So.... What's the story behind your screenname?

Mine is a Star Wars derivative from the Dave Wolverton's The Courtship of Princess Leia. Allaya was a rogue Jedi who was exiled to Dathomir ages and ages ago, and whose children, though mostly untrained at her death since the eldest was only sixteen, passed her force talent through their descendents to the witches of Luke and Leia's era. KT stands for Kir Ti, shortened from Kirana Ti, another Dathomir character who makes several other appearances in the Bantam books. Allanya Kir Ti was a character I played in a very longrunning Star Wars (West End Games) independents campaign. Over the years, while recycling the name for other genres, the name evolved to Allanya Elaine Kirtin. But the screenname stayed the same.

That is adequately nerdy.

Mines not nearly as interesting. My first name is Skyla. In high school, I was (still am I guess) a computer nerd. Also had a thing for just electronics and stuf and was basically wired to my computer (a la Serial Experiments Lain) and a cup of coffee. Tron is the obvious nod to the movie, and with me being as "wired" as I was, they just started calling me Skylatron.

My other alias, Ruhelos Seele, means restless soul in german. I picked it as a rp name for a tortured warrior type character.

My final one, Aldora Blackwood, literally took me 6 months to perfect. I was prepping for Star Trek Online to come out (back in 2003) and wanted a name that was strong and commanded respect. Insert jokes about the last name, here.

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
A lot of people have asked me if my name is some clever comment on religion and economics, but the truth is that it's really just a random named I pulled out of my ass for a Diablo (D1, not D2) character back in 1999.

After trying several names that were taken I wracked my brain for sufficiently "Sorcererly" words, and my mind flashed to the Dao - an elemental spirit from D&D. That was taken, but I made the leap to "Dao Jones", and that was free. When D2 dropped, and you actually needed a battle.net account to play I made that my bnet account name, and it just stuck.

Since then many other people have used the name, and a google search doesn't put anything by me in even the top ten. (Which is fair, because other than some game guides on gamefaqs.com I've not done much with the name.) However, all those other people are pretenders, and I have at least 6-7 years more time using "Dao Jones" than they do. I figure if anyone ever gets famous with this name I'll sue 'em. :D

This is fun!

Well for me ShiShi was shortened from Shiraishin by some Guildies in a Raid one night because they got tired of trying to pronounce my name every time they were doing heal assignments, ect. (She rye shin, hard right? :roll: )
Shiraishin is Death Poem in Japanese (Rough translation), and since I've been writing Dark and Deathy Poetry on DarkPoetry.com since I was a wee teeny bopper (Yes I realize to some of you I still am one) I just sort of went with it when I started playing WoW, my first Character ever was Shiraishin, a NElf Hunter, and my first character on my very one shiny new account was Shinraishi, an NElf Rouge XD. ^.^;

And here I thought your name was inspired by Transformers, Skylatron.

My alias is not that deep. When I was younger, I had a fascination with the grim reaper. Not in a death, creepy, murder way, but that of time catching up to us, and him being the messenger and collector of wayward souls.

I think this quote from Star Trek Generations sums it up. "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal."

I also used to play Warhammer and grimmy was the name I gave a war badge I created for my Ork army. Grim Reaper sounds like a serial killer screen name anyway. I put my initials CB in front and that's how I came by it. I've thought about changing it over the years, but haven't put much thought into it.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Mine is complicated, back in the late 80's I ran on a lot of BBS's and wanted a handle I could remember and that also reflected who I am...

So...this is the clever bit, I took my first name, Hunt and my last name, Godfrey, and stuck them together...

Rose is my middle name, and avian is because I love birds, flying, etc. So, Roseavian. I created it when I joined Unrepentant.

The other name I use is Wikkavian. Wikk refers to Wicca, and again, avian for birds. This name I have used for years, though not for gaming until recently (I have only been gaming for two years). I am Wikkavian in Minecraft.

Neither one has ever been taken.

SharpPointyStick!Well ya see...uhm...well...There was this time when...no...uhm...Hell,I got nothin... :lol:

Well, I have two, I suppose, but only one has a semi-interesting (not) story. Stonar was the name of a D&D character I played when I was... like... 12. He was a gargoyle, gargoyles are made out of stone, so... Stonar. Seemed fine. And that was when I was playing MUDs and the like, so I signed up for things using this name to remember. No, it's not a drug reference.

Phantom Of Ares I came up with brainstorming for an... xbox live gamertag, I think. I liked the idea of being a messenger or an assassin for the aforementioned god of war, and I've always been a big fan of your thiefy, stealthy characters, so Phantom of Ares was born.

Tanuki is totally deep and meaningful, and not just me watching Pom Poko a few days before signing up to the Champions online forums... Honest...

