Several new TV shows worth checking out - Lucifer, Minority Report and Blindspot!

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Lovecraft Country on HBO is exceptional...

On a different note though, my kids got me to watch Owl House and it is very entertaining even for adults, which got me to watch Gravity Falls, which is also fantastic and season two is questionably for kids.

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
Teenage Bounty Hunters is a laugh riot. The Boys season two is great but it's not always the most pleasant thing to watch by nature of the series.

Also watching American Horror Story seasons by release date. Enjoyed Murder House a lot. Asylum tried to run in too many different directions but I didn't regret watching it.

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
Also watching American Horror Story seasons by release date. Enjoyed Murder House a lot. Asylum tried to run in too many different directions but I didn't regret watching it.
I loved Asylum. I think its one of the most underrated seasons.

AHS is all about taking a good handful of, well, American Horror Stories, and putting them into one big grinder. I'm a big fan of the show overall. Some seasons are more subtle about it, others less so. Not all of them do it well.

I think you're getting into Coven. That one is okay. The best parts of it materialize in other seasons IMO.

After that is Freak Show, which is my absolute least favorite. It picks up after that though.

huntgod

Promoter
It started iffy and slow but Raised by Wolves is proving to be very good, it just takes some work to get through episode 1, but end of the day is classic Ridley Scott and worth the investment.

Woke is also really good, really enjoying it and it tackles a lot of tough issues in a very approachable way.

huntgod

Promoter
Ok, this is an odd one from me and describing it really doesn't sell it but TED LASSO is about the best all around show I've seen in awhile.

Apple TV really keeps pumping out very solid shows but this one was on it's own level.

It's a bit of Major League meets fish out of water, the main character is a college football coach who is hired to coach a British Premiere league soccer/football team. I was expecting a funny but ultimately dumb comedy but it is so much more. It's funny, heart breaking at times, all the characters have a charm and Jason Sudeikis is just brilliant as the coach and I: just can't recommend this more highly.

It ultimately is a show that leaves you feeling good about humanity and has very little to do with sports or soccer. Anyone who knows how much of a pessimist I am will realize what a compliment that is.

Mutiny

Community Officer
Super pissed that Teenage Bounty Hunters got cancelled. Glow also got cancelled but I didn't watch enough of it to fall in love yet.

AHS Coven was really fun and probably my favorite season yet. AHS as a series became a lot easier to enjoy once I came to the realization that the show doesn't really make an effort to be scary and I should probably stop expecting it, although there were a couple moments in the Murder House pilot episode that were pretty freaky and gave me the wrong impression for the rest of the series. I'm on Freak Show now and it's making a play for my heart with Sarah Paulson singing Fiona Apple. The scary clown guy is one of the creepier villains yet due to his entire lack of speech. The quietest ones are the most devious, after all.

Mutiny

Community Officer
Finished Happy season 2 (final season as it was cancelled). Oddest and wildest television series I've ever seen. I can only assume it was created by the kind of drug-fueled multi-day bender the Cats musical was. Chris Meloni was amazing and I enjoyed it throughout but there's all kinds of sexual-based content warning that is needed. Like, all of it. If it's a weird and/or criminal sex thing, it's included. It's also ultra-violent. Not for the faint of heart.

huntgod

Promoter
Finished Happy season 2 (final season as it was cancelled). Oddest and wildest television series I've ever seen. I can only assume it was created by the kind of drug-fueled multi-day bender the Cats musical was. Chris Meloni was amazing and I enjoyed it throughout but there's all kinds of sexual-based content warning that is needed. Like, all of it. If it's a weird and/or criminal sex thing, it's included. It's also ultra-violent. Not for the faint of heart.
It surprising how far they were able to go on regular tv with that show, I enjoyed it and was also a fan of the comic.

huntgod

Promoter
Just finally started watching The Good Lord Bird, Ethan Hawke is brilliant and the show has a strong Tarantino vibe about the abolitionist John Brown.

I'm hoping the series stays this strong because the first episode is fantastic.

Top Bottom