SW: TOR App: Straightsix (3/1/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
SW: TOR App: Straightsix (0/0/0)

Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes, I am the ripe young age of 38. Don't hate...Imma Toys R Us kid.​

Which game(s) are you applying in?
SW: TOR
Edit: I'm adding GW2, further explanation can be found later in the thread.​

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
I don't have one, yet. Revoke only recently passed along word that TOR is going f2p. Plus, I'm likely to make up the lamest name ever for my toons. I really suck at naming stuff. I mean, back when I was playing WoW, I started using the names of old Rolls Royces for my characters.

Edit: I finally got some time to download the TOR client and create a character. His name is Vundneryl and I picked a bounty hunter to play for now. Also, made a Pot5 character named Geodone.

2nd Edit: GW2 character is Dungus the Pantless (Yup, it may be pandering but that's ok. It happens.)​

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
Revoke23, he's my brother.​

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I might have fallen asleep in the middle of a social conversation with an old boss. And by might have fallen asleep, I mean, I did. I was sitting in my chair at my desk just shooting the breeze. Next thing I know, I'm nearly falling out of my chair. I tried to recover hoping no one noticed, but my boss and the co-worker involved in the conversation were both staring at me. Surprisingly, I didn't get canned then and there.​

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I really haven't ever had a "cool" job. I suppose the coolest job I've ever held was when I was working for friend of mine. He runs a BMW repair shop and I helped him for a few months. I got to work on a bunch of BMWs, including the 528i Touring from hell. That car had a noise in the rear suspension that we just couldn't find. We drove with and without rear shocks.

The worst was when I was in high school, I worked as a cashier at Kroger. It was simply the most boring job ever. We made up a game, a lame one, where we guessed what manner of produce went into the production of certain foods. The sole bright spot about that job was that I worked several really hot chicks. I might not have had a chance in hell with any of them, but they were nice to look at.​

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Forza Motorsport, Live for Speed, and your Mom. I tend to really prefer racing games since I'm a car guy and racing fan. I enjoy the aspect of competing against other racers. Every race is different.

So, after rereading this answer I've decided to flesh it out a little more. It's pretty clear from other posts in this thread that I'm a car guy. I love to drive. There's nothing better in life than finding a nice twisty road when you drive a car that handles well. More than that though, is combining man and machine and then putting that combo on a racetrack. I don't race IRL, yet, but one day I will.

To sate my inner racing car driver, I play driving games.

FM has been a great franchise for MS and for the Xbox. I felt like the game does a better job of replicating car physics on a console than Gran Turismo.

Live For Speed never really gained much popularity in the states as a PC race sim because all the cars and tracks are fictional. LFS's physics engine is one of, if not the, best of any PC racing sim. The race structure and format came the closest to replicating the real thing, too. Plus, since all the races are online against other players, the racing is pretty good. There is a bit of learning curve associated with the sim, though. I played and got comfortable enough to start racing online and found that my skills improved exponentially when racing against other people.

Your Mom - Let's just say she never gets old.​

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My brother, because he's my brother. He does all kinds of ridiculous crap. Once that little jack hole brought me with him to a New Year's Eve party in Charlotte. He then proceeded to convince everyone at the party, people I was meeting for the first time, that I was gay (which i am not). Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, it's just that I'm not.​

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Well, I would but the love of my life put Chrome into full screen mode and I'm too stupid to figure out how to get out of that mode so that I could provide a youtube link to some video of me driving my car on track.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
My brother is a member. I've been told that you guys are a pretty cool bunch. From reading the rules, that seems to be the case.​

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Why isn't my kid in bed yet?
I can't really think of any questions at the moment. I'm terrible at asking them, too. Usually, if I do have a question, I use the search function of the forums and find that answer on my own.​

Last edited:
Welcome to teh application process. Nice short, witty answers but we will want more. Mainly because we want to get to know you. Check out some of the Approved apps. Good luck and maybe expand abit more on some of the questions. Here's a few more for you to answer and impress hehe

Salty treats or sugary sweets? Why? What class or classes interests you in Swtor? How do you get the poison out?

I apologize for my illiterate brother.
Unfortunately after sending him the link, (he registered, didn't apply) then telling him to apply, (and sending him the link to the "New members start here."... post) He applies.
DISHONORING our family FOR ALL TIME!!!
By giving short, shitty, crap coated stupid answers.
I did vote that I would have a drink with him, because I have.
Hey bro, you don't suck in real life this bad, sooooooo... do better or I'll punch your cock at thanksgiving.

P.S. read some shit about the community and find reasons other than me telling you to join to apply.

Ah brotherly love. No free passes for family, as I'm sure he told you. There is an event in SWTOR tomorrow so log on and meet folks.

Even if there were free passes for family, I still wouldn't let him have it... HA!! :p:p:p:p

Harplager

Promoter
Yeah, if you're available on Friday come play and run Mumble with us. Many sub-par apps have been redeemed by good interaction in Mumble.

