star wars the old republic App: loniethor (2/2/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
star wars the old republic

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
loniethor

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
While drunk, me and some friends were jumping over some trees in the woods, i fell and got my acl broken. Yay.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Clamp lift driver for over 14 years. Really love it. Like the productivity pressure. Worst well, cook. Cooking is fine in mmos. But in real life, i suck at it.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Secret of mana, Final Fantasy tactics, Zelda.

Classic tittles that dontt get old. Love them, played them countless of times, love the stories.

Counting out mmos, but if i would put mmos here, i did play wow for overs 8 years, love raiding and the feeling of accomplishment and feelign of what i can bring to people.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Someone at my job, that i used to like and work with. And finally saw his true face. Backdooring people, selfish, was looking only at his own profit.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Im a proud father of a lill girl, 2 years, Her name is Alicia. Maybe if im accepted ill show pictures. :))

Second: im normally speaking french and im applying in english, How is that not kewl :)

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Did 2 flashpoint in swtor with spoonz, bananabread. Liked their enthousiasm and fun factor. They asked me if i wanted to join the guild and i did. I want a casual and fun and relaxed guild. Like i said after 8 years of wow, i want to be able to enjoy a game, play it when i can, and have fun with people.

Im over 35 and i dont want any drama in guild if possible and u guys seems to support that idea from ur guild charter so :)

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Pie or cake?

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
Yes

Harplager

Promoter
Hello and welcome to the application process. We are a very laid back group, but we take the application process seriously. It's a way for us to get to know you. Stay on top of it and participate in the discussion.

To answer your question, pie is almost always my preference over cake. I have to be in a mood to eat all the bread-iness of cake.

Now a question for you: what hobbies do you have outside of gaming and keeping up with your daughter?

Howdy! Good start, but there HAS to be something better than "I got drunk and hurt myself". Almost everyone has a story like that. I want something truly awesome.

Our SWTOR branch is especially active in Mumble and is very close knit. Do you use mumble/vent/teamspeak regularly? I mean, it's not required, but it definitely helps if you can hop in to mumble and chat.

Anyways, my standard applicant questions are as follows.

1. If you could hang out with, and have an honest conversation with anyone in history, dead or alive, who would it be? And why?

2. If it was your last day on earth, and you could only listen to 1 album before you depart, what would it be?

Check back here regularly and keep up the banter. Maybe check out the accepted/rejected applications on the application thread just to get a good idea of what were looking for. Good luck!

For the record, banana and i ran 2 flashpoints with him yesterday. He also popped into mumble for a bit. seemed pretty laid back. He does work 12 hour days and is at work today, so he may not be on to reply today.

I've got a question, Having learned english as a second language, how difficult would you say it is? I've heard it's a hard language to learn.

Also, Pie. Unless it's pound cake. a plain unadorned pound cake always wins.

D'oh! I forgot to answer his question! Pie. Especially chocolate silk pie. You know, real chocolate silk pie, with chocolate mousse as the filling instead of chocolate pudding (which is also good, but not even close to the real thing.)

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
Greetings and welcome to the application process.

I also would like to see a more interesting and/or longer story. Surely you've done something that makes for a more entertaining tale.

What does a clamp lift driver do? I have only something of a hunch.

Good game choices, even if I've never played through Tactics. Which Legend of Zelda game was your favorite? Did you play the predecessor to Secret of Mana (originally on Game Boy)? Did you play Seiken Densetsu 3 (the sequel)?

I don't eat pie or cake anymore, but when I did I preferred cake. French silk is my favorite pie, but I'd still rather have certain cakes.

Finally, when I suggested yesterday that you type "you" with three letters, I wasn't trying to get you down. It was friendly advice. It's going to be an uphill battle with certain people with the power to vote if you don't put some more effort into communication.

Stay on top of the application and be active in-game.

i keep seeing this in my head when i read clamp lift driver. :D
[SPOIL]

aliens_loader.jpg
[/SPOIL]

Hi harplager :)

What hobbies do i have outside of gaming, Well i really like to go camping, Camping with my daughter of course even if she is only 2. She really loves to go outside, and enjoy the sun, playing.
I really love to go to the movies, listening to music.
Since my acl got broken, cant really enjoy tennis, badminton, hiking and so on anymore. So, Biking replaced all those :)

Finally, Pie is way better than cake.

Hi nygoth :)

has a response to ur first question: Who would i talk with and why. Mmm. Nice one. I would say my dad. Since i never got to know him, never got a chance to really talk to him as an adult. I would really like to speak to him at least once. You know. But since hes been gone since i was 2. Well. I know he would b over 75 years old right now, dont even know if hes dead or not so :) That would b my answer.

To ur second question: last day on earth i would prolly listen to Electronic music, hardcore/gabber type, Like neophyte or scott brown. Album, well there is so many songs or tracks that i like, mmm ill get back to u for that.

Spoonz: Thanx for having me in those flashpoint, Really enjoyed it. Thanx for inving me also in the guild. As for learning english, it was smooth. Ive learned it over the years just reading, listening to movies, playing video games and talking to people. Im not a perfect bilingual but i think people can understand me just well. People tell me that french is way harder to learn than english because of tenses of verbs. Way more tenses in french than in english.

Mutiny, ahhh that guy :p haha. Ok a clamp lift driver. Basically, I work in a printing shop. Printing magasines and so on. A clamp lift is basically like a fork lift, but for rolls of paper. So. Expedition/reception of merchandise, rolls of paper, supplying.