I usually use Shikome, Eryines, Harpy, Zilant or some other monstergirl though... Basically I just throw names at the registration/character creation screen until one sticks. :lol:

Joris is the name my friends gave me in the years of halo 2 , don't know why/or how they came up with it , but it stuck ever since,

My other alias are , sabin , seldom, and skroth.

Sabin is a character from FF6 that could suplex a train :D and sadly last one on the list for me to pick. (in my friends group we always picked out a character for us to be, and we would all name our selfs accordingly for all of our save files)

Seldom , is a mix between my two best friends names , Random (which who is in the U) and Selective. Sel-Dom

And lastly my 2nd most used name is skroth.

I got it from the trilogy , War/test/time of the twins . A D&D book about two brothers in dragonlance.

It's the city for the Hill dwarfs if i remember correctly Ska' Tiroth is the spelling ...... i think :D

Anyways , that's my lot of names :p

:uey: Drink strong , and Hang free!

Aliver's story is simple.....I used WOW's random generated name button when I created Aliver as my first Horde toon. When I joined the U, I just used that name.

Dug this up from an old post from a forum that is now in the graveyard:

( http://www.unrepentantgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7043 )

Re: Your internet "name", and why you use it.

Post by darquewaters » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 am

I also have had a few names in my past BBS days. like "Mr Self-Destruct" (big NIN fan)

Waters is my last name....

I first saw the name Darque when reading what became my favorite comic book publishers series's, Valiant comics. they had a villain named "Master Darque" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Darque is by far my favorite character of all time.

[hsimg:gwbfme9y]http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/eternal-warrior/6-1.jpg[/hsimg:gwbfme9y]

Darque is and old English spelling of (duh) dark and is even seen in french. and is even seen as a family name amongst English and french descendants.

then on top of that was yes the cartoon show "Pirates of Dark Water" which yes is also a favorite of mine. and so you see add all that together and you get

Darque Waters

Aethyre

Rainbow Warrior
My name is my own little variation of the main character from the book that got me started reading fantasy. Aerin from McKinnley's Hero and the Crown.

Blowfish was a random choice. Zound is my current main in Rift and that one came from a listing of odd words on the internet. It is "used to express anger, surprise or indignation." Which sounded great to me!

Many of my names include puns or obscure references. Sometimes I'll even have a strange inside joke going on that makes me laugh hysterically due to on screen prompts.

My information is also from that graveyard post...

My handle really doesn't have a huge story behind it. I didnt always use this one though. Back in the days of diablo 1 I used LordAcid, basically because i was really into lords of acid at the time. That got shortened to Acid, then changed to Acidfyre for EQ. I had all manner of alts in EQ, all of them named Acid-something. I decided that I needed a change when WoW came out, so I came up with Pragmat. I wanted something connected with my name - Matt, and I like the idea of pragmatism. When the time came around to roll an alt, i stuck with my tried and true method of naming a character and just stuck different words onto the end of prag. My mage is named Pragical, which seemed like a logical mash-up of magical and pragmat. My horde DK is named Praggo, I think i wanted some waffles.

When Old Republic drops I will be moving away from my normal names completely... every character will be either a full or part of a computer command, during the beta I did Loopback, Reboot, and Deltree... I really like Deltree so that is probably gonna be my first char.

Not that much behind my name but I use it for everything. And actually if you remember the movie Can't Hardly Wait.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0014646/bio

"All the ladies want be with SpecialK"

Thought it worked since my name is Kenny also and the numbers 13 and 07 were my desired uniform numbers for whatever sports I played in high school and college.

Metzli was the char i was playing in WoW when i joined the U. Its a name i "borrowed" from a girl i played The Sims Online with. I'm not overly fond of it, but hey, whatever. Changing it now would just confuse people.

My original internet name, which i still use occasionally is Stellarstorm. It was 3-4 in the morning some time in '98, and i wanted something more mature than the Mandaroo97 i was running around AoL with. Its a slightly stretched and romanticized image of a meteor shower.

Nowdays, away from here, im most likely either EvilPixie or DayGloPixie. An old gaming character, Pixan, got shortened to Pix, evolved into Pixie, and stuck. Evil was the modifier i tacked on to my RockBand character (who wore pastels and roller skates...) and DayGlo comes from my ridiculously bright outlook on life and my tendency to wear colors that match that.

My favorite villain, from The Woman in While http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Woman_in_White_(novel). See the entry in the character list following the synopsis for Count Fosco. I especially like this about him: "ccentric, bombastic, urbane, but also unfathomably intelligent and menacing"

Fos, when Fosco is taken.

Pfos sometimes because those are three of my initials, in the correct order.

[youtube:3idjiam7]3fhz0m17y0Q[/youtube:3idjiam7]

Been using it since around 1992-1993. Started as the full song title, then dropped the sexy... then changed the spelling... but it hasn't changed in more than a decade.

Top Bottom