SWTOR App: Jakobjeru (3/1/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
SWTOR App: Jakobjeru (3/1/0)

Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes​

Which game(s) are you applying in?
SWTOR​

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Janika 18 Jugg​

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
no​

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I am not very active however I do play disc golf a year ago in August I was playing with a buddy and in a stand still shot... I broke my ankle not really sure how I guess I need to drink more milk was pretty embarrassing to be the chubby kid on the course who snapped his ankle standing still​

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
my current job is probably the best I have ever had I do customer service for a retirement services company I get to work from home in fact I am working taking calls as I write this lol​

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
KOTOR absolutely love this game​

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
don't really know any one person I can say taking calls as a customer service rep the most annoying callers are the people chewing gum or food while talking... drives me crazy​

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have 2 daughters 5 yo and 1 yo who are both on their way to becoming geeks like Daddy the 5yo has her own PC which she knows how to use already she can name all of the Avengers and all of the Fantastic 4 her favorite super hero is the Hulk because "Hulk strongest there is"​

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I have just come back to SWTOR and looking for a community of cool people to game with my play time can vary a lot so having people who get and accept that would be awesome​

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not gonna go all "grammar Nazi" on you and break out the red pen... really, not going to. Okay, so I did already, but I'm not going to post it. Punctuation is your friend hot weather this week in Atlanta don't you think about what this sentence means a lot of nothing on this post

How long have you been playing SWTOR? What server are you on? How did you come to know of Unrepentant?

Working from home definitely has its perks! How did you fall into that job? Retirement age is getting older and older now, have you ever had a client die while you were customer servicing them?

Holy hell, you snapped your ankle standing still? Did you ever consider that it was a crazed, half shaven, knife wielding, chipmunk? I hear they are responsible for a LOT of unexplainable mishaps.

Come up with some questions for us.. You REALLY should know what you're getting into here before you get to excited about being accepted. Once you're in they don't let you out, no matter how much you kick, scream, yell, shout, squeal, cry, beg, bleed, etc. Chewing off your own body parts doesn't help either. I hear someone even sacrificed their thumb in an attempt to escape.

Look at some of the accepted and rejected apps. Where does yours belong? If you did your research you know this is a gaming community that spans many games, and that the application process is not casual.

Sorry for the grammar

Been playing since early access. Took a small break and am back to swing a saber

to be honest I took the job because there was 6 weeks of paid training time and I had no intention of staying past that... that was almost 5 years ago. Unfortunately it is not that personal I take so many calls from so many different participants that I couldn't really say if anyone has passed while servicing them, now if your asking if anyone has died on the phone while talking to them the answer is no, no matter how hard I willed it lol (joking of course... maybe)

yea disc golf is a pretty rough sport... lol its a mystery for sure

are there playtime requirements? i.e. if I take a few weeks off would that be bad?
I saw some posts about sub 50 PvP, are there any entry level PvE raid groups?
What is the busiest time of day/year for the guild?
Beer Wine or Liquor?
Boxers Briefs or Commando? (correct answer is always commando isnt it?)

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Sorry for the grammar

Been playing since early access. Took a small break and am back to swing a saber

to be honest I took the job because there was 6 weeks of paid training time and I had no intention of staying past that... that was almost 5 years ago. Unfortunately it is not that personal I take so many calls from so many different participants that I couldn't really say if anyone has passed while servicing them, now if your asking if anyone has died on the phone while talking to them the answer is no, no matter how hard I willed it lol (joking of course... maybe)

yea disc golf is a pretty rough sport... lol its a mystery for sure

are there playtime requirements? i.e. if I take a few weeks off would that be bad?
I saw some posts about sub 50 PvP, are there any entry level PvE raid groups?
What is the busiest time of day/year for the guild?
Beer Wine or Liquor?
Boxers Briefs or Commando? (correct answer is always commando isnt it?)
No play time requirements at all. You can move to a different game in the community at will also. Play when you want and participate in the events that you want to be part of. The flip side is that sometimes in order to do what you want to do sometimes you have to plan it. If you want to run flashpoints or kill world bosses and there no event then pick a time, make a forum post and put it together.

I would say play time overall drops some over the Summer, more people going outside and doing things. Still plenty of people playing but the numbers seem smaller. Most of is get on in the evening and various times.

