SWTOR App: Moza Ferorn (4/0/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
SWTOR App: Moza Ferorn (0/0/0)

Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes​

Which game(s) are you applying in?
SWTOR​

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Eseleno​

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
N/A​

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I never dated in high school, so I had my first girlfriend this year. That means I had my first date. We went to a restraunt (Chili's, if you know it) and I had a meal with corn on the cob. One of the first things I learned in college was I can never eat corn on the cob properly. When I took my first bite out of my corn, the juice shot at my date and hit in the face. That REALLY broke the ice.​

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I've only had one job and that's been in childcare. I love children, moreso toddlers than babies. I've seen some...interesting things in childcare to say the least. So, I can easily say it's been the worst best job and the best worst job I've ever had.​

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Jedi Academy certainly is the game I've played the longest. Though I mostly stopped after I started college, I had been already been playing it for 5-6 years. I joined DOZENS of clans, played multiple mods, and even got into RPing, which consumed the past 3 years of my time in JKA. I guess one could say that I'm burnt out on the whole clan thing. I hate being expected to show up at a certain time to do clan events that I don't care for. ANYWAYS, because it's been such an influential game, I think I'd like to play it occasionally, if only to be nostalgic.

I also fell in love with Battle for Middle-Earth. I loved the strategy involved in it. I also liked the fact you could actually get you ass handed to you if you weren't paying attention to the smallest of details.

Finally, I'm always feel nostalgic enough to play Rouge Squardron (a REALLY old Star Wars game where you fly ships on various missions). I loved it as a child and would love to play it again if my computer was not 100x the game.​

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I haven't really met one, but I really can't stand the idea of having to meet a "Christian Warrior" or someone who is so devoted to their religion that EVERY action they make is based on faith in Jesus/God. I'm not anti-religious, but for personal reasons, I certainly do not feel much of our lives can be justified with religion. And I hate religious debates. Alot. So, if I ever met one of these people I would completely avoid them and not say a word.​

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I am an Instrumental Music Education major at The Florida State University. I am a classically trained cellist and a huge advocate of the arts.​

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I met two upper-level members who were willing a level 8 character do level 6 heroics last night. That means something, I think, if members of the community are willing to help out like that. I've always been skeptical about SWTOR guilds, because I do KNOW I will not have much time to play come the end of August. I know that I'll be cancelling my subscription in August. However, I do plan on returning around Christmas and other times when I actually have time. I was told that this isn't an issue, since not a lot of commitment is required (not that I'm unwilling to provide it, I just don't want to schedule my time around it, you know?).

Plus, having a select group of members who are willing to help out with Heroics and FPs is really what seems to matter in SWTOR. I have a SW and I felt the gameplay begin to drag. I love playing by myself, but I don't really like having to do EVERY little quest before heroics and what not just so I can meet the levels. Having a member base to draw on for help is a great thing, and I feel like I could get that here.​

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Are there any other classical musicians? :p

Are there people will to help with leveling and what not? I'd really love to get the Legacy perks for my IA so I really don't have to do every single quest.

How does the Guild Bank in TOR work? I know it's in the works atm, but is it fair gain once it's available. I'm not looking to withdraw millions of credits, but it's nice to not have to save up for weeks at a time.​

For all the non-believers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6B8h9G4Y8&feature=plcp

That's me playing. :p

This is the orchestra that is higher than me at FSU, but I may be in it next year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnlPoyl5kuQ

This performance was the best live classical performance I've ever seen.

EDIT:

One final thing, my alias is Moza Ferorn because that was my character's name in an RP clan for quite some time. It's stuck with me. My legacy is also named Ferorn, so it's easier to identify me. My Sith Warrior's name is Altoria and my IA is Eseleno.

Thanks!

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
First, welcome to the app process! Nice application, most do not start this good. I'm glad you you had a good time running with some of us and decided to apply because of it.

The video was really good. How young were you when you got into music? By your major I'm guessing you plan to teach? What would be your ideal place to be in music in 10 years?

I'm with you on the Christian Warrior thing. Be into whatever religion you want but if you never give it a rest it's annoying

As far a level help goes, most of us have alts so you should be able to find somebody to run with a good amount of time. I have a level 8 BH right now that I just started. We also have scheduled times where we pre-50 pvp. The guild bank is there for the players so people can take what they need, it's what it is there for.

We're a pretty casual community. We run upper level content but we just don't require anybody to do it. You can come and go as you like and you can play other games with us as well. We use this app process to get to know people to make sure they are a good fit for our community. Stay active in with the app and everything should go well.

