STO Application: Coeus (3/1/0)

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Well, my license says I'm 28, but I refuse to believe it.

Which game(s) are you joining us in? Just Star-Trek Online for the moment...

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? You can find me @coeus_darksoul (or passed out with a fedora on my face... don't ask)

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? Nope, I has no friends here :( .... YET!

What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short). Hey, I am short! Boooo! :cry:

1. Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Oh hell... well dumbest thing was flying along I87 at 90mph (got outa the ticket though! Gave me a seatbelt violation just to give me SOMETHING... Ticket cost? $35. Out-of-state tax on the ticket? $45. Figure that one out!). Most embarassing? Hmm... I guess a booze-puke story will do nicely... First was back in ... erm... a legal drinking age *ahem* me & some buddies are out having a grand old time by an outdoor lake in Philly (FDR Park if your familiar with it - the "Mead Hall" building) and we're just sitting outside the hall chilling, and I'm telling some story or another, (can't remember what sadly) and mid-sentence I stop, turn my head to the left, and hurl right there on the ground. A good one too... I quietly wipe my mouth, say excuse me, turn back and continue the story... my buddy goes "Dude, are you OK? You just hurled!" to which I can only think to say, "Damn... I didn't get any on my leather coat did I?"

2. What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?) Oh hell that's an easy one. Lasertag Tech & Arena monkey. That place was such a wreck... arena walls held together bit spit and paint, the shoddy patchjobs we did on the equipment ("Hey, we're outa solder!" "Here, use this." "Dude, I'm not using your chewing gum... I dunno where your mouth's been." "Fine, heres a piece for you, now fix the damn vest!"). But the overnight games, post-holiday drinking parties (Drunken lasertag anyone?) and free arcade games made it all worthwhile, especially when you're still in highschool (Did I say drinking? I mean... ahh screw it).

Worst? Overnight at a 24 hour CVS in South Philly, right a block away from the two biggest (and crappiest) tourist trap Cheese Steak shops in the city. If you have to ask, I'ma have to come over and beat you with a wiffle bat 'cause I ain't relivin that! *shudder* The Stupid... The Stupid...

3. Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?) That's easy, two are on my desktop... Duke Nukem 3d (Boooo Forever! :( ), and Supreme Commander (and I occasionally dabble in Total Annihilation), and Goldeneye 64. Duke & Goldeneye are my childhood man, one hundred percent through & through! SupCom because it reminds me of when I first started playing games online (with TA). Plus, how is it NOT fun to nuke the living crap outa 1000 enemy units then swoop in with an airforce 500 strong and bomb the living hell outa everything?

4. Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you. I had the distinct displeasure of working for one of the most antagonistic micromanager the banking world has ever seen. Let me sum this guy up in two sentences... 1) He was one of the first Aussies I ever met, and walked around with the dopiest sh*t-eating grin I've ever seen. 2) His greeting to my one co-worker every single day (and I mean EVERY SINGLE DAY! Sometimes twice a day!) was this: "Yo, Joe, waddaya know?" in a voice that makes you want to throat-punch Mel Gibson.

5. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: photo or video supporting evidence is a plus. :D ) Hmm... Ok, two bits for ya. One, I'm a senior staffer for a player-run Airsoft community in PA. Staff are basically refs and organizers (read: babysitters), and we get to dress up like this and this and pelt people with plastic death for fun! Second thing is that I desperately want to relive my college acting career (And why WOULDN'T you??) Come to find out that's not exactly something that pays the bills for most people... gotta be in the know :( Oh, and here's a fun bonus fact... I'm 100% Italian by blood (3rd generation state-side) but adopted & raised by Irish (4th generation mixed), yet I still look like my pops... figure that out?

6. Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild? Oh this is easy. Beer. Any community that places such a high priority on the Nectre of the Gawds™ that it's part of their recruitment message is my kinda group!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some. Mostly if The Big U is strictly an MMO group, or do you guys branch out to FPS, RTS, and other game generas? Also, where do I send this bribe check to? [Edit]Oh, almost forgot... I did have ONE more question... whats on tap? :mrgreen:

Cheers guys, look forward to hearing from yas! :2thumbsup: :uey:

Re: STO Application: Coeus

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? You can find me @coeus_darksoul (or passed out with a fedora on my face... don't ask)

Firstly, welcome to the application process..

Secondly you can not tell us not to ask and actually expect us not to ask, especially when the words "passed out" are used in the same sentence. So fess up, what's the story?

Oh and any checks that you would like to send can be sent to me. They may or may not have any influence on whether or not you will get voted into the U but will absolutely have an influence on my demeanor.

