STO STYXTRIBE Application (3/1/0)

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply)

Yes

Which game(s) are you joining us in?

Star Trek Online, May it live forever!

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?

terso@styxtribe

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?

No family of friends in the guild.

What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

1. Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.

Embarrassing, I went to the bank on a really bad hair day. Dumbest, I left My Miami Doplhins leather jacket in a bar and lost it.

2. What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)

Not the coolest but the funnest was being a cab driver for two months between jobs.

3. Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)

Star Trek Online, Galaga, Phantasy Star Online series, and Tribes 2. AKA the STYXTRIBE gamer tag XBOX live and otherwise. Guess my favorite band?

4. Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.

It's hard to pick just one. I work with the public. It was probably an amway salesman. He would not leave me alone. He came back fives times asking me why I was happy not being rich. He could not accept the fact that I am happy in my job. and that somehow bothered him. I Usually just ignore people like that. But his guy was the worst. Not very much annoys me otherwise.

5. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: photo or video supporting evidence is a plus. :D )

I do a mean Karaoke Just tone song though "Mr. Roboto." Data would be proud!!

6. Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.

One question, Do you have voice chat? Ventrillo or SKype etc.? Does anyone play all nighters in STO of other games?

I await your approval!

terso@styxtribe

Re: STO STYXTRIBE Application

Hiya Styxtribe and

Welcome to the Grand Illusion
Come on in and see what's happening

So what's happening here is an app that is a little light on content. I probably won't be the last to point that out. We are a fun bunch who play games and treat them as games but the appwe take kind of serious. We have a no asshat policy and this is the best filter for that. Soooooo

Take a look at some of the Acceted and rejected apps to see what I mean. We really do want to get to know you.

Yes we do use voice chat, Mumble. Download it and once you join the Unrepentant chat channel we will give you the info for set up. I'd give it here but i can't remember it.

Also, once you're in game and in chat ask someone, anyone for a Cadet invite. That will put you on the roster with limited priviledges.

See you in game and welcome...

OK! One last question. Is there a chat channel or something where I can contact you or anyone from the fleet?

I am not sure how to get a hold of you.

6. Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?

Your just casual gamer's like me. And you have to have a good time. AKA (Are you someone I would like to have a drink with?) Also you have different games you play. I dont just want to play STO only.

I am sorry I missed this question before!

STYXTRIBE said:
OK! One last question. Is there a chat channel or something where I can contact you or anyone from the fleet?

I am not sure how to get a hold of you.
Type this in chat: /channel_join Unrepentant

I agree with fastback... the app is a bit "light" and could use more details. The essence of good storytelling lies in embellishment.

For instance... why was the cab job so much fun? And if it was so much fun, why did you leave? Were there any specific fares or something incredibly funny that happened while on the job?
Regarding your karaoke, any cool stories or more detail on your Mr. Roboto performances?

We like lots of details because it lets us know who you are, and we're irrepressibly nosy people. Or it could be because most of us are hoping to live vicariously through other peoples' misadventures or successes.

Short or generic answers kind of leave the impression that you don't have much to say about yourself, or that you don't have much going on outside the game. We like interesting and lively people who have a lot to say and don't mind speaking their mind.

-met

THe cab job was fun because I was kinda my own boss. I got to go out and get fairs and compete with other drivers for business. I had a knack for predicting the next zone where a fair might be. A lot of luck was involved too. And being able to visit and make friends along the way. Build my own rep. etc. There is a danger factor as well. I had one instance where a lady got in the cab. And someone was instanly there trying to open the door. They were chasing her! I drove away fast. I took the lady about a mile where she wanted to go. I did not charge her anything. I was just glad to help her out. COmpeteing for fairs you have to be quick on the draw so to speak. I drove a supervisors cab. I had an open radio. I could hear both dispatch and the other drivers. Your typical cab could only hear dispatch. So I got to hear all the conversations. WHich could also be anoying at times. I worked 6pm to 6 am. So I would always try to get a fair to the airport in the morning right before Ihad to turn the cab in. Sometimes If I were lucky I would get two fairs. The real trick was sitting on the cab stands for hotels. Take people to the restaurants or strip clubs. And more often then not. This is where you make extra money for good service. They almost always called me for the return trip. Heres the tricky part. Guessing when they might call. So I would try to be back in the area and only do the short fairs if possible. And getting a nice tip is a bonus.

The bad part is no insurance. Not even workmans comp. If I got hurt or wrecked the cab. Its like lights out on the career. No unemployment either. No vacation or bennys. No guarantees of any kind. Thats a lot of pressure when you are used to working with a safty net. I can control myself. But I cannot control someone trying to rob me. Or a drunk or a bike driving in front of me. I had to maintain the cab as well. Put in oil and wash it. I eould have to rent the cab for the week. Hoping I get enough cash fairs to pay for gas. Credit only comes at the end of the month when they do the books. Heres the kicker for me. I was driving the cab one night and the steering went out. I was so damb lucky!! I was going straight on a three lane road in the morning about 25mph. I braked to a slow stop. I was so lucky the wheel stayed semi straight. The steering rod broke. I cannot tell you how much that scared the crap out of me!! That was the deal breaker for me. You see I rented the cab from another driver. Who is respnsible for the mechanical maint. part. I takr\e very good care of any vehicle I drive. Especially when it comes to brakes and safety equipment. I learned there and then I could not go on that way. Later before I quit. I was at a cab stand. A cop stopped. The front left tire was a little raw. He said If he sees me again with a bald tire. I will get a ticket. Again something out of my control. I still went and bought four really good matching used tires for the car. I got my money back from a reduction in the rent. But Some repairs are way to high. I finally left for a better job with benefits.