For entry PvE groups we normally run operations on the Republic side once a week. Some of us also run flashpoints and ops through the rest of the week too if people are up for it. We do both hard mode and normal modes to get people geared up. Are you Sith or Republic? Which server? Our Republic guild is on Prophecy of the Five and the Sith are on Canderous Ordo.

I'm a beer guy, and I had a bit too much of it last night. I wear these .

The app process is our way to get to know you and get some sense if you would fit in around here and give you some idea if there is where you want to be. Big answers = awesome. Let's hear about your worst job and tell us a little bit more about what you like to do when your not gaming.

alright, worst job... I really have to search for an answer here even if they sucked at least I learned something, but one job that I liked the least was working for a telemarketing company selling "The Total Transformation" a suite of video and audio discs to help you manage your out of control children. The product was ok and the idea was cool but, as you can probably gather already, I am not a very out going person if I dont know you so if the callers didnt just start rattling off their CC numbers I didnt do so well I lasted about a week and my manager brought me in her office and she knew I was not enjoying it so she gave an out on good terms so I took it. not a great story I know but it was my worst job lol.

I am a big outdoors person which is sort of a contradiction for a gamer but I looove to camp in fact I just got home from a weekend camping trip. when my wife and I first got together we used to load all our gear in a canoe and float down the Saco river until we found a good spot and setup our tent. we now have two kids and so we bought a pop up about 2 years ago we do a lot of campground camping, which is not "REAL" camping in my eyes but it is still a get away and the kids enjoy it. once the kids are a little older we have plans to start doing some "real" camping again that is only if the zombie apocalypse has not taken over lol

"I'm a beer guy, and I had a bit too much of it last night. I wear these ." to each his own I suppose lol, the lace would chafe me pretty bad

I am playing Sith on Canderous Ordo have a level 50 BH I have played since early access at the moment I am playing a Juggernaut who is level 18 I alternate between SWTOR and WOW but WOW is losing its fun with the 1.3 patch notes I thought it was a good time to resub. I have always been a big PvE player and know enough about my class to play well but I am not a FOTM player or a super leet tunnel vision player

I hope to join the ranks although I understand your looking for a certain personality type to mesh well with the community

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Gamers comes in so many flavors anymore I don't there there are many contradictions. This group has all different kind of people in it.

I'm not a big camper but I do it sometimes to climb mountains. So how much stuff would you bring with you when you did real camping? Have you done much camping outside of the northeast? Any Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountain or other cool location trips?

On Canderous Ordo we have pre-50 pvp runs on Tuesday evenings so if you can join in on that with your Juggernaut. Tuesdays get a bit crazy in he Mumble channel so it will give you an idea if we're you kind of crowd. If you have not gotten a invite you can do a \who unrepentant and any member can send a recruit invite.

I wouldn't bring much food, water, beer the essentials maybe just beer and bratwurst! I haven't traveled much the coolest place I have camped was on a ledge on the top of tumble down mt here in Maine which is an accomplishment for someone who is afraid of heights. I will be honest I did it to impress a girl. the drop off was over 1000 ft and the edge was about 3 feet from the opening of our tent I don't think I was able to stand fully upright I was so scared the wind would blow me right of the mountain lol

I will be on after 8pm EST (work+kids) I will look for someone for an invite once I log in tonight I haven't done a lot of PvP on my Jugg yet should be fun

Last night was the first chance I had to run with you. We got you tagged and we got you in Mumble, outstanding! Now we need to get you in for a night of "Take Your Licks Tuesday"! We start some time between 8 and 9 EST, usually in the Paradise City channel of Mumble. We pipe in music that bounces around from silly to down right raunchy and everything in between. No music is off limits and neither is our conversation.. :eek: If we don't run you off with TYLT then you have hope!!

Let's stir your app a bit..

I used to go "real camping" back when I was much younger. I'd haul in only what I could carry on my back and would make use of the environment to provide the rest. It turns out that I could carry a LOT of stuff on my back by making several trips between the campsite and the truck. Which was a good thing because while possible to live off of the Mojave Desert, it takes WAY more effort than it's worth for a simple camping trip. Bivouacs were of course handled differently.

If you could pick five places in the world to go camping, where are they, and in what order would you like to go?

that's a good question I never really thought about it. I will have to pull out a map. I definitely would not choose anywhere to hot or humid I prefer cooler climate even snow is ok

first would probably be somewhere in the foot hills of Japan's mountains what I have seen of this area I like the thick dense forest, plant me near some running water and I could stay for days. I'd like to check out old temple ruins and just relax

second would have to be just about anywhere unpopulated in New Zealand, c'mon its where middle earth is! imagine the joy of waking up and poking your head out of your tent to see that landscape spread out in front of you. Epic!