Harplager

Promoter
Hi, thanks for applying. We're a pretty large/versatile gaming community, as you've looked around have you seen any other games that you and we play concurrently? Just curious.

We use the app as a chance to get to know you, so please keep this thread alive and active. Additionally, feel free to peruse our forum and chat with us there.

We use Mumble as our voice chat program, the information is in our guild description (bottom right panel of the guild tab), if you're interested, we'd love to chat with ya.

Welcome. Why are viola players so strange? What's your favorite cello concerto? The cellist thing explains the less than raucous nature of your app (and your gchat comments last night), as I have never known a rowdy cellist.

This community is about what you put into it, so perhaps the guild bank question could have waited. Generally we do not take credits, and we only take stuff we can use (not sell)

Harplager

Promoter
Bah, beat by Tallon! :lol:

Also, I forgot a question: do you read for pleasure? What's your favorite book? Howcome?

The video was really good. How young were you when you got into music? By your major I'm guessing you plan to teach? What would be your ideal place to be in music in 10 years?
I started in the 6th grade, so about 8 years now (wow I'm getting old.). And yes, I plan on teaching. Hopefully, I can find an area that is in the middle to higher income areas either out west or up in the Northeast, as both areas seem to have striving music communities. Realistically though, this won't be the case for my first job and I'll be taking what ever I can get.

Hi, thanks for applying. We're a pretty large/versatile gaming community, as you've looked around have you seen any other games that you and we play concurrently? Just curious.
I have looked at them, but I do not play any of them. I used to play GW, but it got boring imo. SWTOR is currently the only game I play atm.

Welcome. Why are viola players so strange? What's your favorite cello concerto? The cellist thing explains the less than raucous nature of your app (and your gchat comments last night), as I have never known a rowdy cellist.

This community is about what you put into it, so perhaps the guild bank question could have waited. Generally we do not take credits, and we only take stuff we can use (not sell)
No one may ever be able to answer why violists are so strange. :p My favorite concerto...That's hard to chose, because there are so many great ones. However, I'd have to say Elgar's Cello Conerto in Eminor.

About the Guild Bank question, I didn't mean to rouse any questions. I simply have never experienced it and I was just curious how it works.

Bah, beat by Tallon! :lol:

Also, I forgot a question: do you read for pleasure? What's your favorite book? Howcome?
Eh, I love to read for pleasure, but having the time to do it is hard to come by. I started reading this summer before summer classes started and I read through "The Help" and started a book by Michael Ohr, but never finished it. I also started the Hobbitt for the nteenth time, but only got through half of it before school started.

My favorite book....Again, that's pretty hard. I'm definately more of a Sci-Fi reader, mainly Star Wars. I'm just not too interested in classical literature. I'd have to say my two favorite series are the Darth Bane novels and the Inheritance Cycle by Paolini. The Bane books show a very dark perspective on things and gets into a lot of Sith philosophy. And the Inheritance books are something I started reading in elementary school, I think. Either that or middle school. And once I read Eragon, I couldn't help but finish the series. The story plots and characters and everything about the novels just made them so fantastic.

Thanks to everyone for the kind and thoughtful replies!

Hey Moza I wanted to say I laughed pretty hard at the corn on the cob story. It reminded me of the time I went on a date the day after I ate a plate full of Cherynobyl Wings (Yes they were hot) and when they came out I called the chef out on it - so he made them even hotter and I ate every single one of them. Next day I had a date with my ex girlfriend (current wife). Well lets say I spent more time in the bathroom screaming than at the dinner table. Where were we? Chili's!! LOL

Glad you had a good time with some U members last night and hopefully you will run with us some more. Keep checking back in with us here and in game.

Cheers!

Hey Moza I wanted to say I laughed pretty hard at the corn on the cob story. It reminded me of the time I went on a date the day after I ate a plate full of Cherynobyl Wings (Yes they were hot) and when they came out I called the chef out on it - so he made them even hotter and I ate every single one of them. Next day I had a date with my ex girlfriend (current wife). Well lets say I spent more time in the bathroom screaming than at the dinner table. Where were we? Chili's!! LOL

Glad you had a good time with some U members last night and hopefully you will run with us some more. Keep checking back in with us here and in game.

Cheers!
I laughed out loud. Thanks for the welcome!

good app so far, hope to see you ingame some time, ill gladly help with any FP's or heroics you need, but ill problery hurt your xp on them.

Love the app. keep up the good work ;). You seem to be a very well spoken young man, and I hope you make it into our little family. One question on you music, have you tried imitating, or making stuff similar to bands like Apocalyptica?

I've played Nothing Else Matters and have a slew of other pieces by them. Some of it is actually pretty hard, haha.