Look, the videos of that night are all destroyed, and the few witnesses who can recount anything have all been paid off and/or drunk the memories away... ^.^

Lets just say: Never goto an Irish Pub on Halloween with an Indiana Jones costume, and decide to re-create the bar scene in Nepal from Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Send to you? Got it... Hope you don't mind if it's a bit postdated... *cough*by20years*cough*

Well Howdies....I knew it was Jones when I read Fedora...Gotta love Indy.. As I've said in a previous post,if ya don't have a cadet invite,jump into the Unrepentant chat and mention bribes again. The kids are gorging themselves on Season 5 right now so someone should be rather easy to find and [s:1e34offa]pummel[/s:1e34offa] pester. And Thanks for applying. BTW,I got a lil bro,lives in Allentown and wears a Fedora also...Oh and here's an Actor...
Love that guy....

Coeus said:
Worst? Overnight at a 24 hour CVS in South Philly, right a block away from the two biggest (and crappiest) tourist trap Cheese Steak shops in the city. If you have to ask, I'ma have to come over and beat you with a wiffle bat 'cause I ain't relivin that! *shudder* The Stupid... The Stupid...
I'll resist the urge to beat you for putting down Pat's, but since you brought it up, where do you like to get cheesesteaks?

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You

How about something a little better than, "I got drunk, threw up and then kept yapping"?

I mean, that sounds just like another night of a U raid leader describing fight mechanics.

ironzerg said:
How about something a little better than, "I got drunk, threw up and then kept yapping"?

I mean, that sounds just like another night for a U.
fixed

we're not just an MMO group. We play what we want, when we want, however we want. I know there's a BF3 group somewhere here, and we dabbled in Magicka and Dungeon Defenders.

Are you a Star Trek fan? And more importantly, Trills? or Orions?

I lost a lot of good time on Goldeneye and Duke Nuken, and well even Doom.

Have you played the Wii Goldeneye reboot or going to pick up the PS3 version?

Why Airsoft over Paintball?

Why airsoft over real ballistics? You know other then the not being able to get away with shooting your friends every week....

*cracks knuckles* One at a time lads! Line up then line up!
Guitar96 said:
I'll resist the urge to beat you for putting down Pat's, but since you brought it up, where do you like to get cheesesteaks?
Ooooh really now? Bring it Nancy :D A Pats fan? Whens the last time ya had 'em? You know they changed rolls to some shiesty shop outa Jersey, and their meat supplier... all I'ma say about that is that Philly's rat infestation numbers have seemed mighty low for a while now (I'ma die laughing if thats true!) Well, tell ya what born & raised in South Philly has you leaning towards your neighborhood spots most-times. The best place in Philly is a street vendor on 15th between Chestnut & Samson (outside what used to be the West Coast Video). The best actual shop is Ishkabibbles on South Street. If you absolutely gotta go Tourist Trap, Jims or Tony Luke's, but I'd never take anyone there willingly. The absolute best was a place that was on 6th and South back in the early-mid 90's called Inkys. I used to do deliveries for 'em way back when, but sadly they went belly up when the owner cut & ran with 100k. :(

ironzerg said:

I mean, that sounds just like another night of a U raid leader describing fight mechanics.
... Crapf*ck... that's like 99% of my life stories right there... The 90mph past the NY statie at 5am on an empty highway wasn't dumb enough? drunk at the hockey game, puked on the glass during a scramble for a puck that came over.... drunk at the bar, puked into my bottle when my buddy tipped it and I gotta throat-full of foam and warm beer... drunk at Tori's Brick House, puked in the trash can 'cause the chick next to me puked... and the one time I didn't puke when by all rights I should have was my buddy's 21st on the 3rd shot of Jager... and I frakking hate licorice :(

Ok, heres one for ya... College freshman year, dorms. In the shower, shampooing and a bang at the door to the stall. "EY! Can't ya tell someone's in here?" No answer. Bang! Bang! SLAM! Door wacks open, I got soap all over my face can't see a damn thing. Hear laughing... "Awww sh*t." Never a good sign. Rinse off right quick, pull the curtain back... towels gone, robes gone, but they left my CD player & speakers! Guess they figured I needed a soundtrack... *shrug* "Frak it" and finish my shower. Look out in the bathroom, no one. Pop my head out in the hall - it's after midnight so probably not any chicks on this floor. No one in fact. I spot my stuff on my doormat outside my room. Good thing, rooms locked and my keys in the robe... (THAT woulda been a fun trip to security... wrapped in paper towel... "Sir, did you really need to cover your legs three feet down?" "No one needs to know the answer to that... "). Ok, no ones out it's a weekend so most people are away, my roommates at his folks... I can probably sneak down the hall and get my stuff before anyone spots me... "Pfft, frak that!" Stalk down the hallway like I f*cking own the joint shoutin out loud as hell, "Yall motherf*ckers ain't got balls of yer own so ya gotta take a look at mine? Well enjoy the show b*tches!" all the way down the hall (200~ feet?) in naught by my flipflops.

