant comes along and totally vindicates me. Behold, Valil's contribution to her app thread:

[hsimg:3tvgc3kf]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/magustoad/TheU/TheU1010025.jpg[/hsimg:3tvgc3kf]

[hsimg:3tvgc3kf]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/magustoad/TheU/TheU1010019.jpg[/hsimg:3tvgc3kf]

So, yeah. All you applicants who dropped an app and are hoping to join our ranks - ask yourself one question: "Was my application 'I baked cookies adorned with The U's mascot' level awesomeness?" If not, you might want to revise it.

Just sayin'.

:uey:

Val's app here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9575
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
178
I refuse to resort to this level of sycophancy. I am an independent spirit with pride, dignity and self-respect. If you can't accept me for who I am, then I don't want to be a part of your clique. Pandering to your ego with obsequious gifts is simply not in my repertoire. If this is not acceptable, then consider this my resignation from the guild.















So, where do I deliver that guild-wide lifetime subscription to Krispy Kreme? Please don't kick me out, I'll do anything *wink*wink*nudge*nude*
 
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
1,998
Mekvar said:
I refuse to resort to this level of sycophancy. I am an independent spirit with pride, dignity and self-respect.
There's no room for self-respect here. Good day SIR. *Points to the exit*
:lol:
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
2,136
Dao Jones said:
People around here give me grief about the app process sometimes. Yeah, I'm a hard ass, and yeah, I tend not to cut "average" applicants any slack. My argument is that "average" should not be good enough for us.

Every once in a while, an applicant comes along and totally vindicates me. Behold, Valil's contribution to her app thread:

[hsimg:1ivh6vsq]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/magustoad/TheU/TheU1010025.jpg[/hsimg:1ivh6vsq]

[hsimg:1ivh6vsq]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr152/magustoad/TheU/TheU1010019.jpg[/hsimg:1ivh6vsq]

So, yeah. All you applicants who dropped an app and are hoping to join our ranks - ask yourself one question: "Was my application 'I baked cookies adorned with The U's mascot' level awesomeness?" If not, you might want to revise it.

Just sayin'.

:uey:

Val's app here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9575

Man, I shoulda done the tattoo on my app....
I woulda raised the bar to impossible for everyone else.
Now, I'm gonna get my friends that do custom minitrucks to paint the U logo on my car, my house, and my GF.
 

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
23,776
If it was perfect she that Uey would be sitting atop a pecan pie...or a red velvet cake.
 
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
4,645
If it was really really perfect I'm pretty sure the beerlenium falcon should be in there somewhere too! :p
 

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
23,776
Bah, I coulda done that if I didn't lack the motivation and talent...
 
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
2,720
huntgod said:
Bah, I coulda done that if I didn't lack the motivation and talent...

Yea just as easy as hitting a button........ :) :2thumbsup:
 

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
24,706
Tanuki said:
If it was really really perfect I'm pretty sure the beerlenium falcon should be in there somewhere too! :p
I think this is the next bar of excellence. You know how in old video games there was always a MORE ultimate boss waiting right behind the ultimate boss? Well, the Beerlennium Falcon is the next boss. The applicant who builds one for us (preferably with Legos) will be the applicant who outdoes Uey Cookies.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
178
Dao Jones said:
The applicant who builds one for us (preferably with Legos) will be the applicant who outdoes Uey Cookies.
Hmm... I dunno about the Lego thing. I mean would it be cool? Sure. But would it out-do cookies? Yeah, I don't think so.

Now a Beerlennium Falcon CAKE, that would out-do cookies.
 
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
1,998
Mekvar said:
Dao Jones said:
The applicant who builds one for us (preferably with Legos) will be the applicant who outdoes Uey Cookies.
Hmm... I dunno about the Lego thing. I mean would it be cool? Sure. But would it out-do cookies? Yeah, I don't think so.

Now a Beerlennium Falcon CAKE, that would out-do cookies.

Yeah, I think Lego would outdo cookies. Unless, I was holding and eating one of said cookies in my hand. I cant enjoy them from a pic you know. :p
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
178
twilyghtprincess said:
Yeah, I think Lego would outdo cookies. Unless, I was holding and eating one of said cookies in my hand. I cant enjoy them from a pic you know. :p
Can't play with a Beerlennium Falcon made out of Lego's from a pic either.
 

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
24,706
You are all wicked, greedy souls. It's not about personal gain - it's about the applicant showing they really want to be here.

Although I wouldn't mind a cookie, to be honest. Or a beer.
 
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
1,865
I don't know why I should have to point this out, but:

A cake of a lego Beerlennium Falcon.
 

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
24,706
Emrys said:
A cake of a lego Beerlennium Falcon.
Shaped like a cookie.

This is going all Inception type meta-conscious, here.
 
Top Bottom