Legend of zelda on the supernintendo was my favorite. No i never played the secret of mana one on the game boy. sorry. I could get an emulator though. Never played seiken densetsu 3 either.

If i can add disgea also, really like that kind of game, similar to tactics.

I would also say that im an anime freak guy. Listening to alot actually. Really liked berserk, inuyasha, lain, deathnote, naruto, bleach, Full metal alchemist and so so on :)

Last edited:
I like the answer, it definitely has a personal touch.

I prefer Ocarina of Time personally, on N64, but Link to the Past isan awesome game in it's own right, and probably my 2nd favorite in the Zelda series. At the time it was released, I thought the whole "Light World/Dark World" thing was so awesome. But then again, I was like 8 when it was released lol.

Keep up the banter and take the advise of the other Ueys here. They are wise beyond their years. :p
But most importantly, be yourself and have fun. Good luck!

Really guys? Pie? Cake is by far superior. Carrot Cake, Lemon Cake, White Cake, Chocolate Cake, Angel Food Cake, Devils Food Cake. I can do this all day. Bundt Cake, Upside Down Cake...

Howdy Applicant, I haven't been ingame at the same times as you... yet! heh But here's some questions for ya; Did you play SWG? If so what server? Read any of EU books, comics, or GN's? Favorites? Who run Barter Town?

Cake, specifically Ice Cream cake!

Ice cream cake is indeed amazing...but not as amazing as semi-frozen chocolate silk pie...

Oh, that's cool. I remember banana (?) saying something about you working at a printing shop. My grandfather and father both worked in printing for the majority of my life. My grandfather designing presses my father installing/repairing them.

I guess i'm going to have to find some spanish shows to start watching if i want to learn spanish smoothly. :)

EverNova

Promoter
Really guys? Pie? Cake is by far superior. Carrot Cake, Lemon Cake, White Cake, Chocolate Cake, Angel Food Cake, Devils Food Cake. I can do this all day. Bundt Cake, Upside Down Cake...
Geez Ginny! Leaving out the best of all - - CHEESECAKE. :eek:

We ran some more flashpoints today. Lonie popped into mumble. He has some sort of crazy alien stamina -- running flashpoints after 12 hours at work.

Anyways... question:

Do you have any pets? If so what? If not, why not and what would you get if you had to choose?

Geez Ginny! Leaving out the best of all - - CHEESECAKE. :eek:

We ran some more flashpoints today. Lonie popped into mumble. He has some sort of crazy alien stamina -- running flashpoints after 12 hours at work.

Anyways... question:

Do you have any pets? If so what? If not, why not and what would you get if you had to choose?

Hey banana :)

At the moment i dont have any pet no. I used to have cats, But my last cat, that i did have for about 5 years died in a mysterious way. Didnt really like that, the pain, she was my lil baby, got her when she had only 1 month and half old. had to feed milk to her so. Meh.

I plan to have a dog at some point. I want a pug. Yes. a pug :) They are so adorable.. lol :)

well thanx again for having me in those flash. :) had fun.

I guess I am to be ignored...

Hi problemz. And i apologize for not responding, i didnt mean to.

No i never played star wars galaxies. Im not really the reader type, so no i dont read comics. Kinda funny actually because we actually print the marvels comics.
What about u? Do u read comics? If u do, what do u enjoy in them and if i can ask, whats ur best one?

Finally im gonna look a bit dumb here but, what do u mean by who runs the barter town? Care to explain?

Thanx again!

Hi problemz. And i apologize for not responding, i didnt mean to.(1)

No i never played star wars galaxies. Im not really the reader type, so no i dont read comics. Kinda funny actually because we actually print the marvels comics.
(2)What about u? Do u read comics? If u do, what do u enjoy in them and if i can ask, whats ur best one?

(3)Finally im gonna look a bit dumb here but, what do u mean by who runs the barter town? Care to explain?

Thanx again!
1. Is forgivable

2. I don't' collect anymore, but the pride of my collection is Giant Size Xmen #1, in maybe VF condition. I loved the detachment from the real world. The possibility of amazing powers, aliens, monsters, Gods, and action, adventure... you know maybe you ought to pick up some to see the light hehehe

I recommend; Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, The Watchmen, Sin City, and The Walking Dead: Volume 1: Days Gone By. Those are just the ones i've personally read.

3. Unforgivable until you see Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

Now give me a movie you'll watch no matter what? You are in periodicals but what do you read?

1. Is forgivable

2. I don't' collect anymore, but the pride of my collection is Giant Size Xmen #1, in maybe VF condition. I loved the detachment from the real world. The possibility of amazing powers, aliens, monsters, Gods, and action, adventure... you know maybe you ought to pick up some to see the light hehehe

I recommend; Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, The Watchmen, Sin City, and The Walking Dead: Volume 1: Days Gone By. Those are just the ones i've personally read.

3. Unforgivable until you see Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

Now give me a movie you'll watch no matter what? You are in periodicals but what do you read?

Hey again :)

I did some research about the barter town and yeah i found out its about mad max. I know the movies, but never really listen to them. So, ill try to download that one and listen to it soon enough :)

For the movie i would listen no matter what, i would say avatar. Really loved that movie. As second i would say unbreakable, u prolly know that movie since u love comics. Really like the good and bad heroes in that movie.

And finally like i said im not the reader type. Rarelly pick up something to read other than the journal. And even that... Im more a movies and series type of guy.

Well thanx for sharing that passion with me :) U have a great one.

I find it's next to impossible to concentrate on an application which doesn't have an avatar attached. We're missing a huge part of your personality with that gray & white splotch sitting next to your posts.

Top Bottom