Now the Kilroy story. No embelishment here. I was in a bar with a buddy I work with. This was maybe the second time I sang Karaoke. Anyway it took a couple of drinks to loosen me up. I found so many songs I could choose from. I had to pick one I could nail. Mr Roboto. It is a tricky song to do. Because of acompanyments. Anyway I got a 96%. Everyone else was singing the Dono ari gotto stuff. But the karaoke part dpes not sing the Mr Roboto stuff. Anyway. The MC. or Karaoke DJ was knida impressed. I got a challenge. She asked me if I could sing a song.. And she would pick it out. No warning on the title until I am standing there and see the title across. the screen. To be fair she says she will pick one she is sure I have heard many times.

At this point I have had about five beers over three hours. I am feeling good about myself, very confident. I was lucky most of the bar patrons had left. Here comes the song. Puttin on the ritz. Im thinking thats not so bad. Heres the kicker. It was the fast version. And the first part of the song is really faster then the last part.

My togue went to jello. I could not do it. I did not get very far. I had to quit. I did not pick the song and was put on the spot. So I was not emberassed or anything. But it felt knda bad. Im not sure I could have ever done this song. Its considered hard I guess. I love the song. But its one I would never have picked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG3PnQ3tgzY

I like the way your are going about this. I like being pushed to give more. Its good for me! I am not used to tooting my own horn so to speak. I am pretty easy going. Anyway I hope to meet some of you in the game.

I like a good crown and coke. If you hit me up I will have some while playing and you wil see if you want me around! LOL

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer

Well, good follow up going on here. That's good to see.

Did you ever get to sleep?

I think that was you I was chatting with this morning. You were about to pass out at the keyboard. Of course, I had just woken up, so I was half awake myself and working on my first cup of coffee, so it's quite possible I'm confusing you with someone else.

So I gotta ask, are you a Styx fan? Is the Mr. Roboto story and your handle just a coincidence?

Great embellishment on the stories. I couldn't imagine driving a cab and having strangers sitting behind me all the time.

The Rock says this! Ive got a secret Ive been hiding under my skin. My heart is human my blood is boiling my brain STO. You will see me acting strangly don't be surprised. Put down that mouse. Borg be dambed! Jump up we all rock and roll!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc

Borg vs the Rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS_du2DEV24

Jabroni can you Hear what the Rock has been singing?

It was me!

My STYX stories come at a price. If you accept my application I will tell you more!

CAN YOU DIGG IT!!

You don't even want to get me started on my Weird Al stories and the sick rabbits!

fastback64 said:
So I gotta ask, are you a Styx fan? Is the Mr. Roboto story and your handle just a coincidence?

Great embellishment on the stories. I couldn't imagine driving a cab and having strangers sitting behind me all the time.

Actually the buddy I work with calls me Kilroy. I cant imagine why?

And I always though I was the strange one. They were the ones with something to worry about!

Yes I am a STYX fan. Is it seven or eight concerts? I lost track.

:mrgreen:

STYXTRIBE said:
You don't even want to get me started on my Weird Al stories and the sick rabbits!
If you read chapter 7, Section 15, subsection 2 paragraph 4, you would have noticed you gave up the right to withhold amusing stories.

Out with it.

ninjaturtle28 said:
STYXTRIBE said:
If you read chapter 7, Section 15, subsection 2 paragraph 4, you would have noticed you gave up the right to withhold amusing stories.

Out with it.

Do I see a deal breaker here?

Thats a pile of STYX

http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~kevin/pix/home/sticks.jpg

How about the sick rabbits instead! I went to a Weid Al concert back in the 90's. There was an http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UsKamvxol2E/S ... Front1.jpg

A sick rabbit http://www.rabbit.org/care/sick.html

And a ferrris wheel http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _wheel.jpg

There was a pile of sticks somewhere I can't quit remember!

Actually there is not Weird Al and sick rabbits amusing story. I was embelishing there. There Was a cool Weird Al concert with rabbits an ostrich and a ferris wheel. But they have nothing in common.

Oh and Weird Al did sign my Jurrasic Park Tshirt and I got to ask him if he was related to my dads neighbors in Minnesota. Frank Yankovic, He said no they but their families were close friends. Its cool but not very amusing.

And Al does a mean concert. Lots of fun there!

My questions to you then:

1. Do you drink while playing STO while talking in voice chat?

2. Do you like the Band STYX?

3. Does anyone play the game Tribes 2?

4. Did Janeway ever?

5. Do you hear that ringing sound?

STYXTRIBE said:
My questions to you then:

1. Do you drink while playing STO while talking in voice chat?

2. Do you like the Band STYX?

3. Does anyone play the game Tribes 2?

4. Did Janeway ever?

5. Do you hear that ringing sound?
1. Of course we do....we have rules you know

2. My first Styx concert was the Pieces of Eight tour in 1979 at Madison Square Garden. I only lost interest when DeYoung quit/got fired/stopped being part of the band. Also, I own vinyl copies of the original Wooden Nickel albums. So yes.

3. I don't but I'm sure someone does.

4. Only with Harry in a Gimp outfit on the holodeck. (I heard Chakotay had to watch).

5. No I only hear those damn voices that won't SHUTUP!!!

+ 2 points for the questions...good app a-going here. :mrgreen:

I am out for a few days. Due to a loss in my family. I will check back later when I am playing again.

Thanks for the opportunity!

See you all soon!

Take your time, RL always comes first. Hope everything works out. We'll be here when you get back.

Top Bottom