Several new TV shows worth checking out - Lucifer, Minority Report and Blindspot!

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
I love Sweet Tooth, but I spent about 40% of it crying. Be warned.

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
Re:Sweet Tooth - The first couple episodes were hard to get through but it gets better. Also what's with the 6 minutes of narration at the beginning of the first episode? Has that director never heard of showing not telling? ><

It also feels like half a season... and it's netflix. Hopefully it does well enough in their metrics to warrant finishing.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
I took a chance on Sweet Tooth on Netflix. Initial Netflix commercials made it look not good. And I have to say, for a show about the life of a mutant in the post-apocalyptic near future, it's among the most human* things I've seen this year.

*Infuriatingly human. Cleverly human. Naively human. Humorously human. Touchingly human. Disappointingly human. Melancholically human.
I enjoyed the comic, the first episode left me flat, but will give it a few more episodes.

huntgod

Promoter
I thoroughly enjoyed my quick binge of Clarkson's Farm. If you're into Top Gear or Grand Tour, then you owe it to yourself. If you think a (mostly) light-hearted documentary on farming sounds enjoyable, well, it is.
Hmm, I love old school Top Gear and have enjoyed some of The Grand Tour, will check that out.

huntgod

Promoter
Finished up The Farm and yes it was very entertaining, I've seen Big and enjoyed it, halfway through James May in Japan and really like it as well, which is surprising as May is my least favorite of the Top Gear crew.

How in the hell did I never find out about Miracle Workers until it's into its 3rd season? Saw a commercial the other day, and after seeing it had Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi as two of the main characters I figured I'd give it a go. Part way into the first season, and it's got some hilarious moments.

huntgod

Promoter
How in the hell did I never find out about Miracle Workers until it's into its 3rd season? Saw a commercial the other day, and after seeing it had Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi as two of the main characters I figured I'd give it a go. Part way into the first season, and it's got some hilarious moments.
Yup i's awesome and each season is very different. Season one they work in heaven, season 2, same actors different characters, they live in the middle ages and now in season 3 they are on the Oregon Trail :p

huntgod

Promoter
I honestly couldn't tell you where damn near anything airs anymore...

Top Bottom