Yeah, he's WAY cooler in person than this garbage.
I think he was complaining too much about not being able to find time to play with a GF and kid around...
I work like 90+ hours a week, have a wife, two kids with another on the way... I still find time to play.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Adding a video of getting punched in the cock at Thanksgiving would be a plus to this app. Bonus points if he gets knocked back into grandma while she's carrying the turkey. Extra bonus points if it's a turduckin.

Seven days without so much as a second look at the website.. This has me feeling like the scrawny, awkward, nerdy, geek boy at the middle school Sadie Hawkins dance.. You glanced at me, might have made some polite remarks, then ducked away to the punch table and then the bathroom with all your girlfriends leaving me standing alone wondering if the x-ray glasses and add for the stuff that makes big guys stop kicking sand in my face at the beach in the comic book I've been reading, are really worth ordering.

No Vote.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I'm following with another no vote. If he comes back and fills out the app then I'll give it another chance.

Just a heads up, I didn't know how long he'd be out of town, but the fucker has been at the F1 races for like 5 or 6 days, so he should be back on tonight...

Yeah, sorry for the sucky answers. I'm not always the wordiest fellow. As revoke mentioned, I applied and then went out of town. My GF got me tickets to the U.S. Grand Prix (which was awesome, btw).

Ya know, after they mention you need to be wordier, you'd think you'd type up a story about your race adventures. Instead of, "went to races, was awesome!"

P.S. straightsix is the college grad of the family. I'm just the ignorant tattoo artist...

Right, so about the trip to Austin and the US GP.

I'm a huge Formula 1 fan. The way that some Americans are about NASCAR, I am about F1. IMO, F1 is the pentultimate in racing. The teams have the most money, F1 budgets are ~$325 million for a season, and a great deal of F1 technology trickles down into the consumer market. From an engineering geek stand point, F1 gives multiple nerdgasms. The drivers are also the most skilled in motorsports.

The race last weekend heralded the return of F1 to the US. The last time a USGP was run was in 2007 in Indianapolis at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and was a dismal failure. Something like seven cars started the race due to issues with one of the tire suppliers. The track for the 2012 USGP, the Circuit of the Americas, outside of Austin, TX was purpose built for this race and the race almost didn't happen.

The event was a huge success. The drivers reportedly loved the track. The racing was fantastic. This season in F1 has been great because the driver championship won't be decided until the last race this weekend at Interlagos in Brazil. It's been a while since the F1 driver's championship hasn't been decided before the last few races.

I went with three of my other friends. We're all involved with the National Auto Sport Association. NASA does amateur road racing and high performance driver's education. We left early on the 16th and drove the 16 hours to Austin. Friday we spent checking out the track and finding the best place to watch the race on Sunday. We settled on a spot on the hill overlooking turn 1. It gave us a view of the last turn, the front straight and turns 1 and 2. I think we were roughly 50 -100 feet from the racing surface. That night we decided to hunt down a good steak place. We ended up at a restaurant in downtown Austin called Austin Land and Cattle. We checked out the menu posted outside the door, and found $40 a piece steaks. A little rich for our blood. A gander across the street was greeted with the screaming neon sign for Thundercloud Subs. We walked across the street to grab a sub since we were running out of patience for finding an affordable steak joint downtown. Nourished, we headed back to our hotel to rest up for Saturday.

Saturday we headed back to the track to grab an early, read good, spot on the turn 1 hill. It was a bit chilly and we walked for what seemed like 5 miles to get the spot we picked out the day before. My fat ass nearly got left behind, since I'm out of shape and my pals were walking briskly. The crowd at 7:30am was pretty thick, but we got there without any of us, mainly me, dying from a heart attack. The noise and the view were glorious as we watched the three rounds of knockout qualifying. Vettel, the current points leader, qualified on the pole. the start of the race would be interesting with a McLaren in P2 and Vettel's teammate in P3. We found our steak place that night, Texas Land and Cattle. It was much more affordable and very tasty.

Sunday we left the hotel earlier then we did Saturday morning. This time I decided to shop for souvenirs on the way to our hill spot to break up the walk. I picked up a model of the Red Bull Racing hauler for the kiddo and an older BMW Sauber hat for myself. I couldn't quite bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices the vendors wanted for the new team crap. I made my way slowly to our spot on the hill for the race. The race was amazing. Perhaps one of the best all season. Hamilton, who qualified P2, ran down Vettel for the lead about halfway through the race. Hamilton's teammate, Jensen Button, made some great passes to go from 15th to 5th. Once the race ended, we made our way with the other sheep to our car and set off for home. Another 16+ hours in the car and we were back home.

.....and he starts to come out of the shell!!!! Finally! (suggestion: go and edit your original application to be more verbose also.)

I did, if you take the time to go back and read it. :p I added quite a bit to nearly all the questions in the application. And now for something completely different, it's back to finding some bad bulbs in a couple of strings of lights on the Christmas tree.

.....and he starts to come out of the shell!!!! Finally! (suggestion: go and edit your original application to be more verbose also.)

Top Bottom