And thanks!

Good app... good luck to ya from someon who has absolutely no say in anything here!
I never dated in high school, so I had my first girlfriend this year. That means I had my first date. We went to a restraunt (Chili's, if you know it) and I had a meal with corn on the cob. One of the first things I learned in college was I can never eat corn on the cob properly. When I took my first bite out of my corn, the juice shot at my date and hit in the face. That REALLY broke the ice.
Reminds me of one of my firsts with a girl. I also shot the juice at my date very early in the process.

Rouge Squardron (a REALLY old Star Wars game where you fly ships on various missions).
Haha, thanks for making me feel REALLY old :)

I haven't really met one, but I really can't stand the idea of having to meet a "Christian Warrior" or someone who is so devoted to their religion that EVERY action they make is based on faith in Jesus/God. I'm not anti-religious, but for personal reasons, I certainly do not feel much of our lives can be justified with religion. And I hate religious debates. Alot. So, if I ever met one of these people I would completely avoid them and not say a word.
Jesus does not approve of your attitude and one day you will have to answer for this post. What will you have to say for yourself when you sit in Judgement?

Seriously, though, I love religious debates... especially since so many "warriors" I meet can only repeat what they've been spoonfed, and though I haven't been to church in years know more of the Bible than they do, not to mention the history surrounding it. My wife's family are huge CoC's, and the last time they were discussing religion they- for whatever reason- asked me about my favorite Jesus story. I told him it was the one where he turned regular pigs into demon pigs and then made them jump off a cliff. They swore up and down that wasn't a real Bible story...

I am an Instrumental Music Education major at The Florida State University. I am a classically trained cellist and a huge advocate of the arts.
Good deal. I'm an engineer by degree, but I think it's just shameful how little support the arts get in "everyday" society (at least 'round here in da Souf)

Are there people will to help with leveling and what not? I'd really love to get the Legacy perks for my IA so I really don't have to do every single quest.
This is my first experience with any kind of guild and I've been shocked by how helpful everyone is... so I can't really compare it to other games, but I can tell you that it's definitely a helpful crew.

Sup, Ese (AKA Moza)

I like you cuz you talk about corn on the cob. I'd say that chick was pretty lucky to get splattered on a first date. I would have felt lucky.

Also these SWTOR people are pretty helpful. Lots of dancing. Sometimes they joke around. Just a little. Not very much. Only like every half second.

I'm only level 15 cuz my toons of doom from Vornskr can't transfer to Canned Odor. So I can play with you and do widdle kid stuvs if you want. I'm kicking it on the Droum (AKA Drouman Kaas, AKA DK <insert DK jingle from 90s Donkey Kong ad>) right now so let's kill stuff and also do stuff.

What class are you? I can't remember if you said that cuz most things go in my brain sounding like "blah blah blah" and sometimes "wonk wonk wonk wonk." It's pretty much why I fit in around here.

PvP is a fun way to get XP cuz we're all like doing stuff and then "Fuh The Wha? That dude killed me."

So let's go fly a KITE!

Lol reynor. I'm an Imperial Agent. My main is a SW. I was really against making an alt character for reasons previously mentioned. 1.3 is coming out this week though, so hopefully it'll be easier!

Denavii

Jumbee Buncher
You've been a great fun in guild chat, keep up the great app!:thumbup:

I've had time with Moza running lowbie heroics, sub50PvP, and some chat time in Mumble. I have been enjoying the app and interaction. I'll give a first yet vote here.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Good starting app, good interaction with the app and interaction with the U in game is positive, I'll put in the 2nd yes vote. :)

Thanks for the support guys! I've been having a great time over the past few days!

I just wanted to let everyone know (even though it really doesn't involve the app) that I will be out of town from Thursday until Monday. And between now and then I've gotta get work done to make up the time I won't have this weekend. So, I may not be around much. Tomorrow may be the only time I'll have before I have to go. Either way, I'll be back early next week.

Thanks for the support guys! I've been having a great time over the past few days!

I just wanted to let everyone know (even though it really doesn't involve the app) that I will be out of town from Thursday until Monday. And between now and then I've gotta get work done to make up the time I won't have this weekend. So, I may not be around much. Tomorrow may be the only time I'll have before I have to go. Either way, I'll be back early next week.

Thanks for saying so. It's actually more important to know of absences during the app process then after you've joined. Some apps linger a bit and if they go for a long time without a response, or an explanation for no response, they tend to get pushed aside. Don't forget tomorrow is "Take your licks Tuesday", and join us in one of the party channels (usually Paradise City) for tunes and PvP frolicking!

Top Bottom