It was only later that I found out that the security camera was locked on the mens floor that night... and the tape was made... and copied... Yeah... that wouldn't be the last time that camera came back & bit me in the ass either...

CarlosSpiceyWiener said:
I lost a lot of good time on Goldeneye and Duke Nuken, and well even Doom.

Have you played the Wii Goldeneye reboot or going to pick up the PS3 version?

Why Airsoft over Paintball?
Oh man... Doom... now THATS going back a ways... I have not, don't have a Wii, PS3, or 360 (or a TV worth bothering to play 'em on).

Couple reasons for AS over PB. One, FRAK THOSE BRUISES! Badge of honor my ass! LOL Badge of annoyance is more like it :p Biggest reason is the realism of the replicas and the range & accuracy. Allows for far more tactical and fluid engagements. That picture up there is my baby - TM SOPMOD Blowback/Recoil AEG. Two is the cost. The guns are a fair bit more expensive but the ammo is cheap as balls and most fields don't make you buy their own, and even if they do it's about the same cost as if you were to order online & get the shipping. It's also fun tricking out toy guns with replicas of things that are insanely expensive in the real world... ($50 for an EOTECH replica, $40 for an ACOG replica, RIS for $80... etc etc).

That said, I don't really play much anymore (haven't been out in months), got tired of babysitting 16 year olds after 4 years of it. Thankfully, my buddies introduced me to what Gris just mentioned a few weeks ago... real-steel :D I've already got my first firearm (Walther P22 - just something small and inexpensive to shoot for a first, and probably a P99 later) and am getting my LTCF in PA (aka CCW Permit). They also got me into Trap & Skeet shooting... actually did really well my first time out, we're headed out again after the holidays if it's warm enough. Probably gonna get a Beretta over/under sometime next year. Sweeeet and sexy pieces they are!

@ninja, cool beans, good to know! :D Still stuck playing BF:BC2 at the moment, too much going on to splurge $60 on a new game (haven't decided on MW3 or BF3, but if BF3 is where U is I'd probably swing that way :) )

I'm a fairly passive sci-fi fan. I've seen all the ST, SG, and BSG stuff I can find, along with most SW (and read a fair few of the books). Don't own any paraphernalia except the SG1 BDUs (and SG3 patches for my Multicam ) for Airsoft and a P90 replica (complete with center-chest hanging P90 sling :geek: ). Not that I haven't wanted more... but priorities (beer, car, etc)

Coeus said:
Mostly if The Big U is strictly an MMO group, or do you guys branch out to FPS, RTS, and other game generas?
We have lots of people who play games together on Steam and Xbox Live. Had as SC2 group, run a BF3 server, have a Minecraft server...basically if you can think of it, someone is probably playing it.

I log into STO and see a youtube link. I get tricked into having an application read to me. You sir, are a real man of genius!

I have my moments... not many, but they're there :D

Cool beans, though SC2 as in Starcraft or SupCom? If the latter... my heart goes with those who lived to tell the tale :( lol

You still haven't answered the most important question.

Also, did anyone ever show up wielding one of these?

[youtube:3obt6281]ZsfY_4vWN5A[/youtube:3obt6281]

HAHAHA! Oh man, I haven't seen that video in forever... the guys and I made a pact long ago: If anyone ever showed up we'd send them home after we "confiscated it for safety"... then proceeded to the nearest firing range to unload boxes full of utter plastic glee.

Never saw that, but did see every form of home-made BB launcher you can think of - from converted potato cannons, to fully functional M203 launchers strapped into LAW-style launcher tubes. Homemade claymores and pressure mines (all sucked ballsweat, mind you) and a few variations of grenades.

[Edit]Ooo, almost forgot to mention... our group did get an invite to play here - Ft. Indiantown Gap's brand new (at the time) MOUT/CACTF. THAT was an experience...

Dantos

Probably Deserves a Hat

Skylatron said:
Coeus said:
Mostly if The Big U is strictly an MMO group, or do you guys branch out to FPS, RTS, and other game generas?
We have lots of people who play games together on Steam and Xbox Live. Had as SC2 group, run a BF3 server, have a Minecraft server...basically if you can think of it, someone is probably playing it.
Dont forget borderlands and LoL!

BL!! Yeeessss..... that game was a frickin blast. Still gotta kill crawmarx(sp?)

Harplager

Promoter

Klingons: great faction or greatest faction?

Coeus said:
am getting my LTCF in PA (aka CCW Permit).
How hard is that process in your state?

Excellent start! I too watched your little production (o.k. listened) while playing last night. Should this be a new requirement?? Naah

So which Star Trek series is your favorite?

Are you looking forward to SWTOR?

Well see you in game and keep up the activity.

Top Bottom