I would want to do one frozen climate trip somewhere remote but not to desolate like south western Alaska or something similar, somewhere I put my love of winter to the test lol. I wonder if I would still love winter if I had to sleep in a snow coffin to stay warm.

you know I did start off thinking hot or humid would not make it on the list but maybe I would like to go to say a desert climate just to be able to say I did it and survived (that's assuming I do survive lol). I used to watch a lot of Survivorman and Man vs. Wild I'd like to think I could make it in the desert like these guys however I draw the line at eating bugs and drinking my own urine!

I am drawing a blank for a 5th. I guess I could talk about one of my favorite camping trips, maybe not the coolest, but it is my favorite it was one of my friends my wife and myself on one of our river trips. we all knew is was going to rain the whole time, and it did, but that didn't bother any of us. about an hour into the float downstream we were pulling off to find a tree to water when my surefooted wife fell out of the canoe on her way down she grabbed the only thing she could... the canoe... with me in it lol, thankfully our gear was in dry bags and strapped into the canoe good enough my wife and I on the other hand were soaked. Later after finding a decent spot to camp my friend Jared who is the MacGyver friend in our group, I'm sure you all have one, after hanging our tarps (which kept our tents completely dry in the pouring rain) decided he wanted to cook his pork tenderloin on a rotisserie so he made one out of a few sticks lol which seems like the obvious answer now but I was pretty amazed at the time. After all the rain and river mishaps I don't think any of us stopped smiling the whole weekend it was the most memorable camping trip to date.

just as a heads up it may be a little closer to 8:30est when I log in tonight.

Got to play some Take Your Licks Tuesday to Tunes pvp on CandO, with JJ heheh It was so much fun last night! Heck the best was anytime we had more than 4 Uey's in a game. Keep it up Jakob!! You were lil quiet, but played in one of the groups for most of the night! But with all the blabbermouths it had to be hard to get aword in edgewise heh

Pie, cake, Cheesecake, Icecream Cake which would you eat for breakfast and why?

I had a blast last night!! I felt like every time I talked I was talking over someone and felt like I was being rude. The best time was Uey on Uey action passing the ball to a Uey on the other team in Huttball just to squish em and find another to pass to was the most fun for me lol. It's kind of funny you chose JJ as that's what all my friends/co-workers have called me for years.

None of the above, I don't care that much for sweets I'm more a meat and pertaters kind of guy. That makes me odd, sure, but that's just the tip of the iceberg with me lol

Music, Group PvP, Mumble chatter it was all very enjoyable and much needed. It has been the week from hell at work and I got to blow off a lot of steam and laugh A LOT thanks folks!

And the cool thing about the U is that some variant of this happens in every game. JJ is among a good new crop of aspiring Ueys in SWTOR.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Hmmm, played PvP on Tuesday and isn't in the fetal position shivering in some corner??? I'll make the first yes vote. :D

In game not a problem, but there really ought to be more interaction here or in the Thirsty Troll so the rest of the community an see how he does.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
It takes 4, you have to please more that just me :p.

I've had a good time with you in game. TYLT didn't scare you off, BONUS! You have won me over and are getting my yes vote. As stated previously though, get yourself some more exposure in the Thirsty Troll. Off branchers (people not in your current game) votes carry as much weight as same branch votes. More importantly is it's a good way to get to know more folks than those nutcases in TOR.. They are a special sort of sick.

it's a good way to get to know more folks than those nutcases in TOR.. They are a special sort of sick.
from what I have browsed in the other forum sections... Uey's in general are all a special kind of sick lol. I have had more fun these last couple days playing with you all than I have in a while! 50 PvP was good times but damned if I know how to play a BH anymore lol was just a lot of keyboard flailing but still had fun laughing at and picking on folks over Mumble. I will be working on my Jugg this weekend she is currently 21 hoping for 50 by Sunday :eek: anyone in the level 21 range is welcome to join I can meat shield for you.

**edit** getting laughed at and picked on in mumble is fun also lol

Last edited:
Anyone able to throw in the last yes? I love you loooong time and bake "special" brownies for you

Top Bottom